Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Class A truck schools??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Class A truck schools??
kerry's 50
¯
Member # 9266

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerry's 50  Ford pictures for kerry's 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know where the cheapest school in the east bay or Tracy area? I'm looking to get into the trucking industry.

--------------------
R.I.P 96 GT
1994 Gt sold
1989 Notch sold
1989 Notch sold
1994 GT/Cobra clone in progress-sold
1988 ssp 306 h/c/i soon to be charged

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know about cheapest because they all seem to be 3-5K but my Dad and a buddy both went to Western and they said it was legit and also good job placement.

Also, Swift does a program where you pay for their training then they pay you back for the school if you work for them for a set period of time,their closest school is in AZ though, and England does it too but I have heard more positives about Swift then England.

Hope you get what you are looking for.

[ 2013-04-25, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A1 truck driving school in Hayward, by industrial I think it was 2k my boy I think just finished or is about to. Im a truck driver myself what are you looking to do states or locally?
2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Years ago local pick up and delivery trucking company's like Viking freight (now FedEx freight),CWX freight in Hayward and a bunch others trained guys that worked for them on the dock for free. Check with the local pick up and delivery companies here in the bay area to see if they still train for class A licenses.

[ 2013-04-25, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: 2Foxes2Five0Coupes ]

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try precision trucking in Oakland that's where I got mine 8 years ago

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most trucking company's have inhouse training and will pay the cost as long as you work for the company at least one yr in most cases.. In about a months time you'll be doing otr training across the U.S.

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
kerry's 50
¯
Member # 9266

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerry's 50  Ford pictures for kerry's 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good looking everybody. I'm not looking to work for anyone. I have a job lined up. I'm trying to stay local. There's one rite by moss dale landing off the 5 that quoted me 1500 and he sounded negotiable too. Looks like a mom and pops outfit. But that's all I really need. Just some time behind the wheel. I've been driving bobtails for 13yrs now so I'm pretty comfortable on the road. Thanks for all the input.

--------------------
R.I.P 96 GT
1994 Gt sold
1989 Notch sold
1989 Notch sold

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wait for tomato season panela trucking will train you for free or you can do what I did go get a cdl book read it front to back,back to front. go to DMV take your written test for air brakes,tank,doubles/triples or what you think you will need then call a truck school and tell them you only need the road part that cost me 500 bucks 13 years ago

P.S
{cool a burning tire with water} that will be on your test

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
kerry's 50
¯
Member # 9266

That sounds more like what I need.

--------------------
R.I.P 96 GT
1994 Gt sold
1989 Notch sold
1989 Notch sold

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com