Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Few Q's for u fastback owners. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Few Q's for u fastback owners.
Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimpys 5.0  Ford pictures for Stimpys 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinking about picking up a 67 fastback. The car is barely a roller. Missing the front end suspension. The car has always been stored in a shipping container away from the elements. The car does come with 80% of the factory parts they just need to be cleaned up and put back together. The car comes up as a C-code v8 car. So I guess my question would be, is the car worth picking up. The price is pretty fair. But needs a full resto. What do rollers go for now a days. If any1 can chime in and throw there thoughts I'd appreciate it.

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1968 mustang 289 - 4 speed
1989 white lx (totalled)

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buying a Fastback is always worth it.
In 2007 i paid 6k for my 68 Fastback all it was missing was the motor and was primered with a broken windshield.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're coming harder to come by. Without seeing pics I can't put a price on it. Good luck to ya if you pick it up. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimpys 5.0  Ford pictures for Stimpys 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know there worth it. I just want to be sure I'm making a good decision. I know it's not quick retostorAtion or cheap by any means. I'm just trying to plan about how much it would take to get this up and rolling. First thing would b sandblasting it then putting it back together. If u (wildfire) paid 6k and yourd was just missing motor. Then that's a good price. I'm hoping to pay a lil less than $6k for it. But only thing the car has is the 9' rear. And nothing else. The front end is sitting on the radiator support. The rest of parts are all in boxes or totes.

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1989 white lx (totalled)

Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

For those that have the fastbacks. Would u say $10k is enought to get it running and on the road. Without paint of course. Would any current owners like to mention a price of what you guys are into it.

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1989 white lx (totalled)

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stimpys 5.0:
For those that have the fastbacks. Would u say $10k is enought to get it running and on the road. Without paint of course. Would any current owners like to mention a price of what you guys are into it.

I doubt you would have it on the road for 10 grand. Maybe if you had a motor&tranny...... Just happened to know how to do all the metal work, hell just a full floorpan is over 500 bucks, if you went all stock rebuilt suspension you could save a couple buck there..... I don't want to discourage you, but these cars aren't cheap. But they have done a good job at holding their value.
I'd suggest looking at prices of parts to see if you feel comfortable getting into that big of a project. I've been working on mine forever LOL. But I've kinda let mine sit on the back burner for a LONG time.

--------------------

Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

Well ill see what deal I can get on it tom. If I grab it ill just post up some pics. And share the details. Thanks guys. Keep the comments coming.

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1989 white lx (totalled)

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about you let me know where and how much [Smile] i have everything on my coupe that will bolt right up!! But personally the cars can be pretty cheap to build, if you are doing everything your self and most of the expensive parts are there. Rust would be your biggest problem! if there isn't any rust... u can pretty much find everything as a reproduction if you wanted to.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

The biggest reason I'm buying it is because there's hardly any rust. The floor boards look perfect. It's the roof that has me concerned. But it look like minimal surface rust. No cracks or major dents. Shit maybe ill just buy it n put it up for sale here. But this would be a nice lil project. Future father/son project. Dustin if ur serious. Shoot me your number. Ill show a few pics of it

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1989 white lx (totalled)

1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought my 65 fastback for 7 grand with no motor or trans. But everything on the car was there and in good shape with really no rust at all. I have a nice motor and trans ready to go and still might be over 10 grand gettin it to the running stage. It just depends on what you're try to accomplish with the car. It also might be for sell if anyone is interest for a fair price $$$$!
Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
90GTSleeepr
¯
Member # 9609

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GTSleeepr  Ford pictures for 90GTSleeepr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your needing some advice on estimation and advice on the car I would go with you I have done seen and finished from.rusted to super clean builders fastback - it's all in how complete And how much to finish

--------------------
Jon Plummer 916-410-6269 aka 90GTSleeepr aka arrowdetail@hotmail.com aka Nicetwiceautoresto@gmail.com Wanted for business scams

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely a good deal on the price. I paid $5600 for my '65 a few years ago. It was closer to a shell (with glass and interior) than a roller. You could easily have it drivable for $10k... but that's doing the basics and not much cosmetically. It's not hard to spend $10k with a shop doing extensive bodywork and paint.

[ 2014-01-15, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bet you could have it running for 10k, 6k into a motor and then the rest into the trans and some minor stuff. It wouldn't look good though but driveable possibly.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

Well I had to do it. So here she is.

-

-

-

[ 2014-01-15, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Stimpys 5.0 ]

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1989 white lx (totalled)

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You won't regret . I'll have some funds freed up in a few months [Wink] . If u change ur mind

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

90GTSleeepr
¯
Member # 9609

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GTSleeepr  Ford pictures for 90GTSleeepr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Niceeeeeee I'm happy 4 u bro
PM parts u need or looking for I have buddies with loads lol

--------------------
Jon Plummer 916-410-6269 aka 90GTSleeepr aka arrowdetail@hotmail.com aka Nicetwiceautoresto@gmail.com Wanted for business scams

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the purchase!

I think there is a red supercharged 68 coupe on here that would make an awesome donor car for you. Dude has too many cars anyway so you could probably pick it up cheap. Haha [Razz]

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Congrats on the purchase!

I think there is a red supercharged 68 coupe on here that would make an awesome donor car for you. Dude has too many cars anyway so you could probably pick it up cheap. Haha [Razz]

man, I gotta hurry up on this falcon and make some space and free up some $$ lol..

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I'd grab your shop vac and clean every bit of those leaves out of there ASAP & get some anti rust barrier over all those spots. Congrats on the project and I'll see if I got any extra little pieces of interior parts laying around for you. Luckily for you they sell every piece now as a reproduction part. I paid over 200 bucks for the chrome door weatherstripping pieces because I lost mine when I took my car apart...... But it looks like your down to a shell for the most part starting out.

When the time comes for suspension mods & subframe connectors, I'm sure us old school guys can point you in the right direction with your budget in mind. [patriot]

--------------------

Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

Thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked. I'm talking to a guy that does blasting. I'm hoping to get it dropped off by Friday. Anyone else have any good shops to have this thing stripped down. The fun parts comes this weekend. I have to go through a 25 foot shipping container And grab all the parts for it. Ill come back here next week with my wanted list. Lol

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1989 white lx (totalled)

90GTSleeepr
¯
Member # 9609

I mentioned if Yur going to blast it will need etch primered or etch powder coated asap- To Protect

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on purchase hope you see this project all the way through, you could always use that coupe you have as a doner car to help complete project

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, I gotta get My coupe sold. I'm dying to get into a fastback.
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Congrats on purchase hope you see this project all the way through, you could always use that coupe you have as a doner car to help complete project

I'M WAITING TO SEE PROGRESS ON SOME FASTBACK NOW....LOL

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice find brotha! Congrats!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com