Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Gun control!!!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gun control!!!!!
Chilangoworrior00GT
¯
Member # 11344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chilangoworrior00GT  Ford pictures for Chilangoworrior00GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need help doing this essay about this topic and i know a lot of ca fords folks know more than me about guns.
I just started doing research on the topic "Gun control should be stricter to decrease gun related violence"
I would like to know what are some plus points and some minus points. Any information would help a lot

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/chilangoworrior/featured

Posts: 238 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guns kill people so the less guns we have, the less deaths we as a country will experience. You can expand your paper around that point. Just last week, A 5 year old boy shot and killed his 2 year old sister. We as a country are swimming in a sea of guns and we are killing each other because of it, but in the the eyes of the gun nuts and the NRA, guns dont kill people, 5 year old kids do and the only way to stop that 5 year old boy with a gun is to give that 2 year old girl a gun so she can shoot that 5 year old boy.

No question about it, the NRA is scum and you can write about that in your paper as well.

meanwhile, The FOX news gun blasting republican voting NRA gun nuts will say that we need guns to preserve liberty and to start and armed revolt against the government. Oh, the gun blasters will also say that they need an AR15 with a 100 round drum to hunt deer. As crazy as these reasons for owning military weapons sound, the gun blasting FOX news watching nut cases think these reasons sound normal.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you want an F on your paper listen to the idiot above me. if you want an A wait for some the people to post up with real info and real answers.
Chilangoworrior00GT
¯
Member # 11344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chilangoworrior00GT  Ford pictures for Chilangoworrior00GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The good way to know about the subject is always to listen to both sides of the story with an open mind.
Thanks for your info and your point of view cobraracer46!!

--------------------

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So if we have stricter gun laws this will stop criminals from possessing them? Sounds nice but it's a load of shit. I think violent video games and movies are huge contributor to gun violence nowadays.

If there were no guns people would find another way to kill.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your ending statement should be

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Less guns equals less deaths huh? Show me proof [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is how good gun laws work, Chicago has the strictest gun control laws in the nation.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-shootings-205488701.html
The month of May got off to a violent start in Chicago.

Three people were killed overnight and 20 others were wounded -- including two 16-year-olds -- in shootings across the city. About a dozen were shot in 12 hours, police said.

The gunfire erupted on a particularly warm day -- the city's first in seven months with temperatures in the 80s -- and on the eve of city officials touting a big reduction in the number of homicides for the first part of the year.

A man in his 30s was found dead in an alley in the 1900 block of South Drake overnight. After midnight, the first murder of May happened in the South Shore neighborhood where a 27-year-old man was shot in the chest near his home at 68th and Cornell. Neighbors said the man was a father of three.

Another shooting happened in front of the University of Illinois-Chicago police station, where three men were struck around 10:40 p.m. A 19- year-old died. Police said he was a known gang member.

Six others were wounded in two separate shootings Tuesday night in the Roseland and South Shore neighborhoods.

A gunman emerged from a gangway and shot a teenage boy and two men in the 300 block of West 108th Place about 6:15 p.m., police said.

The boy, 16, was shot in the hand and taken to MetroSouth Medical Center in good condition, police said. A 45-year-old man was shot in the abdomen area and a 36-year-old man was shot in the armpit. Both were taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in critical condition.

Three more men were shot and wounded about 45 minutes later in a separate shooting in the 2000 block of East 71st Street, police said.

In that shooting, an 18-year-old man was shot in the lower back and a 22-year-old man was shot in the abdomen area, police said. Both men were taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious-to-critical condition. The third man suffered two graze wounds and refused medical treatment.

The evening’s first shooting happened in the Uptown neighborhood about 5:15 p.m. A 22-year-old man was shot in the leg near North Sheridan Road and West Windsor Avenue, police said. Fire Media Affairs said the man was taken in critical condition to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.

Ald. James Cappleman (46th) said the injured man was a known gang member and a woman was also hurt running away from the shooting.

About 7:30 p.m., a 16-year-old girl was shot in the arm in the 700 block of East Oakwood Avenue, police said. She was taken to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in good condition.

About 8:15 p.m., a 24-year-old man was shot twice in the 5500 block of South King Drive, police said.

Additionally, the fire department said a 30-year-old man was critically injured in a shooting in the 5500 block of South Union Avenue. Police could not provide further information.

Ironically, the shots rang out just as the Chicago Police Department released data that showed a 42 percent drop in homicides for the first quarter of the year compared to the same a year ago. The period of January 1 through April 30 will be the first time the department recorded fewer than 100 murders in the first four months of the year since 1963, officials said.

As of 6:45 p.m., there had been 19 fewer homicides in April compared to the same month last year, said Adam Collins, the Director of News Affairs with the Chicago Police Department.

Additionally, unofficial numbers put April 2013 with having the fewest number of homicides in at least five years.

A police source told NBC Chicago the department credits the Violence Reduction Initiative -- officers paid overtime to work extra nightly shifts -- with the drop.

Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said last week the foot patrols in strategic areas has also had a dramatic impact on crime. That initiative, he said, would be expanded.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why doesn't someone tell us how many gun murders were committed by REGISTERED GUNS BY THEIR OWNERS? NOT BY STOLEN OR UNREGISTERED GUNS.

That will show you that taking guns from law abiding citizens will do nothing.

All these mass murders are done with illegal, stolen or, unregistered guns by people that don't own a gun.

They should enforce universal background checks. They should enforce no high capacity mags. I'm all for that. I live in california. We already have all these laws.
But why take guns away from people that do nothing but obey the law?

I have several guns in my home. Have I committed mass murders? NO people like cobraracer are idiots.

Like I said I'm all for stricter laws that's fine. But why ban an Ar 15 with a bullet button and 10 round clip and leave pistols with 10round clips that can be swapped out in under a second?

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dear sweet baby jesus, Here we go again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgF42jlEEIs

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Simple any gun control is against the 2nd amendment! "shall not be infringed" That is enough for me to not want any kind of gun control. I'm 37 now. I have owned a fire arm since I was 12, and have never killed anyone. Hell I haven't even took a shot at anyone.. The firearm was a Ruger 10/22 rim fire rifle. It's is now going to be on the list of assault weapons. Yes That is right. That is the gun control the left is trying to push. Bullshit feel good laws to strip gun owners of the "god give right" to bare arms. In my eyes either you are pro-constitution or you are not. All these leftist like to call names but all the facts prove them wrong. Chi-town strongest gun control of almost any city. Guess what highest crime/murder rate in the country.. Why is that you say? Good guys don't get to have guns. Bad guys don't care about gun laws.

Guns are only a tool. It has neither bad nor good intentions. It is just a tool/object. Hell it can't do anything with out a person to make it. People like cobratard run off bullshit scare tactics and lies. He has already been caught lying about stats/facts. The left wants to go after guns that make up less than 1% of all gun crimes.. Why? That isn't going to help anyone. It's just a feel good law. Just like mag cap limits. The V.T. shooter went in with 19 ten round mags. He just brought more 10 round mags. He got off 170+ rounds. Why did this happen? No good guys had guns on campus. I would rather everyone open carry a firearm. An arm society, is a polite society!

I'll leave it with this, "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security. " Benjamin Franklin

Here is a great link for stats gun control leftist don't like to put out..

http://news.yahoo.com/firearms-statistics-gun-control-advocates-don-t-want-194040384.html

-

-

-

[ 2013-05-06, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Democrat Liberal Puffs like Cobraracer are soo fuckin out of it and to me it's as simple as these two major points.

They Support Gun Control measures which PUNISH gun owners who obtain their weapons legally but DO NOT support the Death Penalty which PUNISHES convicted murderers!

They focus all of their efforts on GUN CONTROL which breaks down as simple as this, in 2010 FBI statistics show there were 12,000 weapons related homicides in the U.S. yet they Fully SUPPORT abortion which there were 1.2 MILLION of in 2010, democrats appear to be fighting on the wrong fronts in you ask me.

And stop throwing out the Republican Fox news crap I'm a full fledged gun carrying Republican and I CAN"T F'N STAND Fox news.

[ 2013-05-06, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
guns kill people so the less guns we have, the less deaths we as a country will experience. You can expand your paper around that point. Just last week, A 5 year old boy shot and killed his 2 year old sister. We as a country are swimming in a sea of guns and we are killing each other because of it, but in the the eyes of the gun nuts and the NRA, guns dont kill people, 5 year old kids do and the only way to stop that 5 year old boy with a gun is to give that 2 year old girl a gun so she can shoot that 5 year old boy.

No question about it, the NRA is scum and you can write about that in your paper as well.

meanwhile, The FOX news gun blasting republican voting NRA gun nuts will say that we need guns to preserve liberty and to start and armed revolt against the government. Oh, the gun blasters will also say that they need an AR15 with a 100 round drum to hunt deer. As crazy as these reasons for owning military weapons sound, the gun blasting FOX news watching nut cases think these reasons sound normal.

SPOONS MADE ME FAT! CAN WE BAN THOSE TOO?

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobratard makes me dumber everytime he post something. So it should be illegal for him to speak right? [Confused]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have also owned a gun "ruger 10-22" since I was in the 4th grade. It also was stored in my closet in a case and I never went on a shooting spree or killed anyone with it. I grew up in a military family and was taught the proper way ro handle and store firearms. I also got my hunter safety course roughly at the age of 8 or 9.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chilangoworrior00GT:
I need help doing this essay about this topic and i know a lot of ca fords folks know more than me about guns.
I just started doing research on the topic "Gun control should be stricter to decrease gun related violence"
I would like to know what are some plus points and some minus points. Any information would help a lot

Some advice. Stay away from this topic for school papers unless you're specifically asked to write about it. This is a hot-button topic and most teachers are pretty anti-gun. I've written many a paper in college about this and most of the time got a lower score on my papers simply because they did not agree with my point of view. I have written many an "A" paper in college and even though the content, format and supporting details were there, prejudice against "gun nuts" is alive and well in academia. No matter how compelling your paper, you will not sway them, so get that out of your head if that's your intent.

If you decide to push forward, you have to make a convincing argument with lots of supporting facts. Try and use FBI statistics because they're not skewed by political agendas. Cobraracer46's argument that less guns=less homicides can be debated to death. People like him like to point to Japan and the UK as proof and people like me like to point to Switzerland and Sweden to counter his argument. Mexico is a good example that less guns do not directly equate to less gun homicides. The fact of the matter is, you can't compare one country's gun homicide rate to another's based solely on their laws. Culture and socioeconomic issues all factor in to equation.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
]Some advice. Stay away from this topic for school papers unless you're specifically asked to write about it. This is a hot-button topic and most teachers are pretty anti-gun. I've written many a paper in college about this and most of the time got a lower score on my papers simply because they did not agree with my point of view. I have written many an "A" paper in college and even though the content, format and supporting details were there, prejudice against "gun nuts" is alive and well in academia. No matter how compelling your paper, you will not sway them, so get that out of your head if that's your intent.

If you decide to push forward, you have to make a convincing argument with lots of supporting facts. Try and use FBI statistics because they're not skewed by political agendas. Cobraracer46's argument that less guns=less homicides can be debated to death. People like him like to point to Japan and the UK as proof and people like me like to point to Switzerland and Sweden to counter his argument. Mexico is a good example that less guns do not directly equate to less gun homicides. The fact of the matter is, you can't compare one country's gun homicide rate to another's based solely on their laws. Culture and socioeconomic issues all factor in to equation.

To the OP, willit makes an excellent point about writing papers on such hot topics. But this also depends on your professor. If he/she is a fair minded individual and a true teacher, then the professor will grade your paper not on your opinion, but its content. Just keep that in mind. If you are that passionate about it and choose to write about such a highly debated topic, then more power to you - I hope you get a grade that reflects your true effort put into the project. I have skewed many of my college papers even though they were against my opinion just so I could get the diploma. It made me sick to my stomach.
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Chilangoworrior00GT
¯
Member # 11344

Thanks folks and yeah the topic is hot but its what the teacher wants so i cannot do anything about it

--------------------

BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Less guns = less violence is like saying less forks = less fat people

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More stats..

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/05/07/Justice-Dept-Report-Destroys-Medias-Gun-Control-Narrative

http://www.inquisitr.com/652519/gun-homicides-hit-20-year-low-in-the-u-s-wait-what-report/#pJHvDGfUmlTz2Lvy.01

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Chilangoworrior00GT
¯
Member # 11344

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
More stats..

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/05/07/Justice-Dept-Report-Destroys-Medias-Gun-Control-Narrative

http://www.inquisitr.com/652519/gun-homicides-hit-20-year-low-in-the-u-s-wait-what-report/#pJHvDGfUmlTz2Lvy.01

Hey warhorse58gt you know a lot about guns. Can you tell me three main reasons why gun control should not be stricter???

--------------------

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should argue that gun control should not be an issue we as a nation should be addressing. We should first work on three things education jobs and decreasing military spending. Then we can worry about guns. Gun control has got to be the most ridiculous issue next to gay marriage

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesn't really matter what you write about or what your view is. The key to getting a good grade on your paper is to cite your sources and make sure they're creditable, like from a .edu or from the library and not Cafords. Put it in proper format, intro with solid thesis, final sentence leads into the next paragraph, good topic sentences, staying on point, and solid conclusion recapping what you just wrote.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by Chilangoworrior00GT:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
More stats..

Hey warhorse58gt you know a lot about guns. Can you tell me three main reasons why gun control should not be stricter???
Easy. 1. 2a says "shall not be infringed upon." That is enough for me. If it was good enough to start this country, it is good enough for us now. 2. All the data shows while gun control can bring down "gun only crimes". Every other violent crime goes up. Rape, car jacking, home invasions, muggins, all go up. People like to use Britain as a example of gun control working. Tell you see that all their other crime has went threw the roof. They are #2 worst in crime in the whole E.U. They have a higher violent crime rate than South Africa. 3. Law abiding citizen by definition, follow the law. Criminals by definition, don't. Gun control only implies to people following the law. Bad guys don't follow the laws. That is why they are the bad guys. Gun control only hurts the good guys.

Wanted to add this. It is my life. No one ever should tell me how I should live it, or defend it. The government shouldn't force my wife to give up her ar-15. While at the same time be surrounded by full auto M4's. So guns are good enough for them, but not us?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

[ 2013-05-10, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com