Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone have fishtanks? Freshwater

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have fishtanks? Freshwater
Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive had mine for about 6 months and fell in love with the hobby.

40 Gallon breeder and Im running 2 50 Fluvals and a dual t5 high output fluorescent light with about 80 watts. Looking at getting a bigger tank at the moment but I'm curious to see what you guys got! These are just some of my fish!

-

-

My Electric German blue ram
 -

Rainbow shark and he is actually not aggressive at all
 -

My blood eyed swordtail and he is the most aggressive in the tank but only with the mollies
 -

I have 2 loaches but I only see them during feeding time

-

I have plenty ghost shrimp

-

Then some of my favorite are the rumynose tetras. The red nose can actually tell your water conditions depending on the color and the checkered tails are badass!  -

[ 2014-01-18, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Mineralgt ]

--------------------
02 GT Vert

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty sweet. I've had some cichlids but that's it. My buddy has a big ass saltwater tank with some clown fish, anenamies and some other cool stuff.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently setup my old tank; a flat back hex and a stand that I built over 20yrs ago. I have Discus, a few odd ball fish: Reticulated River Loach, long fin pleco, darter tetras & clean up crew - cats, clown loaches.

-

-

-

[ 2014-01-18, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: RAP66 ]

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are they hard to take care of?? I have been wanting to put some in the new tank I want to build but I heard there really difficult to take care of! But there beautiful bro that's sick!

quote:
Originally posted by RAP66:
I recently setup my old tank; a flat back hex and a stand that I built over 20yrs ago. I have Discus, a few odd ball fish: Reticulated River Loach, long fin pleco, darter tetras & clean up crew - cats, clown loaches.

-

-

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/977415_10201570505367153_1604294475_o.jpg

--------------------
02 GT Vert

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to have cichlids 2 tiger Oscars, 2 managuesse (jaguar cichlids), 2 green terror and placos oh and convicts about 6. all but the placo and Oscars breed like crazy lol. started off like you op guppies, neon tetras, zebra dinos etc etc then one day bought an Oscar, about a week later no more lil fish started off with a 10 gallon tank upgraded to a 35 gallon added another Oscar n placo then again upgraded to a 55g and added the green terrors (more aggressive then the Oscars) and convicts about 8 fish n the tank. had my Oscar for almost 9 years and wasn't full grown yet! then made mistake and bought a female and male jaguar cichlid (extremely aggressive especially with fry) killed almost everything in my tank then tried killing my placo n they both died lol. tank never looked as good as yours tho Oscars like uprooting plants got 135g turtle tank now
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Lmao sounds like you went crazy with aggressive fish!! I can't keep my mollies from dropping fry though!! They breed like crazy so I constantly donate them to a local fish store. I don't have fish aggressive enough to eat them! I seem oscars get huge that's why I never invested in one but hey are definitely beautiful fish. I try to stay away from the aggressiveness because I love my tetras lol. I also stayed away from cichlids because they rip up plants and I love the natural look and how beneficial it is for the tanks or else they are my h more beautiful then the regular fish.

quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
I used to have cichlids 2 tiger Oscars, 2 managuesse (jaguar cichlids), 2 green terror and placos oh and convicts about 6. all but the placo and Oscars breed like crazy lol. started off like you op guppies, neon tetras, zebra dinos etc etc then one day bought an Oscar, about a week later no more lil fish started off with a 10 gallon tank upgraded to a 35 gallon added another Oscar n placo then again upgraded to a 55g and added the green terrors (more aggressive then the Oscars) and convicts about 8 fish n the tank. had my Oscar for almost 9 years and wasn't full grown yet! then made mistake and bought a female and male jaguar cichlid (extremely aggressive especially with fry) killed almost everything in my tank then tried killing my placo n they both died lol. tank never looked as good as yours tho Oscars like uprooting plants got 135g turtle tank now

--------------------
02 GT Vert

Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Any pictures of the darter tetras?? And where did you get those if you don't mind me asking?? I saw some pics of google and they are beautiful!! I've never seen those before!

quote:
[QB] I recently setup my old tank; a flat back hex and a stand that I built over 20yrs ago. I have Discus, a few odd ball fish: Reticulated River Loach, long fin pleco, darter tetras & clean up crew - cats, clown

--------------------
02 GT Vert

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mineralgt:
Any pictures of the darter tetras?? And where did you get those if you don't mind me asking?? I saw some pics of google and they are beautiful!! I've never seen those before!

quote:
[QB] I recently setup my old tank; a flat back hex and a stand that I built over 20yrs ago. I have Discus, a few odd ball fish: Reticulated River Loach, long fin pleco, darter tetras & clean up crew - cats, clown

The darters I have look like this:

-
One brown the other is a greenish hue.

--------------------

www.fordstrokers.com

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

quote:
Are they hard to take care of?? I have been wanting to put some in the new tank I want to build but I heard there really difficult to take care of! But there beautiful bro that's sick!

They aren't that bad, it's really about water quality. Frequent changes, having the right community and they do pretty well. They are very skittish, and stress very easy compared to other tropicals.

--------------------

www.fordstrokers.com

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Lmao sounds like you went crazy with aggressive fish!! I can't keep my mollies from dropping fry though!! They breed like crazy so I constantly donate them to a local fish store. I don't have fish aggressive enough to eat them! I seem oscars get huge that's why I never invested in one but hey are definitely beautiful fish. I try to stay away from the aggressiveness because I love my tetras lol. I also stayed away from cichlids because they rip up plants and I love the natural look and how beneficial it is for the tanks or else they are my h more beautiful then the regular fish.

quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:

lol ya I went crazy with cichlids there just easy to maintain, plus I like feeding time with live bait lol. I have a red jewel and baby jaguar cichlid right now [Cool] in my turtle tank along with a red/orange barb
Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

quote:
quote:

quote:

The darters I have look like this:

-
One brown the other is a greenish hue.

Damn those are sick I would love to find some of those. I saw the pinkish/redish ones online also! And the long finned pleco you have is pretty nice too!! Do you have special breeders you get them from?? And for the discus if they get scared fast it's probably not the fish for my living room lol it get loud down there! But how big is your tank?

--------------------
02 GT Vert

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

quote:
Damn those are sick I would love to find some of those. I saw the pinkish/redish ones online also! And the long finned pleco you have is pretty nice too!! Do you have special breeders you get them from?? And for the discus if they get scared fast it's probably not the fish for my living room lol it get loud down there! But how big is your tank?
I have a 55G FB Hex. For the discus, you should keep them in an area that doesn't have a bunch of traffic.

I get my fish from Superway in hayweird. The Discus I purchase direct from an importer in fremont. Beware they're not cheap, the 2 Henkel X's in my pic were $350 for the pair (breeding pair).

I do want to upgrade to a 100g but all the ones I find look like crap.

-R

--------------------

www.fordstrokers.com

Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

quote:
quote:
I have a 55G FB Hex. For the discus, you should keep them in an area that doesn't have a bunch of traffic.

I get my fish from Superway in hayweird. The Discus I purchase direct from an importer in fremont. Beware they're not cheap, the 2 Henkel X's in my pic were $350 for the pair (breeding pair).

I do want to upgrade to a 100g but all the ones I find look like crap.

-R

Yeah I think discus is out of my league then lol unless I get a bigger tank in my room. I have been looking for a 75 gallon and up for the living room but the ones I've been finding are also beat to crap or there asking for too much. But damn 350$ for a breeding pair is pretty steep but at the same time them breeding will bring in a profit in the long run if it hasn't already! But I will look into superway thank you bro

--------------------
02 GT Vert

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have one 50 gallon tank. Really like the aggressive fish lol. Kinda fun when it's time to feed them. Have 1 green terror most aggressive fish IMO. 2 oscar fish one of them an albino(white in color). And 2 large Plecos bottom feeders to eat all the algae.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:
I have one 50 gallon tank. Really like the aggressive fish lol. Kinda fun when it's time to feed them. Have 1 green terror most aggressive fish IMO. 2 oscar fish one of them an albino(white in color). And 2 large Plecos bottom feeders to eat all the algae.

get a female jaguar cichlid lol it'll tear apart your green terror

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com