Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » best way to sell car quick

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: best way to sell car quick
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I been trying to sell my 97 gt for past 7 months. I need the funds and no luck. im selling as is since it has staright exhaust with no cats. I called pick n pull but they offer me 400 I would like no less then 1300. I don't want to give it away free. would it be worth it to part out

heres the link to the add

http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=115844

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The problem is that you have a low-hp modular car, with very high mileage. a few small things could make this car much more appealing. Get rid of the stripes, get a correct set of wheels and try to get the deck lid painted. The off road exhaust is probably your biggest issue overall. Nobody want to buy someones problem. The bottom line is that its going to take some money and time to make the car more appealing.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trade it

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2013-12-05, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Boss 327 ]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if pnp will give you 400 i'll give you 500

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$600 Cash. PM me

--------------------
To be or not to be

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got $650
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best way to sell quick a sn95 modular car that is also a vert .. Realize you have a undesirable mustang at the price your asking and sell low very low

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$660 serious buyer. PM me

--------------------
To be or not to be

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the Sn95 market that bad right now where you cant even sell a Gt for $1200? Damn. I bet if you got a catted pipe on there and smogged it, You could get atleast $2k for it.

Get a set of decent rims for it that actually fit the car, Paint the deck lid, Clean up the car a bit. Right now the pics make it look like a bucket. Go wash it, Wax it.. Clean out the interior, Clean up the engine bay and go take some proper high res pictures in a parking lot somewhere and i bet youll get alot more attention on it.

[ 2013-12-06, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 with Robb, I've sold many sn95's and the best way to get some money out of them is to make em look presentable. Like your car, I've would of put some other gt or cobra wheels, paint the rear spot with perfect match paint at least (can't look any worse). Lastly clean the hell out of the interior (vacuum, get a black carpet and a good looking shifter knob at least.

All that and get it smogged, you could get at least 2500-3000 for it.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you guys think I can make some money to part it out?
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car looks pieced together. Get rid of the stripes, paint that red bar under the hood black, get stock wheels and tires. Put the cats on to smog. Then take pics in another spot. Cars are very appealing if they can just register and their name and go. Right now as it sits, the customer would have to do a lot. Make it look stock.

[ 2013-12-06, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: 14GT916 ]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With that many miles the motor is probably worth 200-300 maybe, tranny 250, and the rest is like 300-400 on body or interior parts, rims and tires 200, rear end 150, and what ever aftermarket parts you got on it.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I offered him 800 not worth to much more in the condition it's in to me I'll spend 4-500 getting it presentable to sell for 1800

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryn621:
I been trying to sell my 97 gt for past 7 months. I need the funds and no luck. im selling as is since it has staright exhaust with no cats. I called pick n pull but they offer me 400 I would like no less then 1300. I don't want to give it away free. would it be worth it to part out

heres the link to the add

http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=115844

I'll have to agree with what most have said. High miles, wrong offset wheels, not so attractive stripes, mismatched strut tower brace color, non op, can't smog unless you have a factory pipe sitting around? I have all the extra smog equipment for another fox body & wouldn't pay that much for a same condition fox vert needing all that. That said, that year sn IMO is much less desirable.

Most I'd pay would be around $800 & that would only be if everything else is in tact and works. A/C, heat, Radio, all lighting, anything power, roof etc

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
63hardtop
¯
Member # 13278

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 63hardtop  Ford pictures for 63hardtop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 with everyone else on sale prep. I'd say 80% of sales are based on eye appeal. Sounds like you're low on funds so getting it looking spiffy with other parts may not be an option. Wash/wax is no money out of pocket (most guys have wax on hand, if not, it's super cheap). Drive it to a grassy field just before sunset and get some good pics. If you have to, borrow a lite cash to get smogged. The net value for sale will more than cover what you're out getting it up to snuff. Good luck with sale. Value is there, just uncover it
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to retract that bid to 400 dollars now that we are getting closer to Xmas. Can't have that much dead money tied up when I gotta buy kids play stations and xbox 1s
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Do you guys think its worth just to keep it and fix it up. One day I would love a track car. Road racing but how would a vert do
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryn621:
Do you guys think its worth just to keep it and fix it up. One day I would love a track car. Road racing but how would a vert do

that be sick

-

[ 2013-12-07, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: dean-93 ]

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol I bought my 96 gt for $700.
50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Write this on the For Sale sign:
$1! $1! $1! $1!

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
Trade it

Any updates?

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com