Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CPT ART CARR KIT REVIEW

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CPT ART CARR KIT REVIEW
stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang up  Ford pictures for stang up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so I ordered their Hp Aod kit and hardened input Shaft .When I got it they sent me a regular band. only Kolleen steels and alto red frictions for direct drum 4r70w .the rest of clutch packs were commercial regular Aod . I have those at the shop.so I called Art myself he tried to tell me I didn't need Kolleen steels and red frictions in the others. and that they didnt make them for fords.Which they do .his input shaft was overpriced 247 and you can find the same one for 170 . he says they make it for their special converter. Which the splines are from a AODE OR C6
so I guess Im going to go another route .Maybe with the blue frictions and Kolleen steels im going with the 4r70w swapped internals A servos end plug kit and all the works .Ill post my Pics soon

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
87 Gt roller build in the works
And a bunch of chevys

Posts: 186 | From: RICHMOND SAN PABLO VALLEJO OG | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
707iiii
¯
Member # 10923

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707iiii  Ford pictures for 707iiii    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll be fine with stock clutches in forward and reverse. Reverse clutch only comes in reverse and forwards stay applied for 1-2-3. Since they don't have to endure a shift, friction material isn't as critical. Altos are a decent clutch but they are smooth and a lot of people believe that can be unhelpful for apply time. I would get a clutch with grooves for the direct like stage 1's or dynax hi energy's. A lot of people don't believe the price of the koleens justify the questionable benefits.
Posts: 327 | From: Lost Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  :
stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang up  Ford pictures for stang up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah different people have diff opinions your right.you have to try diff things sometimes to see for yourself talked to transtar today they have some stuff I like .I think I may have some dynax frictions hanging on my wall by my bench.transtar can get me the 300m billet steel input shaft for 170.let you know what I pick on frictions and steels.

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
87 Gt roller build in the works
And a bunch of chevys

Posts: 186 | From: RICHMOND SAN PABLO VALLEJO OG | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com