Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody know people faking their disability??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody know people faking their disability??
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ha saw this idiot who solicited donations of over 20k for being apparently a paraplegic. Story here http://www.diablowned.com/

I think about 25% of the people that use the handicap carts at Walmart are truly disabled, the rest are just fat or lazy to actually have to walk around.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Ford-o-Matic
¯
Member # 11592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford-o-Matic  Ford pictures for Ford-o-Matic    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just watched a show on this...there are so many people out there who fake injuries, disabilities ext. Crazy
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm often amazed at how nimble a lot of people are that use handicap parking spaces. Maybe the sticker belongs to someone in their family but they seem very comfortable using it anyway.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
handouts are so easy to get nowadays, its disgusting. yet people are HAPPY living like this. Zero ambition.

I think a thread called "How many people actually spent their college grants on school related necessities" would be a really fun topic. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
wcs1993
¯
Member # 11111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wcs1993  Ford pictures for wcs1993    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
I'm often amazed at how nimble a lot of people are that use handicap parking spaces. Maybe the sticker belongs to someone in their family but they seem very comfortable using it anyway.

I thought the same thing, until I was injured. I am a disabled vet, and have had two back surgeries. I often do not look like I have an issue, however I am always in pain, sometimes more than others. I had a VERY hard time parking in disabled spaces, because I was worried about taking some older ladies spot or someone that was worse off than myself. However, because I use the spot when I am in a lot of pain, it does help me. Just saying, sometimes looks can be deceiving. I do agree that there is a lot of abuse however.

--------------------
93 EX CHP - Terminator swap, full MM
66 Convert 4spd, A code
03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
15 Ecoboost Fusion
98 SVT Contour
07 Expedition Limited

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is not the only jacked up thing he did. 2 months ago he was caught with a bot program (cheating) on his live stream. His account get's banned from Diablo 3 and he cries saying he was hacked. He was able to get $500 worth of donations to build his character and the twitch followers noticed the absurd amount of gold and experience points he got within 2 days could only be done through botting. In order to divert attention from this he gave away the gold and gear he fold through cheating as a way to give back to the community.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im disabled and have a handi man placard and license plate. I had my left leg nearly torn off below the knee. I used the parking space all the time when I was in a wheel chair. Now I just use it if its ridiculously far to walk because I can walk and I limp bad, but it does hurt to walk far or for long distances but the short burst you just get used to it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ride in the carts at walmart because it's fun and they have like 50 of them....

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what's the most messed up when you find someone cheating the system, is that there are really injured and disabled people out there that do need the parking spot and do need to use the cart. But when you see someone who's fat thats just using the carts because they dont want to walk is sickening. Then there's the people who collect disability and continue to work on the side. I know a couple of those people out there, taking advantage of the system on our dime.

--------------------

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Thats what's the most messed up when you find someone cheating the system, is that there are really injured and disabled people out there that do need the parking spot and do need to use the cart. But when you see someone who's fat thats just using the carts because they dont want to walk is sickening. Then there's the people who collect disability and continue to work on the side. I know a couple of those people out there, taking advantage of the system on our dime.

I think you probably should get a life...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
quote:

Why? He is 100% right.. Did you misqoute someone?

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
quote:

I'll try, try not to sit your poor excuse of a life in one of those carts unless you're truly disabled. Other than being mentally disabled.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com