Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Los Angeles finest at it again. *nsfw* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Los Angeles finest at it again. *nsfw*
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Long Beach cops beat this poor man. Some folks aka cop lovers will justify the beating while others don't. You be the judge

http://youtu.be/YxxdYUXqjLY

--------------------
To be or not to be

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy crap..not sure what this guy did but he sure looks like he cant turn on his stomach especially getting hit in the tibia like that..gotta be broke..sad to see regardless

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh thats a gang war, them against citizens, havent u seen if u dont jus suck there dick on the spot they do that? they do it to kids here! i got countless stories of that crap here, many reports jus dropped after citizens have been beaten in the hospital for days, not one time has any justice here been recorded for a cops bad actions.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That guy was still resisting after being on the ground. That video shows one side of things and who knows what the suspect did or what the police tried to do to stop him before resorting to hitting him. For all we know that guy may have been on drugs and had a syringe in his hands that he wouldn't let go. I don't think it was a random beating without cause. The beating did look excessive though. I'm sure it will be investigated.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
roll over
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They said that guy was fighting with another guy on the street and the cops were trying to arrest him. If three cops can't subdue one person on the ground than they shouldn't be cops, unless he was holding something in his hands or was on some superman drug but the guy didn't appear to be on anything.

--------------------
To be or not to be

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The audio is more powerful than the video. The officers can clearly be heard repeatidly saying, "Get on your stomach!" Even the people recording can be heard saying, "Roll over." A subject lying on his back with his head up and foot out ready to strike is far from complying and can easily be articulated as a threat to those officers.

A kick from that subject to the front of a knee cap can easily cause a career ending injury, a kick to the hand while trying to grab that extended leg can easily break a hand. A kick to the face/ head can easily cause serious injury.

Sure, its easy to Monday morning quarterback the force used. Some might suggest the officers on-scene could have piled on the black fog, but the same critics that are arguing excessive force in this scenario would be same critics arguing that the fog is excessive force. It's like asking why an officer involved in a shooting does not try and shoot a arm or leg. These officers are not aiming for their strikes at the face or torso of the subject. The officers are clearly attempting to strike the legs and arms of the subject. If in the process, the subject attempts to block or avoid a strike and is hit in the torso, head, ect, it's his own fault and it happens.

Furthermore, all that we have to go on is a small grainey video and the audio. Do you know if the subject was under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Do you know the training or experience of the subject? Do you know the subject did not have any weapons? Do you know the training or experience of the officers?

Really, it's a rather simply use of force. Had the subject complied, he could have avoided the entire use of force incident.

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do know that midway through the video he had been tazered and didnt need to be continually struck with a baton at the time!

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:
I do know that midway through the video he had been tazered and didnt need to be continually struck with a baton at the time!

I would ask first, do you know if the probes from the taser connected? Do you know if it was one probe or both probes? Do you know where the probes made contacf with the subject? That all makes a difference.

Second, in watching the video and listening to the audio, did the use of the taser overcome the resistance of the subject or did he continue to resist and even question why he needed to comply?

I would suggest that not only was the subject resisting those officers, he was actively physically fighting.

platinumplus
¯
Member # 2249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumplus  Ford pictures for platinumplus    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LESS LETHAL FORCE WORKS! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Posts: 402 | From: SanJose CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
The audio is more powerful than the video. The officers can clearly be heard repeatidly saying, "Get on your stomach!" Even the people recording can be heard saying, "Roll over." A subject lying on his back with his head up and foot out ready to strike is far from complying and can easily be articulated as a threat to those officers.

A kick from that subject to the front of a knee cap can easily cause a career ending injury, a kick to the hand while trying to grab that extended leg can easily break a hand. A kick to the face/ head can easily cause serious injury.

Sure, its easy to Monday morning quarterback the force used. Some might suggest the officers on-scene could have piled on the black fog, but the same critics that are arguing excessive force in this scenario would be same critics arguing that the fog is excessive force. It's like asking why an officer involved in a shooting does not try and shoot a arm or leg. These officers are not aiming for their strikes at the face or torso of the subject. The officers are clearly attempting to strike the legs and arms of the subject. If in the process, the subject attempts to block or avoid a strike and is hit in the torso, head, ect, it's his own fault and it happens.

Furthermore, all that we have to go on is a small grainey video and the audio. Do you know if the subject was under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Do you know the training or experience of the subject? Do you know the subject did not have any weapons? Do you know the training or experience of the officers?

Really, it's a rather simply use of force. Had the subject complied, he could have avoided the entire use of force incident.

This
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Then cops wonder why people blast them.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

Then people like yourself wonder why cops are on such high alert/. Over react over the smallest amount of non cooperative commands. [Wink]
This is the big vicious cycle of cops vs citizens. I've seen, heard & have been on both sides of this problem. My brother was sued once by a drug dealer who acused him of throwing him over a fense, causing him to become paralyzed. ( This was after he sold crack to an undercover officer.)

What really happened is he was halfway over the fense, with one leg kicked my brother in the head and fell over the fense causing the injury.

Good old John Burrass was his lawyer in court. [BS flag]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This video is one sided, stupid media only shows this but never showed when the guy threw a punch at a cop.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1 Should of roll over tho...

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe they should have tazed him from the beginning?? But I guess cops beating the hell out of someone is okay. [Confused]

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So all those trained police officers can't get him to roll over instead just beat the shit out of him is better

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meanwhile in the real world cops have been required to wear cameras and what do you know.....60% drop in citizen complaints and 40% drop in excessive force.

Cops are just criminals behind badges but like criminals you have soft and you have hard ones.

I remember my 2002 pleasant hill PD beating very well. One on one they were paranoid.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
Meanwhile in the real world cops have been required to wear cameras and what do you know.....60% drop in citizen complaints and 40% drop in excessive force.

Cops are just criminals behind badges but like criminals you have soft and you have hard ones.

I remember my 2002 pleasant hill PD beating very well. One on one they were paranoid.

I'm not sure where your numbers come from, but I have never heard of those type of figures. Truth is, when you're out enfrocing laws, not everyone is going to be happy. Espically, the ones going to jail or receiving tickets.

Many agencies do wear cameras on their person or mounted in their patrol vehicles. Although I do not wear a camera or have a camera in my vehicle, I am an advocate for them. I have nothing to hide and when a baseless complaint arrives on my supervisors desk because someone is mad I was doing my job by ticketing or arresting them there is audio / video to substantiate what I wrote in my notes or report.

You call it paranoid, I call it being safe. I'm not on patrol in the streets to get into a bar fight to see who has the bigger... I know what my limitations are and I know I'm not a superhero. Many times, the people I contact are under the influence of alcohol / drugs, have mental health issues, have more training in "MMA" and ultimately, they do not want to go to jail. It would be unfair to my family if I was careless and unsafe out there.

For examole, a lot of times both in my experience and in studies, the moment an officer goes hands on to conduct a search for weapons or ect. The fight is on. In every contact there is a gun. If an officer is alone without a cover unit and is knocked out or injured a suspect could easily take an officers taser, baton / asp or firearm.

After loosing my academy mate and friend earlier this year to a gunshot wound to the head, I am more vigilant now than ever.

I would challenge those of you who have had a bad experience with law enforcement, real or fictitious to go on a ride along with your local agencies. At the sametime, as you read threads such as this you have to discredit comments from people like Neight who representing themselves to be a northerner / gangmember.

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

This.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can google it rg and dont take it as a personal attack since your a cop.

I got my statistics that I could be mistaken on, from CBS news talk radio which is all I listen to as I commute to work.

It was Oakland or san Fran mayor wanting to enforce this due to the great results I believe from long beach lol

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

excellent post!! and i agree that the complainers should go on some ride alongs
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People are people so we all have different attitudes cop or not. Now there are the law if u want to be stupid and argue with them and not comply then get your beat then. if u comply and do everything they say and still beat u then thats just abuse.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You have said some stupid shit in the past but this one tops it. SMH
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure where your numbers come from, but I have never heard of those type of figures. Truth is, when you're out enfrocing laws, not everyone is going to be happy. Espically, the ones going to jail or receiving tickets.

Many agencies do wear cameras on their person or mounted in their patrol vehicles. Although I do not wear a camera or have a camera in my vehicle, I am an advocate for them. I have nothing to hide and when a baseless complaint arrives on my supervisors desk because someone is mad I was doing my job by ticketing or arresting them there is audio / video to substantiate what I wrote in my notes or report.

You call it paranoid, I call it being safe. I'm not on patrol in the streets to get into a bar fight to see who has the bigger... I know what my limitations are and I know I'm not a superhero. Many times, the people I contact are under the influence of alcohol / drugs, have mental health issues, have more training in "MMA" and ultimately, they do not want to go to jail. It would be unfair to my family if I was careless and unsafe out there.

For examole, a lot of times both in my experience and in studies, the moment an officer goes hands on to conduct a search for weapons or ect. The fight is on. In every contact there is a gun. If an officer is alone without a cover unit and is knocked out or injured a suspect could easily take an officers taser, baton / asp or firearm.

After loosing my academy mate and friend earlier this year to a gunshot wound to the head, I am more vigilant now than ever.

I would challenge those of you who have had a bad experience with law enforcement, real or fictitious to go on a ride along with your local agencies. At the sametime, as you read threads such as this you have to discredit comments from people like Neight who representing themselves to be a northerner / gangmember.

Agree 100%.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com