Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Can cops steal you car?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Can cops steal you car?
50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was always wondering if a cop stops you for reasons that you are unfit to drive, have you step out for a sobriety test, searches you car, then, illegally plants evidence, then, calls in the tow truck and arrest you for suspicion of DUI & possession. Then, comes the long lengthy legal process of your case and your hot sports car in the impound yard. You later learn that your car was sold at an auction and to no surprise that the buyer was that officer who arrested you now has your car and is driving it or gave it to their son, daughter, nephew, hubby or wifey.
Did anyone hear of such a case or did it happen to you?

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would be some shit.

[ 2013-08-29, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wtf!!!!

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a stretch [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone can be crooked,even in a uniform...my buddy went to Arizona state pen and would see cops bring in cell phones,coke,chronic,meth you name it they got whatever they wanted and they paid the cops cash money everytime..humans are humans uniform and training regardless...yes that can happen and yes that would suck,would I be surprised? Hell no.....

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
Anyone can be crooked,even in a uniform...my buddy went to Arizona state pen and would see cops bring in cell phones,coke,chronic,meth you name it they got whatever they wanted and they paid the cops cash money everytime..humans are humans uniform and training regardless...yes that can happen and yes that would suck,would I be surprised? Hell no.....

I Agree.

Many inmates behind bars with cell-phones, all given to them by COs and LEOs (of course paid).

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50/50:
I was always wondering if a cop stops you for reasons that you are unfit to drive, have you step out for a sobriety test, searches you car, then, illegally plants evidence, then, calls in the tow truck and arrest you for suspicion of DUI & possession. Then, comes the long lengthy legal process of your case and your hot sports car in the impound yard. You later learn that your car was sold at an auction and to no surprise that the buyer was that officer who arrested you now has your car and is driving it or gave it to their son, daughter, nephew, hubby or wifey.
Did anyone hear of such a case or did it happen to you?

just dont sleep with the cops wife, i get pulled over for no reason all the time

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like somebody has been http://youtu.be/0Of2zdKp2qs

On a side note, few weeks ago I got ticketed for 90. Was doing 70 my entire trip. Never sped up. Got lied to and raped with no lube. Officers are people. They are just as bad as the rest of us. [patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
That would be some shit.

+1

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That would be some shit.

+1

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Years ago in fremont, my uncle had a 68' Torino with a 289 (original 351c car) got pulled over by Rosetti for something I don't remember. The car got impounded and my uncle couldn't afford to get it out. Some time later Rosetti pulls my uncle over just to ask him if he knew where the original 351c was located because his son in law bought the car at auction. [Roll Eyes]
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:
Years ago in fremont, my uncle had a 68' Torino with a 289 (original 351c car) got pulled over by Rosetti for something I don't remember. The car got impounded and my uncle couldn't afford to get it out. Some time later Rosetti pulls my uncle over just to ask him if he knew where the original 351c was located because his son in law bought the car at auction. [Roll Eyes]

Rosetti was a real asshole.
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Arch:

On a side note, few weeks ago I got ticketed for 90. Was doing 70 my entire trip. Never sped up. Got lied to and raped with no lube. Officers are people. They are just as bad as the rest of us. [patriot]

So, you were going 70mph the whole time yet you say they wrote you down for 90mph???

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLoWN FR500  Ford pictures for BLoWN FR500    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:

F*** Rosetti. I heard that asshole gave his own grandmother a damn ticket.

--------------------
92 Fobra Supercharged - Stolen
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

I Stay Charged Like The Energizer Bunny

Posts: 1226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

So, you were going 70mph the whole time yet you say they wrote you down for 90mph???
Yep. I'm actually not sure what to do about it. I want to fight it but I have no proof. If I lose, aren't I liable for further court costs?

--------------------
86' LX Vert

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep. I'm actually not sure what to do about it. I want to fight it but I have no proof. If I lose, aren't I liable for further court costs?
Should of ask for the radar reading fucking shady ass cop

[ 2013-08-30, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: red5o ]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll tell you this a cops word is 100000x more valuable than ours. I got my reckless driving because I "burned out 100 ft with kids playing outside with a cloud of smoke that you couldn't see my car." Yes I burned out for like 5-10ft MAX no smoke nor tire marks kuz it was accidental(horrible idle surging issues), kids don't even live on that damn street and no one was even outside! Damn this is pissing me off again but anyways fight that shit don't let cops get over you FUCK THEM. Getting points wrongfully is straight bullshit.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll tell you this a cops word is 100000x more valuable than ours. I got my reckless driving because I "burned out 100 ft with kids playing outside with a cloud of smoke that you couldn't see my car." Yes I burned out for like 5-10ft MAX no smoke nor tire marks kuz it was accidental(horrible idle surging issues), kids don't even live on that damn street and no one was even outside! Damn this is pissing me off again but anyways fight that shit don't let cops get over you FUCK THEM. Getting points wrongfully is straight bullshit.
I completely agree. I'm no saint behind the wheel, but I got so wronged this time. Usually when I get a ticket I shake my head at myself and keep it respectful with the officers. After all, usually it's my fault I'm in that situation. This one just blew my mind however. I actually recorded our whole conversation. I let him know how ridiculous I thought it was.

Week and a half later I get a 75 in a 65. My fault, I was speeding. But really?! 75 in a 65?

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
Originally posted by red5o:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Should of ask for the radar reading fucking shady ass cop
He said he paced me for half a mile at that speed before pulling me over. Which is bull shit. I wasn't sure why a car was on my ass at first. Moved over twice on the hwy 65. He got right behind me both times. When he pulled me over I figured I had a light out or something.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found a pretty dope site called copblock.org not .com it allows u to post up your side of the things, details cops name blah blah its pretty coo cops get away with way too much nowadays so someone has to have the peoples back.

[ 2013-08-30, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: 89point. ]

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it would be a stretch for the DUI stop to stick sense most if not all squad cars now, the video camera attached and they would clearly see that you're not drunk during the FST's that would show that the cop was crooked of the back

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com