Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wells Fargo???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wells Fargo???
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone here bank with them? I just switch banks (from California community credit union). If so how do you like or don't like them?I have direct deposit with them and I'm used to getting paid a day early! Do they release the funds as soon as they get them or do the wait until the date on the check?

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rip off. US Bank FTW

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chase has free checking for military active and vets, largest atm and bank network in the country foo.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nooo credit unions normally get the check early or give it a day earlier then banks like wells and chase......chase is a good bank tho been with them since the change with no complaints

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for chase, but i have a credit union now that handles my car n home loans [patriot]

[ 2013-04-28, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT03Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wells fargo can suck it

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone who doesn't like Wells care to post why? Just curiuis.

My wife switched from B of A after seeing how well WF treated me, and she preferred the user friendliness of WF online banking to B of A. WF even ended up purchasing my home mortgage, so now I can see my mtg balance and payment history on my online banking page. Not associated with WF, just a happy customer.

I've banked with them for decades without a problem. As for when direct deposits are available, I get paid on Fridays and that's when the funds are in the acct (12:01am).

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I been with Wells Fargo for 7 years now and never had a problem with them.
Good Bank Imo

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Wells Fargo and I don't like them. I keep them mainly for the convenience of there being an ATM on every corner.

The main reason I don't like them is I got a student loan for my 2nd year of college ($13k). Applied by myself, got the loan no problem. Went back to get another loan for year 4 ($8k) and I was denied. They said I needed a co-signer. So I refilled the application with my wife. Denied. They said the co-signer needed to be someone I didn't live with. I was 34 years old at the time making $160k a year combined with my wife's income, car paid off, no credit card bills, current on my mortgage. They told me to ask my parents if they could co-sign. I told them to fuck off. Got the loan somewhere else at half the interest rate with none of the hassle.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i used to work at chase I used to see a lot of customers come over from Wells Fargo due to the fact that they would always do shady shit for ex. I had a older lady come in because she hated customer service at wells and when she left she found out she had a total of 10 accounts that she never authorized, Plus Wells Fargo doesn't really care about anything more than numbers as compared to chase where they are more on customer service than on sales. In my experience they hit me with to many fees but this was before the laws came in to place for all excessive charges

[ 2013-04-28, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: arodeast408 ]

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

Posts: 340 | From: some where in the bay | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a credit card thru wf... no complaints here. during the whole recession when people got their credit limits decreased,i got mine bumped up 3 different times without asking.. my wife banks with wf and she loves them...
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for those that say they hate wells fargo, how about a reason backing said opinion?

i've had them since 04, and no complaints. just dont be a broke bastard and overdraft your account, or they'll bend you over...

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
just dont be a broke bastard and overdraft your account, or they'll bend you over...

BEST ADVICE for anybody dealing with banks, lol. [patriot]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
just dont be a broke bastard and overdraft your account, or they'll bend you over...

BEST ADVICE for anybody dealing with banks, lol. [patriot]
people forget banks are not your friend... their purpose is to make money. you can fuck up and have to give a bank money or play by the rules and have the bank pay you....
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to have them but they charge for every little thing I did. Also I know a girl who had them she would go and deposit her checks N lets say it was $900 they would only put $400 in her account N magically $500 disappear. She said that has happened to her TWICE.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had wells since 09 and I haven't switched banks since..
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SacStangDriver:
wells fargo can suck it

+1
I have a credit card with them. I've had that card for over 10 years. I only use it so often to keep it active but I primarily use my credit union for banking. The big banks already got enough of my money when we bailed them out!!! [BS flag]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been with wells for almost 10 years my biggest problem with them is all purchases done on weekend don't get applied to your account till mid week I understand its the weekend banks closed but if the funds are there go ahead and charge it!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
been with WF over ten years

like mentioned, WF has a lag on charging your account if you make a purchase using your WF credit card, and not your Debit. Whenever possible, I use debit to charge so it gets automatically withdrawn from your account, and isnt in hibernation. Even bill pay transactions are not posted immediately (if you want an accurate balance in regards to bill pay, go to bill pay tab and it will have a real amount of what you have in the bank)

They will charge you $10 if you go over 4 transfers (savings to checkings) a month via mobile or computer...but if you do the transfer at the ATM, there is no fee, and you can do it as many times as you like but its a inconvenience.

ATMS's are everywhere, but if you use another banks ATM, WF charges $3 on top of what the non WF bank charges...

Also, with direct deposit, for me, it hasnt been depositing at 12:01am every payday, it usually goes in around 2 or 3 hours after midnite (from my experience)...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bofa ftw

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thumbs down for Wells Fargo.

I have an account with them which I haven't used for over 6 months. They automatically started deducting $15 a month for "dormant" fees since the account hasn't been used for that long.

Pretty stupid if you ask me, I have an account with Chase, San Mateo Credit Union and they NEVER deduct anything when an account is not being in used for a certain amount of time.

Switching the Wells Fargo account to credit union this weekend.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing Id like to bring up about the ATM's & WF. Back when I had a checking account with them they would charge you if you didn't use their ATM on top of the ATM fee on the machine you were using.

I love my credit union ( http://www.knbfcu.com/ )
They have a contract with 7-11 & every credit unions ATM's so I never have to pay to pull money out. [patriot]

Just the last week I went to pay off a credit card at WF & was told I could only pay with cash, a cash advance or use THEIR ATM and he back in line. I couldn't make a payment with my credit unions Visa Debit Card. [BS flag]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive had wells fargo for 6 years, anytime ive ever had a concern or anything i call or go in and they have always made it right, so i have no problems with them, bofa and us bank suck, they charged me for everything, one time with bofa i was out with my fam for a bday party and used my card at 2:30am on fri morning but i geuss my direct deposit hadnt posted yet and they charged me a $20 overdraft fee

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Blown_gt
¯
Member # 10698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown_gt  Ford pictures for Blown_gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
Bofa ftw

Yup they're everywhere where I'm from wich makes it much easier for me to withdraw money when i need to.
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wells Fargo bank... [Whoo Whooooo!] worked for them for a few years and have been banking with them for 12 years it had been nothing but good.. All in all you just have to know what your bank has to offer and understand there operations..

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com