Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » thinking about selling my saleen (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: thinking about selling my saleen
89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So im just pondering the thought of selling the saleen. I kinda want to get back into only old schools. Tired of smog. Just putting it up to see what i can get for it and maybe sell it.

It's a real 89 saleen number 310 mustang

Interior
MM Roll Cage.
Corbeau Seats
5 pt harness
Door Panels and dash and gauge cluster in perfect shape. The car only has something like 75 k on it

Engine.
347 probe flat top piston kit
afr 185 58cc heads non smog legal.
trick flow track heat intake
42 lb injectors.
BBK long tube
big throttle body.
anderson power pipe

Suspension
MM Coil Over kit front and back
i don't remember the spring rate, but it's stiff
mm rear control arms
mm rear panard bar

Brakes
03 cobra brakes front and back

Drivetrain
centerforce clutch
12 lb flywheel
stock t5
stock saleen hurst shifter
alum driveshaft
ford racing 3.55 rear end with posi

Car put down 398 rwhp and 427 rwtq

-
 -

[ 2013-06-18, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: 89Saleen310 ]

--------------------
89 Saleen #310
64 1/2 coupe
73 mach 1
73 vert
66 vert
65 vert
67 coupe
67 coupe
66 coupe

Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow man, looks like an easy car to sell. If I could pick out any fox, and they all shared the same value... That would be the one. [patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice whip!

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd keep it, not many foxbody Saleen owners out there. If you sell please sell high!

I know you've put a lot into the car.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pm sent
rayski25
¯
Member # 11363

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rayski25  Ford pictures for rayski25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put it in storage for a few years and see if you feel the same way down the road a little bit, that's way to clean to sell bro.

--------------------
66 mustang v6 converted to 351w(sold)
89 mustang lx(sold)
88 mustang gt(current DD)

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill keep it but for the right price ill let it go. [patriot]
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put it away and build something else. I sold my last car due to fustration and a week later, regret set in.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100% get rid of it and focus on that classic that you have your eye on!

There's a lot of loyal guys out there that will always tell you to hang on to a car you built. Nothing wrong with that.

But I tend to be more on the side that is in favor of experiencing different cars, seeing new places, etc. There's a lot of awesome stuff out there if you can detach from the things that are tying you down.

And always remember, its just a foxbody Mustang. If you decide you want to build another down the line, you can!

I've never regretted selling any of my cars.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put an ls1 in it

--------------------
91' Notch

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:
put an ls1 in it

Not gonna do it.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got $10,000 for it. Let me know.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
100% get rid of it and focus on that classic that you have your eye on!

There's a lot of loyal guys out there that will always tell you to hang on to a car you built. Nothing wrong with that.

But I tend to be more on the side that is in favor of experiencing different cars, seeing new places, etc. There's a lot of awesome stuff out there if you can detach from the things that are tying you down.

And always remember, its just a foxbody Mustang. If you decide you want to build another down the line, you can!

I've never regretted selling any of my cars.

Just a Foxbody, lol. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Put it up on soec.org

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thought there was plans for a big 76mm or ysi or sumthin... nice saleen tho.. 400 n/a aint bad either [Cool]
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont listen to the naysayers bro. These cars are getting harder and harder to come by. Dont be that dude at the car show that comes up to me and tells me how he sold his car 20 years ago and regrets it and will never find one, etc etc.

Right now they may just be run of the mill fox bodys, commute cars, throw aways etc but remember there was a time when the beloved 65-70 fastback mustangs, 67-73 camaros, 66-72 chargers, novas etc where all just run of the mill cars, commute cars and throw aways....but look at them now. The attention you get driving a clean old school, the stories people tell you, the crowd that gathers when you park it, the value of them that holds pretty solid, the following they have.

Mark my words there will be a time in the future when it is the same for fox bodys and let me tell you that you have the shrine, besides 93 cobra and a few others.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is clean. I love saleens. Ill trade you for my 2002 GT open track car.
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trade for a sick ass 07 Ranger? [Razz]
Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Dont listen to the naysayers bro. These cars are getting harder and harder to come by. Dont be that dude at the car show that comes up to me and tells me how he sold his car 20 years ago and regrets it and will never find one, etc etc.

Right now they may just be run of the mill fox bodys, commute cars, throw aways etc but remember there was a time when the beloved 65-70 fastback mustangs, 67-73 camaros, 66-72 chargers, novas etc where all just run of the mill cars, commute cars and throw aways....but look at them now. The attention you get driving a clean old school, the stories people tell you, the crowd that gathers when you park it, the value of them that holds pretty solid, the following they have.

Mark my words there will be a time in the future when it is the same for fox bodys and let me tell you that you have the shrine, besides 93 cobra and a few others.

f'n dawt.

i have lost count the number of people that approach me and have a story of regret to tell me...its sad and i vowed never to let go of my cars....too bad the first fox was totalled and teh second fox stolen. never getting rid of the 67 obviously and the 13 will stay in the family.
but to each their own. if you can afford to store it for a bit, do it and see how you feel when you drive her after 6 months or a year of storage. I know after storing the 67 during the summer out here i have a renewed love for her when i finally take her back out.

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sean, don't sell the Saleen. Like Turbo50 said a clean foxbody is hard to come by.

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
back in the 80s where ppl everywhere buying big block muscle cars, chargers cudas challengers r/t's ect.. if there was any rust on the car it was junk and not worth shit and most of the nice muscle cars were goin for 3500 to 5000 lol

my dad had a chance to buy a real numbers matching hemi cuda I forget the year(pre 70) for 4500 couldn't really afford it and now his biggest regret lol

I totally regret selling my 87 saleen because down the road when I can have room for more cars the will have gone up in price to the point where serious collectors got most of them and the few will be priced ridiculous

BTW luke87gt theres less saleens than 93 cobras so they aren't jus a run of the mill

[ 2013-06-19, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nobody is doubting that the fox will be a classic one day (many argue that it already is), that prices are only going up, that clean ones are getting harder to come by.

However, as I understand it, the OP is looking to get rid of this car to free up money/space/resources/etc to build a car that he is passionate about. I'm only speculating since I have no idea what this "old school" will be.

If that's the case, then by all means, get rid of it and build the car that makes you happy. Life is short.

If you have the money, space, resources to build this new car while keeping the Saleen fox, then by all means keep it while building the new toy. [patriot]

[ 2013-06-19, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:

BTW luke87gt theres less saleens than 93 cobras so they aren't jus a run of the mill

Yup, good point, and fair enough.

--------------------
Stangless

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

If he wants to free up space and money sell the Mclaren, 7up and Lightning FIRST....

--------------------

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
I'm only speculating since I have no idea what this "old school" will be.

If its the old school im thinking of, it'll be a bad move..

Keep the saleen sean.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com