Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Past due registration?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Past due registration?
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Found a decent roller coupe locally but it's almost 7 years out of registration which is close to the limit till it drops out the DMV system.
What would you guys do in this situation? 500 dollar roller with 6+ years of fees. I spoke with the owner and he brought up that I could just take my time building it and by the time I'm done it would be out the system then I could just go register it under my name or would you pay the fees and all and just get it over with?
Let me know what experience you guys have had with this type of stuff. Thanks cafords

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the nicer u are to them they might let u sign a statement of facts paper allowing u a bit of discount.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
the nicer u are to them they might let u sign a statement of facts paper allowing u a bit of discount.

Duncan what's that all about? If you still got my number hit me up I could use the help

--------------------
King Lx

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/renewalForm.do

--------------------
91' Notch

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just buy it and let it fall out of the system and then register it

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
new phone buddy lol i upgraded from metros ori og to a 2002 model lol. umm a statement of facts is a amendment paper on why dmv is allowing u a price break for there financial records so to speak. the nicer u are they can and will bend some for u, its totally up to them if they feel like givin u a break, gd luck. there is a lady down here that is pretty sweet on me that always normally hooks it up a bit, if our schedules meet i can see what we can do. but as for the notch congrats! there hard to find now, i havent found a one for under a grand in a while in any condition.
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

its not a bad idea to buy it and let it fall off like mentioned above, but dont think just cause it was last registered it will fall off 7 years from the reg date. if anybody has ever called on it,,,, if any dvm person simply looked at the file for any body inquiring about the vehicle it automatically updated the car on file as well.
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just went through this with my 88 Coupe hadnt been registrated since 2002 and it didn't fall out of the system, $800 in back fees.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Lee I remember your situation and I know who to call I think me you and Duncan all know the same person lol. But I'm going to check it out this week and discuss it all with the owner

--------------------
King Lx

Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck I paid $651 for my 90 coupe

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what year mustang? my 67 was out of the books for 8 years, i had the previous owner write me a statement of facts saying that its been sitting at MY storage since then ( they dont check ) and the teller simply went into the back, saw that it was a classic and bam, signed me off. paid 150 bucks to register, transfer it, and have a title reprinted.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
elsilerjr
¯
Member # 12811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for elsilerjr  Ford pictures for elsilerjr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought my buddies 87 off him for cheap he said it was on non op but it wasnt, it has 722$ in back fees from 2007-8. Iv heard from 5 people tho that there was a new dmv law just put in to play that the new owner isn't responsible for back fees anymore but i havent gone back to dmv to ask
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think stuff "falls out of the system" any more. I bought a Honda Scooter from a buddy that hadn't been on the road since '96. It was still in the system when I went to register it in '11. Like Duncan Motors said, if you're really nice to them, they'll sometimes work some magic for you. Go to a smaller office in a rural area. They're more apt to be more helpful than going to a busy office like Walnut Creek or Hayward.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ok so ill look into this statement if fact business and talk with the owner. Cool guy and we have a mutual friend so who knows?!

--------------------
King Lx

TopNotchCoupe707
¯
Member # 9740

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotchCoupe707  Ford pictures for TopNotchCoupe707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy that is a tow truck driver said his wife said they don't fall off no more she just retired from dmv she use to hook it up it sucks

--------------------
As I lay rubber down the street, traction i pray to keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride!!

Posts: 274 | From: sac 2 vallejo | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I had my 87 and went to ask about reg in stockton they said it doesnt drop out of the system anymore... good luck!

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's all up to the person at the DMV who is helping you. My vert was last registered in 2010 N it had a pretty good amount N back fees N they simply dropped them N just charged to register it.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
WhiteMagicMerc
¯
Member # 4664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteMagicMerc  Ford pictures for WhiteMagicMerc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am having the same problem with my car I just got. I have $733 back fees and it hasn't be registered since 1996 and it's still in the system. So any help would be great as well. I haven't registered it yet hoping it would drop but it sounds like it won't.

[ 2013-04-26, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: 9D Black Magic ]

--------------------
~ Les~
157 HP @ 4200 RPM
240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM
"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power
1320 in 20 Mins
Capri: Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

Ric88Notch
¯
Member # 11660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric88Notch  Ford pictures for Ric88Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have that problem with a 70 Chevelle. It has $957 in back fees
Hasn't been registered since 99

--------------------
2013 Black GT

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Falling out of the system and losing all fees n living happily ever after is a MYTH

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Falling out of the system and losing all fees n living happily ever after is a MYTH

Lol I know I know but it's a 89 coupe that's just a shittin deal I was told the fees are like 5-600

--------------------
King Lx

StangCity510
¯
Member # 11711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangCity510  Ford pictures for StangCity510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothings getting dropped out hahaha my 93 hasn't been reg since 04 dmv wants 700.

--------------------
will work for stangs

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Went to go see the car and its clean doesn't need much complete interior white paint power windows and locks but the lower radiator support is bent up from I guess someone jacking it up from there. Anyone ever fix that or just not trip off it? It's bent up and towards the front but its just the middle the bend doesn't reach the rubber mounts

--------------------
King Lx

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just go to DMV and hope u get a nice person like my son & I got . Hot older women who took it from 751.00 down to 200.00 . THAT WAS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com