Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it just me or (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is it just me or
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has people lost their dam minds how much people are trying to sell stock ass fox body's for these days...A few years ago you could get a Simi built fox painted and looking nice for $6,500 now people want that for bone stocks that need paint...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, it's the reason I'm not driving one now. I remember when you can get a clean one all stock for around 2500-3000 but I guess people believe these cars are classics now. Can't even find one that passes smog...

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember when u could get a clean title bucket auto for around 1500, it would be a bucket, something to start on and would run but now people want that for rollers, its crazy.
90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U guys are right.....i got one for a good price.....im loosing out but in this game i know ill never get all the money back iv put into the car....

http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=109621;p=1

Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're just looking in the wrong places....
Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im putting my gt up forsale too.
i agree with you yea buckets are high priced...

SO FOR EXAMPLE. "no i am not selling my car for $2000"

i want to sell my gt for $2000.
i look on craigslist and i see cars way crapier than mine with less modification, no suspension work, bad paint, etc etc and they want 3000 for theirs.
Do i leave my price at $2000 OR jack it up to 3500...

It is what it is bro. Its where the market is at moment and with tax season around the corner. They will not get cheaper.

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ no he's not there overpriced everywhere plain and simple,who really wants a clean factory non modded stone stock fox for 7k+ [Confused] I sure in the hell wouldn't! Cause even stone stock and in good shape it's still STOCK ie boring as hell and ya still gotta dump money into just to get it where you like it and it's clean,so by then your into one for almost 9-10k..sorry 90% of foxes for sale are ragged out,re-painted,salvaged,non ca legal,super stock and super expensive or modded and even more expensive now a days,and will only get worse! Shit you can find ls1 ss camaro and 96-98 99/01 cobras for foxbody cash and have a 10x better car to start with! Not to mention you don't gotta own a small army or fort to keep them protected..I've said this over and over its a sad era for those who are into foxes cause you can't get into a nice one for cheap and even if you do it's gutless and boring or needs paint or needs smog or,or,or,or,the list goes on....

Check it out I sold this original paint 92 Bemini Blue Notch,clean title,full bolt-on,cage,TREMEC,saleen seats,5 lug,99 cobra wheels polished,lots of suspension goodies and only 75k on the chassis for 6k in 05!!! And it was smogged lol! Try just try and find one like that now a days under 10k an if you do it better pass smog for that kinda bread!

-

FYI,sold this car to get into a built 89 gt for 7k and that car had a healthy aluminum headed h/c/I 306 with a brand new at the time tko600,brand new paint that was jammed the entire car and a list of goodies that when on an on..then it got stolen and I decided I'm done with foxes..I started to see the decline before it happened,I went modular and never looked back [Wink]
Point of the long ass post is there just not worth it unless you already got one or find that rare unmolested ready for mods one for like 3500-4k and even then those cars have there issues,sad shit cause I would love another notch but can't justify basically trading my cobra across for a fox that doesn't even begin to compare..but because the owner and mustang community think there worth 3x what it actually is your screwed if you want a fox..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was also a time when I said that I will never put $10k plus into a foxbody and I passed that up a long time ago. These cars are getting harder to find. Do I agree that the buckets that I see are worth what people are asking??? He'll no but I do like that the market is doing well for them as they are a dying breed

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There only doing good cause everyone sees the ridiculous prices others have them for so automatically assume there fox is worth gold as well,a good market is when things are priced accordingly and fair..what's NOT fair is spending 4500 on a car that needs paint,interior work and smog that's just ignorance at it's finest...these cars simply are not worth what there being valued at because there owners THINK so..new play station 4's are everywhere coming out fresh,does that make a play station 1 worth 3x it's value because it's a dying bread [Confused]

These are 80s and 90s foxbody mustangs NOT fastback mustangs or 69 camaro's......

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It makes me laugh to be honest. What makes people think their bolt on fox bodies are worth as much as a SN95 4v Cobra? Which is a MUCH more superior car than any fox body can ever hope to be. Fox bodies had 15 years of production. They are NOT rare, They are NOT hard to find. They are one of the most over saturated cars ever made because they produced them for so long. Only fox bodies that should bring a premium are Saleen and 93 Cobra or documented low mile mint examples.

People seem to forget that the only reason why fox bodies are popular is because they are good cheap cars for guys who dont want to break the bank for a fun rwd V8 with a cheap aftermarket catalog.

I paid $2200 for a smogged and registered 5 speed GT 3 years ago. I picked that one over a 1990 notchback 5.0 for $2800. Thats how much an average fox should bring. Thats what makes them appealing.

[ 2013-12-05, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^15 year production?? Lol not quite. And what we are talking about is the 86-93 models. You can still buy any 79-85 for pennies.. They do not hold any kind of value like the newer ones, unless it's a T-top. It's all about supply and demand. What is popular!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
^^^15 year production?? Lol not quite. And what we are talking about is the 86-93 models. You can still buy any 79-85 for pennies.. They do not hold any kind of value like the newer ones, unless it's a T-top. It's all about supply and demand. What is popular!

Its all the same car. You can break down the years and everything to make the car come across as "rare" but it wont work. These cars were produced for 15 years so saying an average joe fox body is "rare and hard to find" is a laughable statement to make.
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's the same thing across the board try buying an 03/04 Cobra, look man I love them more then any other guy but people trying to get new car price for them is nuts.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a bunch of whiners in here to me!
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
It's the same thing across the board try buying an 03/04 Cobra, look man I love them more then any other guy but people trying to get new car price for them is nuts.

Thats another one. Lol@ people trying to get $20-22k for an 80-100k mile Cobra when you can buy an 2011+ GT for $22-25k, which is a much superior built car in every way.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People can ask whatever they want for their damn cars. They aren't obligated to give you something cheap just because YOU don't feel it's worth that much. Now I'm not saying stock foxes are worth a lot or anything I'm just saying the owner can ask what he/she wants if you don't like the price then look somewhere else or buy a different car.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
People can ask whatever they want for their damn cars. They aren't obligated to give you something cheap just because YOU don't feel it's worth that much. Now I'm not saying stock foxes are worth a lot or anything I'm just saying the owner can ask what he/she wants if you don't like the price then look somewhere else or buy a different car.

Ya and half these idiots wouldn't know a rock if it hit them upside the head [Roll Eyes] irrelevant to the topic considering a lot of people selling cars have no idea wtf it's really worth let alone knowledge of a certain make/model of a vehicle..

[ 2013-12-05, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:

THIS!!! If I were to sell my 86 t-top as is I want 3grand for it and after I finish it with all the correct interior and exterior it'll be way more than that. I just saw a 82 t-top the other day with really nice interior for 400. That's a DEAL considering someone will spend more than that to piece together the nice interior

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:

exactly! 90% of the foxbodies on cafords are clapped out hunks of junk to begin with.most fools on here think their e303 cammed and trick flow headed stock block 302's with a shitty paint job and cobra R rims are hot shit lol! Your not gonna find too many decent cars much less foxbodies for 3k or under. Any halfway decent one will be around 5-6k

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People will ask for watever anyone out there, is willing to pay. That's why I Drive a Festiva! Yeah Baby!!! It's a Ford!!!
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:

exactly! 90% of the foxbodies on cafords are clapped out hunks of junk to begin with.most fools on here think their e303 cammed and trick flow headed stock block 302's with a shitty paint job and cobra R rims are hot shit lol! Your not gonna find too many decent cars much less foxbodies for 3k or under. Any halfway decent one will be around 5-6k
but it swang doe.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys are just hattin [Razz]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy my fox body 15k

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mines worth 1 million dollars

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Over priced up the ass in my opinion http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/4232558401.html

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com