Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » when buying off C-List?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: when buying off C-List?
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you go to the persons home & pick up parts or do you meet somewhere where there is ppl around? (MALLS/BART/PARKS etc)

I'm buying this part off clist and usually I meet up in places wirh ppl around as I'm skeptical to go to a strangers home to do deals. Buyers pretty much beating around the bush why he cant etc.. Is it just me?

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done both. I've never had an issue, but thats just me.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done both as well remember the way you think and feel is probably the way the seller feels if he feels safe dealing his parts from home that's what you get if he doesn't want you to know where he lives for what ever reason seller will ask you to meet him just be safe drive by scan the area if all looks good stop and buy if something doesn't look right to you just keep driving!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i live next to newark pd so i have em meet me there if they arent members off here... or any place with people around such as gas stations especially things like rims radios or expensive stuff
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I usually meet people at the chevron near my house kuz well I don't like people knowing where I live.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually try to get a feel for people which is usually easier said than done. I don't care if your offering me cash if you don't speak in a proper manner and have horrible language I probably wont do business with that person. If I do I try and meet this person in a very and open place. I usually will bring someone with me as well just in case.

--------------------
03 Terminator

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do both also and never had an issue. I sell things quite often on cl and I usually am comfortable meeting at my house. There's plenty that feel the way u do and there's nothing wrong with meeting in a public area

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Public spot.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
I actually try to get a feel for people which is usually easier said than done. I don't care if your offering me cash if you don't speak in a proper manner and have horrible language I probably wont do business with that person. If I do I try and meet this person in a very and open place. I usually will bring someone with me as well just in case.

+1

[ 2013-07-11, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Boss 327 ]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

That's exactly how i think. However with this one, his vocab on text and all the text slang is what throws me off n the part of the city he resides is not the best. Hopefully meeting at a public place or no deal
1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Nasty66  Ford pictures for 1Nasty66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/QB][/QUOTE]That's exactly how i think. However with this one, his vocab on text and all the text slang is what throws me off n the part of the city he resides is not the best. Hopefully meeting at a public place or no deal [/QB][/QUOTE]
Lucky I've have never had a bad experience with CL but I'm always with a weapon too just in case because you never know.

[ 2013-07-12, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: will01bullitt ]

--------------------
2001 Bullitt DHG #2673 of 5582 built(sold)
1966 mustang 289

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by will01bullitt:

That's exactly how i think. However with this one, his vocab on text and all the text slang is what throws me off n the part of the city he resides is not the best. Hopefully meeting at a public place or no deal [/QB][/QUOTE]
Lucky I've have never had a bad experience with CL but I'm always with a weapon too just in case because you never know. [/QB][/QUOTE]

i totally always pack a weapon in these spots. there are stories out there of people getting jacked and beat over the cash they bring.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I sold my gsxr last year I brought my glock27 with me to meet up with people just incase. I also met majority of people at the mall in the parking lot in the open so I wouldn't set my self up to get jacked. Im also the type of person that doesn't like people to know where I live.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Idont ever have anyone come to the spot but I do have them come near my home when im selling, and when I buy ill go to there area, depending on the area ill meet at their house or ask for a public spot

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always try and meet in parts I know but when I really want something I go to there house but I bring people with

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86_on_DD_machs:
I always try and meet in parts I know but when I really want something I go to there house but I bring people with

hell ya u do lol came 3 deep the last time to pick up the sway bar n gears, my step dad was like i though they were going to jump you lmao
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rdiaz89:
quote:

That's exactly how i think. However with this one, his vocab on text and all the text slang is what throws me off n the part of the city he resides is not the best. Hopefully meeting at a public place or no deal
I probably wouldn't do business with this person to be honest with you. Not judging but if it smells like a dog and barks like a dog its probably a dog

--------------------
03 Terminator

S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
quote:

hell ya u do lol came 3 deep the last time to pick up the sway bar n gears, my step dad was like i though they were going to jump you lmao
Hahaha that day we were getting off work I remember it was starting to rain that day too

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

AP16
¯
Member # 12890

quote:
quote:
quote:

I probably wouldn't do business with this person to be honest with you. Not judging but if it smells like a dog and barks like a dog its probably a dog
That's my gut feeling man hes willing to meet at the mall now. Tempting as I would be saving half. However I don't knoe if its worth the risk.. I just wish he was a forum member not clist
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A good thing to say when you meet people on craigslist is telling them if you can meet them at an ATM station or if you can go look at the item first ( if you have to meet them at their house) and than that you will go to the nearest bank to get the money.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
quote:

Hahaha that day we were getting off work I remember it was starting to rain that day too
Lol and it was 10pm at night
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

quote:
quote:
quote:

That's my gut feeling man hes willing to meet at the mall now. Tempting as I would be saving half. However I don't knoe if its worth the risk.. I just wish he was a forum member not clist
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At my house If they try coming back to steal something they'll get blasted simple as that.
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Met up with dude. Real cool dude, talked for a while about cars
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always just bring a buddy along

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com