Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » S7 dyno vid

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: S7 dyno vid
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1086727_twin-turbocharged-saleen-s7-turns-2200-hp-on-the-dyno-video

Twin-Turbocharged Saleen S7 Turns 2,200+ HP On The Dyno: Video
By Jeff Glucker, Contributor 09/04/2013

Share This:
Saleen is the automotive name best known for turning out modified Mustangs. It's also the last name of the man behind the company, who was an accomplished racer in his day. We're pretty sure Steven Saleen was happy with his twin-turbocharged 750-horsepower S7, which remains a potent performer of a supercar built right here in the USA. It's not enough, however, for the team of Russian tuners behind Total Race.

DON'T MISS: Semi-Truck Driver Goes For Jump Record, Winds Up At A Yard Sale: Video

Originally a rear-wheel-drive car, Total Race have taken their S7 and extensively modified it, which includes turning it into an all-wheel-drive machine. That's not the crazy part though, because this particular S7 is packing a new powerplant that sits behind the drivers head. A ProLine engine was sourced for the delightful sum of nearly $62,000. Sounds expensive sure, but when you are looking to push your car to the ragged edge of the horsepower world, you need an engine that can take the abuse.

Total Race put its S7 on the dyno, and upon first glance I thought the amount of straps being used was overkill. I was incorrect. This particular dyno run shows that the car is making 2,282 horsepower and 1,737 pound-feet of torque... on pump gas. That's a not small amount of power, and it makes far more sense of the fact that Total Race converted this car to send power out to all four wheels.

ALSO SEE: Rally Co-Driver Sits Directly On Engine To Save The Day: Video

Since this is a Russian build, we have to guess that this S7 is being prepped to run dominate at one of the popular Dragtimes events. Many competitors step up to the line to see just how fast they can run over the course of a mile. Total Race will most likely have a few traction issues off the line, but once it's hooked up we expect it to slow the spin of the Earth.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love these cars....even though it's a tight fit lol.
We had a TT 427 in here a while back for some work and I loved it.
Check it out: TT Saleen S7

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That just a pos ford. It couldn't keep up with a 04 Zo6.. Ls brah! [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The REAL American made super car. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1086727_twin-turbocharged-saleen-s7-turns-2200-hp-on-the-dyno-video

Twin-Turbocharged Saleen S7 Turns 2,200+ HP On The Dyno: Video
By Jeff Glucker, Contributor 09/04/2013

Share This:
Saleen is the automotive name best known for turning out modified Mustangs. It's also the last name of the man behind the company, who was an accomplished racer in his day. We're pretty sure Steven Saleen was happy with his twin-turbocharged 750-horsepower S7, which remains a potent performer of a supercar built right here in the USA. It's not enough, however, for the team of Russian tuners behind Total Race.

DON'T MISS: Semi-Truck Driver Goes For Jump Record, Winds Up At A Yard Sale: Video

Originally a rear-wheel-drive car, Total Race have taken their S7 and extensively modified it, which includes turning it into an all-wheel-drive machine. That's not the crazy part though, because this particular S7 is packing a new powerplant that sits behind the drivers head. A ProLine engine was sourced for the delightful sum of nearly $62,000. Sounds expensive sure, but when you are looking to push your car to the ragged edge of the horsepower world, you need an engine that can take the abuse.

Total Race put its S7 on the dyno, and upon first glance I thought the amount of straps being used was overkill. I was incorrect. This particular dyno run shows that the car is making 2,282 horsepower and 1,737 pound-feet of torque... on pump gas. That's a not small amount of power, and it makes far more sense of the fact that Total Race converted this car to send power out to all four wheels.

ALSO SEE: Rally Co-Driver Sits Directly On Engine To Save The Day: Video

Since this is a Russian build, we have to guess that this S7 is being prepped to run dominate at one of the popular Dragtimes events. Many competitors step up to the line to see just how fast they can run over the course of a mile. Total Race will most likely have a few traction issues off the line, but once it's hooked up we expect it to slow the spin of the Earth.

This thing is a beast. 600+ CI Proline motor with twin 100MM turbos from what someone posted on svtperformance.

[ 2013-09-04, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car was converted to AWD! Can you imagine the launches with 2200 hp....wow!
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
88saleenclone
¯
Member # 11775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88saleenclone  Ford pictures for 88saleenclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So when did the Vtech kik in?
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pump gas. [Eek!]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since this is a Russian build, we have to guess that this S7 is being prepped to run dominate at one of the popular Dragtimes events. Many competitors step up to the line to see just how fast they can run over the course of a mile. Total Race will most likely have a few traction issues off the line, but once it's hooked up we expect it to slow the spin of the Earth. [Eek!] They gonna to try to bet all the records

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brutal
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't a vette suppose to be on this level since they're super cars? Looks like they'll never catch up [Frown]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Ric88Notch
¯
Member # 11660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric88Notch  Ford pictures for Ric88Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C5 zo6 and FRC. FTW. LS1

--------------------
2013 Black GT

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com