Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » pics from my roadtrip to Knotts

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pics from my roadtrip to Knotts
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drove out from Phoenix on Friday. decided to take a more scenic route with the wife. went to the Salton Sea and out to Oceanside by way of highway 79 and 76. awesome scenery and great roads. here are some pics i took on the deserted road out to the Salton Sea. Picture "Hills Have Eyes" lol
drove over 700 miles in 3 days and got 20+mpg!
enjoy:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ 2013-04-22, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: drews50 ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

-

-

-
 -

[ 2013-04-22, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: drews50 ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

79stanggt
¯
Member # 11197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 79stanggt  Ford pictures for 79stanggt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn u guys drove way out there by coachella n Palm Springs huh I bet it was really hot out there
Posts: 168 | From: atwater ca | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Bulkster90
¯
Member # 11621

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulkster90  Ford pictures for Bulkster90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pictures.. Digging 4,6,7
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome pics! '67-'68's are the best looking coupes. Nice to see a nice original car like that too.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Vallejo707
¯
Member # 10296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vallejo707  Ford pictures for Vallejo707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was like,why did you take a pic of a chrysler . then i saw the reflection on the car lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
PS3 Game Tag: BeAsVtown
Sold: 2007 Yamaha R6 "Candy"
Sold: 1989 Mustang Vert
Current: 2012 Mustang 5.0

Posts: 799 | From: Vallejo,Ca | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
thrashed
¯
Member # 9752

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for thrashed  Ford pictures for thrashed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beautiful car and awesome that you drove it out!
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
damn u guys drove way out there by coachella n Palm Springs huh I bet it was really hot out there
it wasn't too bad, we made it to the upper elevations before it got too bad. the drive back yesterday along the 10 was the worst.

quote:
Nice pictures.. Digging 4,6,7
Thanks man, that was literally along the road we were driving. two cars passed me in the 30 miles i was on that road and i was passed by one car! i just stopped at two different times and just took some pics lol

quote:
Awesome pics! '67-'68's are the best looking coupes. Nice to see a nice original car like that too
Thanks! i agree completely! and i'm not baised or anything [Wink]

quote:
i was like,why did you take a pic of a chrysler . then i saw the reflection on the car lol
lol yeah we were in a traffic jam going to a chck point and i just couldn't stop staring at the reflection. the dude prolly thought i thought he was cute lol

quote:
Beautiful car and awesome that you drove it out!
thanks man! yeah i can't believe the amount of people that were amazed we did that. i was like why have a car if you don't drive it?

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice car! i was right there with my buddy Joe's fastback next to you!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:

JoePolo's fastback? did we meet?

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by drews50:
quote:

yeah JoePolo! No we didn't meet though. I was with Jason in his fastback for a bit but we left early! lot of good looking cars this year though!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah JoePolo! No we didn't meet though. I was with Jason in his fastback for a bit but we left early! lot of good looking cars this year though!
shit, that woulda been cool to meet another cafords member. Jason and his girl was hanging around our cars too, as well as the tire god Manny!
yeah it was def. a fun time. little hot and our feet were hella sore from walking all over Disney the day before but good time nonetheless.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

shit, that woulda been cool to meet another cafords member. Jason and his girl was hanging around our cars too, as well as the tire god Manny!
yeah it was def. a fun time. little hot and our feet were hella sore from walking all over Disney the day before but good time nonetheless.

manny is a good dude! does all the alignments on our race car! Team Temporary in the house! ask him next time haha. That is funny though, we there at disneyland all day Saturday too! Next time I'll have to find ya and introduce myself!

www.facebook.com/TeamTemporary that is the car i crew on and Manny helps setup!

Jason.

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

manny is a good dude! does all the alignments on our race car! Team Temporary in the house! ask him next time haha. That is funny though, we there at disneyland all day Saturday too! Next time I'll have to find ya and introduce myself!

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/TeamTemporary" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.facebook.com/TeamTemporary</a> that is the car i crew on and Manny helps setup!

Jason.

haha small world! were you wearing any SF gear? i swear i saw more giants and warriors fans there then silly LA fans!
and i seem to remember seeing that car in the past. she scoots!
and i'm going to be in town for 4th of July, we should get a meat together!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

jayl
¯
Member # 185

nah just plain old black shirt haha. that would be cool though! we are always around doing something car related usually. I'll see ya!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com