Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bullet button for an ar15 question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bullet button for an ar15 question
CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS24WILSON  Ford pictures for CRS24WILSON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in the process of building an ar15 and was wondering if the bullet button is required? It is an 80% lower, so it has no marking of date manufactured.
Posts: 245 | From: SAN JOSE, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes you can not have a detachable mag. suggest you look up a gun forum and do some research.

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesn't matter that it's a 80%. All Ar's need bullet buttons. [Frown]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:

Unless you go featureless with a Monsterman Grip, U15 or some other sort of hideous non-pistol grip thing.

I've done featureless and it kind of sucks. Bullet button is the way to go.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS24WILSON  Ford pictures for CRS24WILSON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Boo, I guess bullet button it is. Only reason why I ask is because I thought that I read something about certain dated rifles were allowed to have it? It was probably about something else though, as I can not find the article.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Rimfire is excluded!

As mentioned, go do your research. Be well versed in stupid CA gun laws to protect yourself.

89LXNotch
¯
Member # 4879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89LXNotch  Ford pictures for 89LXNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Featureless is the only way to go and it can be done easily. The only real way to go without a BB is to be able to register it as an AW but that ship sailed almost 14 years ago. If you need help figuring out how to modify a stock to lock lmk. There is no need to make it permanent according to the PC, I have done 3 different AR's as featureless but I switched back to the AK platform.

The nice thing about an 80% lower is being able to make it into an AR Pistol [Smile] Have fun milling it out and building it up, I've done several 80% lowers into Pistols and even sold one of them too.

--------------------
87 GT Vert (First Car) Sold
89 LX Coupe(4 Banger - 5.0) Sold

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:

Unless you go featureless with a Monsterman Grip, U15 or some other sort of hideous non-pistol grip thing.

I have seen some of those stocks. And man are they ugly.. Since people are throwing in things like stocks & rim fires to the mix. You could just make you mag not eject at all and you wouldn't need a button either. Or you can spend 10bux on a magnet release button. It goes in the bullet button hole and sticks out enough to push it. Makes the gun act like the button isn't even there. Then when you are done at the range, take it off. [patriot]

[ 2013-10-20, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:

I have seen some of those stocks. And man are they ugly.. Since people are throwing in things like stocks & rim fires to the mix. You could just make you mag not eject at all and you wouldn't need a button either. Or you can spend 10bux on a magnet release button. It goes in the bullet button hole and sticks out enough to push it. Makes the gun act like the button isn't even there. Then when you are done at the range, take it off. [patriot]
That's pretty cool, haven't seen one of those before and are small enough to keep in the grip.
TwelveFifty
¯
Member # 13182

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwelveFifty  Ford pictures for TwelveFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CRS24WILSON:
Boo, I guess bullet button it is. Only reason why I ask is because I thought that I read something about certain dated rifles were allowed to have it? It was probably about something else though, as I can not find the article.

yes, certain dated rifles do not need a bullet button...but those rifles are pre ban rifles....good luck finding those for cheap though.

--------------------
This is my sig...

Posts: 78 | From: This place hurr... | Registered: Sep 2013  |  :
89LXNotch
¯
Member # 4879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89LXNotch  Ford pictures for 89LXNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TwelveFifty:
quote:

yes, certain dated rifles do not need a bullet button...but those rifles are pre ban rifles....good luck finding those for cheap though.
Wrong!!! That is only true for a few states outside of CA, anything after Jan 1, 2000 that was not registered as an assault weapon will need a BB or Featureless. Plus most of the pre-ban rifles from the ban in 1994 are named in CA and would not be able to be used as a BB or Featureless rifle anyways.

--------------------
87 GT Vert (First Car) Sold
89 LX Coupe(4 Banger - 5.0) Sold

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ Perfect example of how dumb some of these Gun Laws are. There's no logical reason WHY we should have to use a bullet button in the first place. It's not like someone who's planing on committing a crime is going to use one anyways.

There's too many laws on the books infringing on our right to bear arms as it is. As far as I'm concerned, every single law restricting a lawful citizen of owning a rifle/pistol goes against the original intent written into the constitution.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Boo, I guess bullet button it is. Only reason why I ask is because I thought that I read something about certain dated rifles were allowed to have it?

yeah All AR's before the 94 ban that were registered in your name as an AW are exempt.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
80s are legal to own by someone who can legally posses a firearm. And that goes for the configuration as . It must abide by ca law. It's not an exception. Check out gun forums.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thread is quite upsetting without pictures. JSYK
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These laws are hilarious. A friend of mine owns something like this:
 -

When he told me, "California classifies this as a pistol." I couldn't help but laugh a little.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ Yup.
This is considered a short barreled shot gun in Ca.
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=41

Proof that anti gun people know very little about the laws they write & promote.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com