Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » foxbody owners

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: foxbody owners
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone here with a foxbody have had their fox stolen even with a removable steering wheel? I will start going to college soon and will have to either drive my fox or buy another car and park my fox at a family members house due to limited space where I live . I know nothing will stop a tow truck but doubt the average theif will go to that level I might be willing to risk it if the removable steering wheel and good alarm will stop the average theif . I currently daily drive it and have alarm in it and haven't caught anyone trying to steal it in the past year and a half of ownership.

[ 2013-07-15, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: ed650 ]

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Park your car and get a DD. you car will most likely get stolen if you drive it everyday and park it on a regular basis, with any type of pattern.

If its locked up at a family members house it's way less likely to be stolen. It seems more and more of these cars are being stolen with tow trucks anyways [Frown]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
main reason why i sold mine, worrying... if they want your car that bad, its gone....sold mine due to all the thefts with this type body style..GL what ever you do. i had full alarm system, club wheel lock and brake lock...glad i sold mine dont have to worry anymore...

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a club, ignition kill, alarm, locktronics ignition disabler, and it was in my driveway. They still took it. I'm convinced it was pushed and towed. But my point is, if they want it they'll take it. School parking lots just make it easier.
Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drove my old 88 GT to college for awhile, Then again, I didnt worry since my college is in an up scale area and has its own security/police so you'd have to be stupid to try and steal it.

I still sold it because im not going to stress out over it. I like the newer body styles more so it all made sense. It still baffles me why fox bodies are such big targets for theft but 1994+ are left alone.

[ 2013-07-15, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CAStang:
I had a club, ignition kill, alarm, locktronics ignition disabler, and it was in my driveway. They still took it. I'm convinced it was pushed and towed. But my point is, if they want it they'll take it. School parking lots just make it easier.

Man that's fuck up I'm sorry for yore loss I had my 93 fox stolen too hate that feeling.... I've been looking in to those gps trackers mybee that's something you might consider

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Drove my old 88 GT to college for awhile, Then again, I didnt worry since my college is in an up scale area and has its own security/police so you'd have to be stupid to try and steal it.

I still sold it because im not going to stress out over it. I like the newer body styles more so it all made sense. It still baffles me why fox bodies are such big targets for theft but 1994+ are left alone.

I also drove my 88GT to college for a while. I picked up my 98 Cobra after a year or so and worried MUCH less.

As said before, if someone wants your car, they can get it. The only thing you can do is make it as difficult as possible for them. An alarm and removable steering wheel may not be a bad start. Learn the other weaknesses of these cars and address them. Whatever you do, you may not want to post about them. Good luck.

[ 2013-07-15, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Blu50Stang ]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Lo Jack on mine..I can check where my car is through my phone..And if my car is moved my phone will alert me right away...FTMFW... [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is one of the main reasons I decided not to spend 6k on a fox it's just to much too worry about even though its not as bad as the bay! I'd say buy a beater and don't stress over it

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
I have Lo Jack on mine..I can check where my car is through my phone..And if my car is moved my phone will alert me right away...FTMFW... [patriot] [patriot]

how much did you pay and is it a one time pay?

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
quote:

+1

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Shit is great huh. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get good insurance and fuck the haters. Foxes are going up in value bruh and I'm not getting rid of mine cause of the threat of a punk ass thief, they better watch out for what I got for them bruh bruh

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

accord-coupe- V6
¯
Member # 12812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for accord-coupe- V6  Ford pictures for accord-coupe- V6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to school and learn how to stop the thieves haha

--------------------
2001 honda accord coupe: current ride
2004 honda accord: sold
2009 Honda Accord V6 Coupe: sold
1999 mustang gt: sold

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
quote:

I got it all done at the dealer where my wife works at.One of her friends hooked it for literally nothing... [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
triple black hatch
CAFords OG
Member # 5420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple black hatch  Ford pictures for triple black hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about something like this.

http://www.thetileapp.com/

Posts: 1409 | From: (650)-(209) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com