Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » hey guys check out my drifting mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hey guys check out my drifting mustang
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its in the drifting section of course on video if u want take a peak and tell me what u think!! pretty much all the common road race suspension we all use, spring rate, shocks,stock sway bar, etc,,,,, just my steering angle mods with a street stly alignment, not even a drift alignment an only 1 1/4 camber. lots of fun, but addicting. drive to the track and home, been to Stockton WAS MY FIRST EVENT ONLY LIKE MONTHS AGO LOL. drifting at some event, thunder hill once with not much coverage cause the video is advertising some friends of mine team but im duncan motors lol, and maybe 4 Wednesday nights, not much practice but having loads of fun!!! got up to 130 or 140 and stable like my corvette or better! vette is completely stock though lol. have a gd day, all criticism is great!!! cause im giving the nay sayers something to chew on LMAO.

any info just ask!!!! cause the steering advantage makes thE mustang completely a better handling and steering car, even road racing on thunder hill with street tires was completely drivable and handle able beyond my expectations, if it did come out from under me i was able to stay floored or on the gas the same and just steer out of it. the car has a lot of power! 357 with 20o ported senior heads moves this car, with just rolling on the gas, breaking loose in third, with minimal effort.so keep that in mind with corner carvers. the car is not underpowered to think it doesnt break loose in turn easily and still the corners where most would have to be care full i do not. GREAT UPGRADE!!!!

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yooooo dude I hella wanna learn was it difficult?
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know how to explain if its difficult,,,, its not something u can just do automatically i guess,,,, if you are burning rubber going strait and have to counter steer cause the ass end is kicking it side ways and u like that feeling of looseness or unstable but controlled feeling? then u have already drifted lol. you will do just fine! i think drag guys dont like that feeling so they do all that they can to not spin and try to make it hook,fi your that guy then this sport might not be for u lol.
i personally used to buy 100 dollar buckets as a kid and go drive them literally into the dirt in a big field over here in vallejo before Costco was built. jumped a 78 camaro over a 74 full size truck once or twice lol, we used to put tires or cones and make a lil track out of a small group of friends and take our lil buckets and just try to keep it sideways around our mini track so to say, try to fly around out of control with out spinning around our lil self made race track lol. dirt and going fast is awesome lol. so in a way i have some experience driving side ways but really if u enjoy it yes u will do gd. anything u like to do u you will pick it up sooner or later.

when i first tried on the Stockton track i sucked,,, wasn't sure if it was the helmet with my super quite exhaust was a problem not being able hear my motor for rpm reference of control, or just being 15 years later lol. but i haven't changed a thing to the car but wearing a dirt bike helmet where i can now hear the motor. in drifting your main steering or keeping stable is throttle control. i do ok or better now, so im sure refreshing up on experience and a better listening helmet have both helped for sure lol, before i couldn't hear my motor till it reached 4ooo rpm and then it would send the tires up in smoke and was hard top hang on too.

[ 2013-04-25, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Motors ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd start off with drift donuts to get the hang of it. Swang to the left to the right and just keep burning gas and tires and you'll get the hang of it.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smooth drifting! Nobody drifts in verts out there?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good drift!
Can we see Pics of the fox?
Thanks

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Real smooth, what kind of power are you pushing to wheels. and what size rear tires?
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks fun as hell. You look pretty good out there too man.Me and my boys are planning to build a drift fox soon and start practicing. Look out vaughn gittin jr we're coming for your sponsorship lol.

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like a blast wish they had a course like thunder hill in Sacramento ... Nice vids also!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

there was a guy in a convertable, him and his brother where taking turns on the skid pad, lol it was there first time and i think there addicted now as well. i got a lot of power with a semi built windsor, in drifting power is gd but when your side ways it really doesnt take much power to keep it that way. man dan u should find a spot where 50 reasons can hold something like that, rent a parking lot for a day, a abandoned air port or sumething lol, the sport is growing fast to get in now would be great, if u could find a dedicated spot up there so get in now!!! could be a doughnut or drift day event i bet i could bring over 50 drivers for sure with enough notice, every one i met or has thrown on a event has been packed!!!! 40 to 80 dollar a head to drift all day other than at a full race track is awesome! i think thunder hill was 150 only cause i didnt register on line, but that was worth it also! so u do the math!! not that theres not already mustangs out there but its nice to open up the mustang roaming grounds a bit lol.

drifting does put abnormal twist on your chassis, so for instance my car is fully stitched welded and has numerous chassis bracing add ons, torque box stiffeners is a must, im putting in a roll bar in next week and some strut tower braces as well,i make all my own parts on everything! lol cause this sport can get expensive like any dedicated car sport but to me has the most fun of any car sport ive been in.

iSTUNT707
¯
Member # 11430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iSTUNT707  Ford pictures for iSTUNT707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yo duncan is this the motor u wouldent sell me lol

--------------------
"toooouchdown RAIDERS!".....greg papa

Posts: 170 | From: fairfield/vallejo/cordelia | Registered: Nov 2011  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

lol naw thats going in a soley drift car here at the shop. the car in a the vid is a 351 nicely built by myself. and i would sell it u just dont wanna pay what i want for it lol
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know of a air port but it would be expensive to rent I bet I will look into it

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

man please do !!!!!!!!!!! could be a car show, doughnut day, drift day, bike and stunt show, all wrapped in one, me and a friend are going to rent the local fairgrounds here real soon and do this exact thing. everybody here is invited and will get a gd discount for being a ca ford douche bag lol jk.i got all the stunt bike guys, doughnut guys and drift guys, and the hairy legged women, not many car show guys but u do!!!! lol lets do this!!
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol u suck but U kept it lit. I need to get out there at least once, looks hell fun [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Brock_Samson
¯
Member # 12359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock_Samson  Ford pictures for Brock_Samson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this a thread for a thread?

--------------------
I Powder coat shyt..
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=057635

Posts: 138 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

lots of fun, its a real car sport that anybody can do, hone your skills gd! nice friendly crowd with lots of cute chicks hop skippin around!!!! and u get to give the car the business with out any worries lol, yeah this thread is to direct u to the drift road race area so to not show possible side show vids in the gen talk spot lol. u dont have to drift u can just run the course how ever u see fit just as long u take the same amount of time as everyone else on the track so everybody has a fair share of turns.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com