Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » has anyone here used h&r block to do their taxes?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: has anyone here used h&r block to do their taxes?
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good or bad experience? Did they help you get most possible refund?

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
CalBoy101
¯
Member # 13131

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalBoy101  Ford pictures for CalBoy101    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used their online program, I think around $50. or so. Its not too bad but to do it right you have to ask some questions but they answered them online with a pretty good turnaround time. Also you can ask questions from various accounting forums online, there a lot of those with accountants that will help you for free.
I'm going to use it again this year, it reads in all your info from the last year so that makes it faster the next time.

When your done and are ready to submit it they give the big push to have one of there store experts look at it for free. I did that and they tried to get me to pay for a more detailed look but in talking to them I came to the conclusion that they knew less that the people on the accounting forums that I was getting free advice from.

[ 2014-01-23, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: CalBoy101 ]

Posts: 34 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Aug 2013  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used them back in 06 and I ended up getting audited because of them... And then they turned their back on me when it was their fault! If you do use them make sure you ask for their audit protection plan or else they will leave you screwed...

[ 2014-01-23, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: 87MclarenMustang ]

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
H&R is for n00bs

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TurboTax ftw.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used h&r springs!
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used them once I remember the lady that was helping me with my taxes was trying act smart with me just because I was not so sure on a couple of her questions she ask me I quickly put the bitch in here place after 15 min I just took my w2 out her hand and told her she not qualified to prepare my taxes and left [Mad]

[ 2014-01-24, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: red5o ]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gonna see if I can do them myself this year

[ 2014-01-24, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: red5o ]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife has been using turbo tax and so far so good

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:
I used them back in 06 and I ended up getting audited because of them... And then they turned their back on me when it was their fault! If you do use them make sure you ask for their audit protection plan or else they will leave you screwed...

Funny my uncle and cousin(father and son) used them last year and they both got audited!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
been going to H&R since 2000, no complaints, decent refunds...kinda pricey though.
Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercury God of Speed  Ford pictures for Mercury God of Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck H&R Crock they fucked me out of 3K four years ago cause the tax guy completely missed a form. it was "stuck" to another page. and they reniged on the "mistake insurance" because the form was missing.

Find a good tax guy thru good recommendations i love my tax guy he charges me $170 bucks a year and has found me money even turbo tax missed.
i was laid off this year and couldn't afford him so i called his secretary to tell her we had to skip this year, he called me back personally and said "Good people don't go long without work, you pay me when you can get your files in order and bring it." and he gives me tax advice when i call or go see him.

[ 2014-01-24, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Zed Stang ]

--------------------
Ford Blue Blood. 68 XR7 390 X code Cougar, 95 GTS(sold) 95 GT(Donor) 06' GT Black on Black(sold)

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do it yourself. turbo tax or similar program. why pay more for some monkey at h&r block who would basically be using a similar program as you would doing it yourself ?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And once you get audited, you basically are getting audited for 6 years straight!

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant stand the smell of old people, so turbo tax ftw! [worship]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

gq916
¯
Member # 8540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gq916  Ford pictures for gq916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on which tax pro u go to..

--------------------
Zinc Yellow 2003 Mach1
Maximum Motorsport Suspension

White 1996 Cobra-Sold 3/2013
Tuned by ForceFed
AED Dyno 308rwhp 283rwtq SAE

Posts: 306 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use to work for them (non tax division) years ago. They offered free tax prep for being a employee. Gotta say, it was the worst experience I ever had and will never use them again. I have been using turbo tax, doing it myself online with no issues.
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by POWERED BY FORD:
I used h&r springs!

LOL!

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay far away from them they did my mother's income tax and cost Her 20k before it was all over

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get your billion back America!

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you do them yourself freetaxusa.com is cheaper and is just as good if not better.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've used them since 1999. Never had an issue, never got audited. I had a great lady I went to every year. She has since started her own company and now I go to her instead.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com