Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » damn I had over 15 private messages about free pitbulls

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: damn I had over 15 private messages about free pitbulls
pointboi
¯
Member # 7733

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for pointboi  Ford pictures for pointboi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry guys only had 4 pitbull$ and they are gone
next time I'll put a prize up

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by pointboi:
sorry guys only had 4 pitbull$ and they are gone
next time I'll put a prize up

with a prize I bet you get 30 PMs
Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not at all surprised you had so many reply's
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard theres a bunch of pitbulls in the shelter up here in Grass Valley and a couple of days ago they found a box full of puppies on the side of the road so if people are still interested in getting a pitbull or a puppy come up to GV and give a dog a home

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.theunion.com/news/6027141-113/puppies-animal-road-shelter

A good Samaritan who stopped to investigate a cardboard box by the side of the road ended up rescuing seven puppies that apparently had been dumped there.

He also found two puppies that had been run over and were dead, according to Sammie’s Friends founder Cheryl Wicks.

The “very nice” man scooped up the survivors and brought them to the Sammie’s Friends-run animal shelter Monday afternoon, Wicks said.

The puppies appear to be 5 to 6 weeks old and were at least partially weaned, she said.

“Some look like boxers, one looks like a rottweiler — they are a little bit of everything,” Wicks said. “One is so stinking cute — he’s black and white, like a border collie, maybe with a little pit bull.”

The puppies were in fairly good condition but seemed extremely hungry, she added, saying, “They gobbled their food up.”

Wicks speculated that whoever dumped them did not bring them to the animal shelter because they didn’t want to answer any questions about them.

“If someone has the mama, we’d love it if they came forward,” she said, adding that the shelter would pay to have her spayed.

Wicks added that Sammie’s Friends will gladly accept donations to help pay for the food and medical care for the puppies. Anyone interested in making a donation, or who has information about the puppies, can call the shelter at 530-471-5041.

Local animal activists are stepping forward to start a fund in the hopes that Animal Control will be able to start an investigation with the public’s tips.

Susan Wallace of Scooter’s Pals has offered a reward of $100 to the person who provides information to bring about the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who dumped the puppies on Jones Ridge Road near Greenhorn Road.

A private reward fund has been set up; donations can be sent to Tri-Counties Bank, 11362 Pleasant Valley Road, Penn Valley. The account is under Kristi Soholt: Animal Reward Fund; people can also contribute through Paypal starting on Friday via animalrewardfund@yahoo.com.

The plan will be to disburse the funds if the person is caught and convicted, Soholt wrote in an email to The Union.

If the funds are never used, then they will be retained for rewards to be offered in future Nevada County animal cruelty cases.

This fund will become a nonprofit at a time in the near future, Soholt said.

To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, e-mail lkellar@theunion.com or call 530-477-4229.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com