Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Stolen plates

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Stolen plates
SS_Super_Stang
¯
Member # 11510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SS_Super_Stang  Ford pictures for SS_Super_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I bought this cobra couple weeks ago and couple days ago some dumb ass decided to steal the plates of the car I haven't registered it under my name. What are the chances of them giving me a new set of plates when I reg. since I'm not gona have the smog. Reg expires till September?

--------------------
94 cobra

dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to get new plates its around 20$ just say there stolen they will give u a sticker too

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And you have to file a police report.... hope you already reported them.its not fun clearing up fast track / parking tickets. You get plates the same day

[ 2013-04-11, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: phonso302 ]

SS_Super_Stang
¯
Member # 11510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SS_Super_Stang  Ford pictures for SS_Super_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I reported them the same night( call the San Pablo pd at 11 pm didn't show up till 2am). The thing is that the car is not under my name yet you think they're gona make me wait till I complete registration with smog Or would they give me the plates.

--------------------
94 cobra

BucketNotch
¯
Member # 10673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BucketNotch  Ford pictures for BucketNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea ur most likely gona have to smog n transfer to ur name in order to get ur new plates plus new tags, unless u get the previous owner to do it for you. Then he can just go in an get the new plates. But if he already turned in the realease if liability/intrest form, it may bring up some complications

--------------------
91 Coupe, under construction!

Posts: 55 | From: east bay 510 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com