Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » alternate route from SJ to Concord? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: alternate route from SJ to Concord?
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everyone I will start working in San Jose Next week and am wanting to know if there is an alternate route coming back?

I start work at 8, will leave home at 5-5:30am to avoid traffic. However I get off at 5 6 oclock and am aware traffic is horrid at this time without carpool? Any routes out there other than 680 that will save me time n frustration?

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is no such thing as "avoiding traffic" when heading to the South Bay. Depending on where in SJ your job is, you might want to look into taking the Capitol Corridor train. I take the ACE train to Sunnyvale from Tracy and it's about the only way I can commute to SJ and not go broke or insane.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are deep and crossing from 880 up to 680 get off at fremont blvd the exit after mission which is the main one to get to 680 from 880. Hook a right on fremont auto parkway left on the street before 680 I think its durham or something like that ride that up to mission make a right then get on 680 when u run into it. If your coming from san jo all the way on 680 just get off at mission hook a right go thru town and get back on when u run into it again. But 680 is the worst thru there

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's fuckin nuts to subject yourself to mega miles of car commuting. Get ready to experience stress, anger, higher blood pressure and weight gain. This commute will take years off your life. You are fucked unless you can find a shuttle to hop on.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
I take the ACE train to Sunnyvale from Tracy and it's about the only way I can commute to SJ and not go broke or insane.

You mega mile commuters are fuckin nuts. At least you take the train to work.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a ford fusion energi and be done with it haha. Carpool lane sticker and great gas mileage, [patriot] .

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not all people get stressed and angry and traffic. Especially if you use you're brain and leave your house early to go to work. The drive home after work is always relaxing especially with the right music

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by FiveOhChuck:
Not all people get stressed and angry and traffic. Especially if you use you're brain and leave your house early to go to work. The drive home after work is always relaxing especially with the right music

People who dont stress out about traffic are proboly commuting on the moon. Furthermore, the Evening commute is never relaxing for many reasons; higher traffic volume than in the morning, slower average speed and this is a big one;

People consider the "drive home from work" their time, not work time so when evening commuters are stuck in traffic, they get pissed because their free time is being wasted as they are sitting in traffic after work instead of fucking the wife or walking the dog.

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
learn to ride and get a motorcycle...enjoyable commute to and fro
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
It's fuckin nuts to subject yourself to mega miles of car commuting. Get ready to experience stress, anger, higher blood pressure and weight gain. This commute will take years off your life. You are fucked unless you can find a shuttle to hop on.

[Roll Eyes]
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rdiaz89:
Hey everyone I will start working in San Jose Next week and am wanting to know if there is an alternate route coming back?

I start work at 8, will leave home at 5-5:30am to avoid traffic. However I get off at 5 6 oclock and am aware traffic is horrid at this time without carpool? Any routes out there other than 680 that will save me time n frustration?

I used to live in Livermore and worked in San Jose, did the same thing you did by leaving early but I found no other way around the traffic in the evening. If it was bad in Fremont, I would take Calavares all the way around to 84 to shave some time. That was pretty much my only option.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
If your coming from san jo all the way on 680 just get off at mission hook a right go thru town and get back on when u run into it again. But 680 is the worst thru there

This used to be a good option but most people caught on.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveOhChuck:

People who dont stress out about traffic are proboly commuting on the moon. Furthermore, the Evening commute is never relaxing for many reasons; higher traffic volume than in the morning, slower average speed and this is a big one;

People consider the "drive home from work" their time, not work time so when evening commuters are stuck in traffic, they get pissed because their free time is being wasted as they are sitting in traffic after work instead of fucking the wife or walking the dog.

I love my gas guzzling american V8 with it's obnoxiously loud exhaust also known as my FORD MUSTANG. I have fun driving it home blasting my favorite tunes and smoking my herb in my personal vaporizer keeps me calm and stress free on the drive home. Even if I encounter some sort of traffic altercation, I have a healthy outlet which is going to the range and shooting my gun to release my stress.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im one of people that stress on traffic, but yea there is no way to avoid. Your best bet Iis just to find yourself some tood music and have an automatic driving home

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
Im one of people that stress on traffic, but yea there is no way to avoid.

Sure there is. You can avoid being stuck in shitty traffic everyday if your Bicycle commute like I do and you don't live in a shit hole city like Stockton were the jobs are far away and the car is virtually the only option for commuting since public transportation sucks or is non existent.

To summarize, you can avoid traffic if you do as I do by saying fuck you to following:

Car commuting instead of bicycle commuting.
living in bumfucked Egypt
living in strip mall Cul De sack cities
living hella fuckin far from work.
living in a city with no public rail transit.

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Im one of people that stress on traffic, but yea there is no way to avoid.

Sure there is. You can avoid being stuck in shitty traffic everyday if your Bicycle commute like I do and you don't live in a shit hole city like Stockton were the jobs are far away and the car is virtually the only option for commuting since public transportation sucks or is non existent.

To summarize, you can avoid traffic if you do as I do by saying fuck you to following:

Car commuting instead of bicycle commuting.
living in bumfucked Egypt
living in strip mall Cul De sack cities
living hella fuckin far from work.
living in a city with no public rail transit.

My commute is only 20 minutes at most to work. And im planning to move closer to my work soon

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Im one of people that stress on traffic, but yea there is no way to avoid. Your best bet Iis just to find yourself some tood music and have an automatic driving home

+1 with good ass AC or heater FTW. Xm radio

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you ride a bike to work, you'll look like this.

-

[ 2013-10-11, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: BUKSING ]

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Woodside is among the wealthiest communities in the United States. The median household income in the town is $171,126, and the median family income is $196,505.
quote:
"Today, Woodside is among the wealthiest small towns in the United States.[3] Vacant lots, were any to be found, would sell for over a million dollars. Several well-known people live here, including Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle Corporation, who spent nine years building an architecturally authentic, $200+ million Japanese feudal castle and man-made lake in Woodside;[6] Gordon E. Moore, co-founder of Intel and originator of Moore's Law; John Thompson, CEO of Symantec;....."
I really dislike cyclists who clog up my morning or afternoon fun drives on Redwood Rd or the backroads in Napa as much as you guys do, but you guys are just feeding this dudes trolling each time. He could clearly give a shit what you think about him in his cycling garb. For those of you intuitive enough to paint a picture of the kind of folk that reside in Woodside from the above excerpts...stop wasting your time replying to his shit LOL. He just amuses himself even further when you feed into it. Heck, if I was in his tax bracket I'd come throw water balloons filled with paint at you guys too just to see how you rant about it.

To the OP's original point, you probably won't find a shorter commute. 93coupessp had a valid route but no matter what route you try a thousand people have the same "alternate" idea and you're just as screwed. I didn't mind commuting in my "fun" vehicles but once I went to a POS commuter I hated life, as our cyclist friend pointed out. Now I'm back in a fun toy for the daily and I just bump the tunes and cruise [Wink]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ This. That's why I love commuting in my V. I refuse downgrading to a POS DD. Lucky for me, I have the same commute as the OP but opposite direction on 680. I never hit traffic.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

DO U EVEN LIFT BRO? [Mad]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I take the ACE train to Sunnyvale from Tracy and it's about the only way I can commute to SJ and not go broke or insane.

I have a white collar job so I can be flexible in my work schedule. I work on the train and so that's an extra hour or so I don't have to be at work. I can work from home when I want. I don't normally though because living in the valley allows me to live in a house twice as big and half the cost as the Bay, so my wife can stay at home and take care of my son (their jovial laughter makes it hard to concentrate on work). We did the living in the Bay with two jobs just to pay a mortgage and it wasn't fun. I'm more than willing to sacrifice my time for a better job that allows my family to live in a safe place with good schools. That's what being a man is all about.

[ 2013-10-12, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have a white collar job so I can be flexible in my work schedule. I work on the train and so that's an extra hour or so I don't have to be at work. I can work from home when I want. I don't normally though because living in the valley allows me to live in a house twice as big and half the cost as the Bay, so my wife can stay at home and take care of my son (their jovial laughter makes it hard to concentrate on work). We did the living in the Bay with two jobs just to pay a mortgage and it wasn't fun. I'm more than willing to sacrifice my time for a better job that allows my family to live in a safe place with good schools. That's what being a man is all about.
Good seeing you yesterday morning even though you probably didn't realize it was me. Lol! Cool to know I have a coworker on CaFords.
Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love commuting to and from work, Then again, I dont live in a busy, stop and go environment. It would be extremely hard to work 2-3 mins from my house. I dont like being trapped in a bubble. I like to travel out and away from my usual day life at home.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
10 min commute, FTW, hour plus commutes, I feel sorry for you poor fuckers trying to justify it.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com