Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Smog

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Smog
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Failed smog, PCV valve portion, everything else passed. what should i check? i plan on changing the pcv valve behind the upper intake...anywhere else? and i have a breathable cap on my oil filler neck, would that be a contributor?

any shops in the 650 that can replace the pcv valve if i dont have the time?

thanks

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes loose the breather man. Go back to stock cap and replace pcv valve takes no more then 5min really I did mine outside of autozone lol. Make sure you pop it all the way in when you reassembled.

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you have a vacume leaak [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gonna lose the breather lol and where exactly is the pcv valve, grommet and mesh filter? I tried peeking behind my intake but cant see it, is it easier with the hood off lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They failed you cause of the breather cause its now venting the crankcase and is a modification of the PVC system, put the stock cap back on and you will pass since everything else passed

--------------------
1965 Mustang convertible
2004 Ford Lightning #0537

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraCoupe:
They failed you cause of the breather cause its now venting the crankcase and is a modification of the PVC system, put the stock cap back on and you will pass since everything else passed

[patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraCoupe:

+1 [burnout]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Shit! Right on fellas, i will definitely lose that damn filter!
This pic was after the bad news, luckily it was a nice day to cruise thru sf afterwards [Big Grin]
 -

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Passed with stock oil filler cap [patriot]

Thanks guys!

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You welcome lol..

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com