Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 32v MODULARs take top 3 spots at PHR Engine Challenge! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 32v MODULARs take top 3 spots at PHR Engine Challenge!
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thought I'd share...32v nation [worship]

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/1309_2013_amsoil_engine_masters_challenge_final_results/

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$30k motors ftw!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
$30k motors ftw!

LoL I love the engine masters series and it's badass that Ford did so well this year but it all depends on the rules or regulations they use. Seems they're usually stacked against big blocks to make it competitive.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
$30k motors ftw!

so none of those other motors had big money in them?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

yellowS281
¯
Member # 11570

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowS281  Ford pictures for yellowS281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
401cu was the min requirement for any type, regardless of pushrod or modular, and I believe the engine that took first was a 401 mod by JM on the dot.

also leaving the last years bb champ in 4th place.

[ 2013-10-14, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: yellowS281 ]

Posts: 677 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that guy just flat out knows how to build motors. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

yellowS281
¯
Member # 11570

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowS281  Ford pictures for yellowS281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Yeah that guy just flat out knows how to build motors. [patriot]

This is the first year they have allowed mod motors in the competition period.

Way to make an entrance!!

Posts: 677 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
$30k motors ftw!

so none of those other motors had big money in them?
Not if it was a LS based touched by the hand of god race engine out of a Vette.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yellowS281:
401cu was the min requirement for any type, regardless of pushrod or modular, and I believe the engine that took first was a 401 mod by JM on the dot.

also leaving the last years bb champ in 4th place.

What was the Max though?
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It'd be cool if there was some sort of price tag on each motor, like how much money it took to get the results on each motor... point proved. Lol

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol well Jon kasse walked away winning $66,500 for his $30k engine! So ya looks like he is "Winning"

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
It'd be cool if there was some sort of price tag on each motor, like how much money it took to get the results on each motor... point proved. Lol

The only thing you proved is you're butt hurt that a shit box GM based engine didn't take the win.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Why would I be butt hurt? It made more power.. ok? It won.. ok? I'm saying ide like to know what it took to get them there. Ide also like to know what the the 5th place LS motor did and for how much less thousands of dollars. That's my point. Chill out greaseball...

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're that interested, you could just figure ou what parts they used and add them up. But these experienced engine builders all have their " secrets " on how they put their comp motors together.

I'm willing to bet that most of these motors parts wise from the major players are pretty close in total cost in parts. All the money is in the prep work. These guys do tons of R&D before they bring parts to these things.

I think if you looked at what a LSX motor cost with everything done to it, you would be surprised how much they really cost.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
Why would I be butt hurt? It made more power.. ok? It won.. ok? I'm saying ide like to know what it took to get them there. Ide also like to know what the the 5th place LS motor did and for how much less thousands of dollars. That's my point. Chill out greaseball...

It probably didn't cost much less than the modular build. The whole Chevy is cheaper to build than a Ford is a myth. I'm not Italian by the way.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mod Motors < LSX

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
Mod Motors > LSX

FTFY

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
Mod Motors > LSX

FTFY
Lol that's what he meant to do. His Roush kills lsx first time I ever met him his car was straight putting in work!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
Mod Motors > LSX

FTFY
Lol that's what he meant to do. His Roush kills lsx first time I ever met him his car was straight putting in work!
LoL, oops Mod Motors > LSX [Big Grin]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
32v midget mod motor ftw.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2013-10-15, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Duncan Motors ]

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

1st price was $66K...I doubt the Chevy builder was...oh let's build this as cheap as possible....good excuse though...keep trying

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Well If they did spend less money over the the other engine builders it didnt pan out for them anyways sitting in 5th place! Lol

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
quote:

Well If they did spend less money over the the other engine builders it didnt pan out for them anyways sitting in 5th place! Lol
And I highly doubt they would go into the competition knowingly leaving power on the table because they wana be cheap, that's just stupid, lol

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Mod motor>sbf

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com