Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Spent the day in SF....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Spent the day in SF....
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit i was miserable. Everything smells like heavy piss, trash and litter every where you look. Bums circling your car every light and wont take no for an answer. Housing is $2000 a month for a studio apartment in that environment. I got in 4-5 road rage fights from stupid aggressive drivers, Parking isnt a such thing, If you do find a spot, you got 19 people honking at you because youre trying to parallel park. Cant forget about the heavy traffic.

What a dump.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Texas FTW
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah fuck that place, the only thing I like about SF is the 49ers. Shit try being their with 70ft+ of truck and trailer, makes you wanna slap the shit out of some fools!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First time I ever drove in SF was in one of these. Fun times.

-

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
Yeah fuck that place, the only thing I like about SF is the 49ers. Shit try being their with 70ft+ of truck and trailer, makes you wanna slap the shit out of some fools!

Cant even imagine driving a semi or trucks in general. I legit feel bad for those guys.
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Holy shit i was miserable. Everything smells like heavy piss, trash and litter every where you look. Bums circling your car every light and wont take no for an answer. Housing is $2000 a month for a studio apartment in that environment. I got in 4-5 road rage fights from stupid aggressive drivers, Parking isnt a such thing, If you do find a spot, you got 19 people honking at you because youre trying to parallel park. Cant forget about the heavy traffic.

What a dump.

Sounds amazing! Too bad we don't have that much diversity and living costs here.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck living in the city

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:

What a dump.

Sounds amazing! Too bad we don't have that much diversity and living costs here.
 -
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And...........? We've got fields here too.
Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I basically stay around the Golden Gate and Presidio when I do visit SF is an over priced crowded ass mess these days like most of CA. Really man anyone who says it's the best must have a lot of free time and money to think so cause I sure as hell can't do the things I used to be able to.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just depends what you are going for.

If you want elbow room, easy parking, cheap cost of living, then SF is not for you.

If you want energy, lots of single people, tons of bars/restaurants, public transportation, then SF is for you.

As someone who has lived there briefly, people have to take some pretty major compromises to live the city life.

I think at 32 I don't have the patience nor willingness to deal with the BS that comes along with living in SF. And also, most of us are car guys. There are few places on earth where its worse to be a car guy.

I am liking downtown San Mateo though as a compromise between SF and the suburbs. Wish it weren't so expensive!

[ 2013-06-23, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What a dump.

Lol true. And sactown is a close second

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:

What a dump.

Lol true. And sactown is a close second
Sacramento isnt any better. Glad i moved out of that dump when i did.
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have offices in SF and in the Peninsula. SF is very vibrant, lots to do, but definitely not for car guys. I can assure you I enjoy my drives to the Burlingame office a lot more!

[ 2013-06-23, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Rigo5.0 ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The city's not a place to drive your lazy ass car everywhere like the suburban and country folk are used to. You got to get off your ass and walk around to enjoy a city like SF. There's BART and trolleys and shit to get around and see the good and bad. What city don't have bums, if you don't like em don't give em money.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the city ftw , parking sucks , park and and walk ftw , Go GIANTS GO 49ers

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sacramento is not too bad. Most of it sucks but there's some nice surrounding small cities like Roseville and Folsom

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be going there at 4am tomorrow in a truck with a 24f bed and a 13f cad with me luck smh
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
The city's not a place to drive your lazy ass car everywhere like the suburban and country folk are used to. You got to get off your ass and walk around to enjoy a city like SF. There's BART and trolleys and shit to get around and see the good and bad. What city don't have bums, if you don't like em don't give em money.

+1

He sounded surprised upon what he saw it must have been Robb first time in sanfransisco LOL

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just moved into sf, lower nob hill. grew up in the bay. still have my house in sac in the suburbs, but for me you cant beat the conveniences of city living. all piss smell aside - sf aint shit compared to how dirty a lot of other cities in the US and around the world are. City living, no matter what city, is either for you or not... Theres a big group of us that would loose our minds and go stir crazy out in the country.

If you arent stress-prone, you like being around people, know how and when to commute around the area, and most importantly, have got your finances on lock- SF is probably one of the best places on the west coast you could choose to live.

Sorry you didnt have a good trip to sf man, next time avoid the weekends and get a stiff drink when you get here [patriot]

[ 2013-06-25, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: DevonShelbyGT ]

Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnot:
Sacramento is not too bad. Most of it sucks but there's some nice surrounding small cities like Roseville and Folsom

Yeah, Roseville and Folsom are very nice areas. I'm in the Rocklin/Loomis area myself. Love it out here. I hated the sacramento area until i moved out here. It was like night and day difference. I used to live right down the street from Meadowview so you can see the change in lifestyle. Lol. South Sac is a complete dump.

I like the bay area, dont get me wrong. I love going out to the coast and Fishermens Wharf etc, Where i was, it was a COMPLETE dump, Hell i was hanging out with the hippies and there are smoke shops on every corner and homeless runaways playing guitar on the side of the road.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DevonShelbyGT:
I just moved into sf, lower nob hill. grew up in the bay. still have my house in sac in the suburbs, but for me you cant beat the conveniences of city living. all piss smell aside - sf aint shit compared to how dirty a lot of other cities in the US and around the world are. City living, no matter what city, is either for you or not... Theres a big group of us that would loose our minds and go stir crazy out in the country.

If you arent stress-prone, you like being around people, know how and when to commute around the area, and most importantly, have got your finances on lock- SF is probably one of the best places on the west coast you could choose to live.

Sorry you didnt have a good trip to sf man, next time avoid the weekends and get a stiff drink when you get here [patriot]

You pretty much confirmed I prefer the country. lol
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It makes me laugh how everyone complains about how expensive the city is. I'm born and raised along the peninsula. Things being expensive just mean you need to make more money. Lol. I strive for that everyday.

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i grew up in the sunset in SF. a lot more homes and more suburban feel. still is expensive which is why i am in the east bay now. i still go to the city at least two to three times a month to hang with friends and fam. you just got to know the tricks of getting around by car and were to park. every district has their own tips and tricks. unfortunately that stuff only comes with time.

One exception about parking is downtown. pubic transit is the only way i go downtown unless i am picking up the wife when she is shopping. i do not park there under any circumstances. whether its on the street or in a garage your car will get dinged or scratched.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com