Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what are the diffrences between a 93 5.0 motor and 95 motor

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what are the diffrences between a 93 5.0 motor and 95 motor
travi99
¯
Member # 12416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for travi99  Ford pictures for travi99  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are the diffrences between a 90-93 5.0 motor and a 95 ?and which would you prefer

--------------------
travis rivera

Posts: 53 | From: richmond california | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe both have hyper pistons & the only major diff is the intake on the 95 is lower due to hood clearance. That in turn helped diminish HP. ( Edit I thought it was 93 or 95. I think 92 might be the last year for forged pistons. Just a guess don't quote me.)

I know someone will chime in who knows.
BUT this should also be in tech talk. [Razz]

[ 2013-07-01, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Front timing chain cover & water pump are also different.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
Front timing chain cover & water pump are also different.

This!

I put a 95 into my 89 and i only had to switch out the timing cover and the accessories/brackets. Use everything on the front of your motor from your previous engine to make it compatible. Also the oil sending unit is a different style so you need to use your old one.

All the ford 302 blocks are identical except for piston/crank/heads/timing cover combos in the different years and models of cars.

Oh and the valve covers are different on 95's [Smile]

Forged pistons are 87-92 93 first year of hyper pistons. These continue to be the same in the explorers with 5.0 engines till the early 2000's. Same block different internals.

Also there was some differences in the size of piston rings for the forged engines... supposedly.

[ 2013-07-01, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: NK2186 ]

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rings were same 85-01

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Rings were same 85-01

I ran into an issue with getting rings for my 95 pistons. There were metric rings and standard as well. [Frown] Vic hubbards was hard with that one lol...

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

travi99
¯
Member # 12416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for travi99  Ford pictures for travi99  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reason for the question is i found,a notch with a 95 5.0 but i wanted to know if 88-93 parts are exchangeable with a 95 motor

--------------------
travis rivera

Posts: 53 | From: richmond california | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
alot of parts are inerchangable sn95 to fox [burnout]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NK2186:
quote:
Rings were same 85-01

I ran into an issue with getting rings for my 95 pistons. There were metric rings and standard as well. [Frown] Vic hubbards was hard with that one lol...
Thats cool but all motors HO 5.0 motors from 85-2001 used moly, metric ring packs. You probably didnt have a 93 5.0 or a 95 5.0 motor....

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com