Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » R U Faster than a Redneck...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: R U Faster than a Redneck...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone watch this show? i just turned it on, on the speed channel and its pretty funny and cool so far. Rice against American Muscle on a road course and the host is a redneck and makes fun of the Rice drivers lol.

[ 2013-04-08, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Host annoys me deeply. I hate the faces he makes when the "rednecks" start they're vehicles. And they seem to love 4,000 pound cars for the road course.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they needa put mike maier on this show

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Arch:
Host annoys me deeply. I hate the faces he makes when the "rednecks" start they're vehicles. And they seem to love 4,000 pound cars for the road course.

LOL i laughed.
The 2 cars that just raced were only 200lbs difference and that could have been the driver lol.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
they needa put mike maier on this show

+1
I think Mike & Mary Posie would smash on nearly every single person on that show...... He'll let Bill Maier go out there and beat up on rice too. [burnout]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:

LOL i laughed.
The 2 cars that just raced were only 200lbs difference and that could have been the driver lol.

Sometimes they get a good race in. I still watch the show. Anybody see the pinks right before that with the bat shit crazy lady driving an AMC Pacer with a 2010 vette motor. She won the whole thing. Lol.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL i laughed.

Sometimes they get a good race in. I still watch the show. Anybody see the pinks right before that with the bat shit crazy lady driving an AMC Pacer with a 2010 vette motor. She won the whole thing. Lol.
you just watch the episode now? That 70 Camaro ATE that S2000. When they got in the straight away did you see how fast that Camaro left that Honda?! That thing had no balls to catch that Camaro.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might be the only one but I think it would be better if it was drag.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL i laughed.

you just watch the episode now? That 70 Camaro ATE that S2000. When they got in the straight away did you see how fast that Camaro left that Honda?! That thing had no balls to catch that Camaro.
Tuned out for dinner time. Sometimes I wonder about they're HP numbers. I wonder if they actually dyno these cars.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that show is hella funny
Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of it is stage'd, there is no way some of those imports would do that good, not to mention some of claimed numbers are off on the American cars. Mike and Mary would do good if it was an autocross, road course not so much.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Notice that the majority of the Rednecks are just obese to the point where their belly is being crushed by the steering wheel.
Most of them loose because they can't maneuver their fat ass arms to fully manipulate the steering wheel.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
TopNotchCoupe707
¯
Member # 9740

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotchCoupe707  Ford pictures for TopNotchCoupe707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just finished watching it it was funny as shit

--------------------
As I lay rubber down the street, traction i pray to keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride!!

Posts: 274 | From: sac 2 vallejo | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
Originally posted by BLK35th:
Notice that the majority of the Rednecks are just obese to the point where their belly is being crushed by the steering wheel.
Most of them loose because they can't maneuver their fat ass arms to fully manipulate the steering wheel.

Lol my 300 lb ass maneuvers my arms around the wheel fine.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ftw

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The front suspension coming off my car, is what's used on the yellow and burgundy mustangs on the show. If anyone is interested.
DeeSVT
¯
Member # 6720

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for DeeSVT  Ford pictures for DeeSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This show is garbage the host makes the show terrible. [Embarrassed]

[ 2013-04-09, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: DeeSVT ]

--------------------
Savage Habits!
97 cobra

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DeeSVT:
This show is garbage the host makes the show terrible. [Embarrassed]

This Guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGh-Rw0jU0

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like it because its not another NASCAR talk show on speed. I like the muscle cars too, they just need better drivers. I think the host will get better over time if the show sticks.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
I like it because its not another NASCAR talk show on speed. I like the muscle cars too, they just need better drivers. I think the host will get better over time if the show sticks.

Yeah I kinda have to agree to somewhat. it is coo to see some of those cars.

a lot of the show has to be staged because there are a few of those cars that run on the American Street Car Series and they are serious rigs, not to mention about 2 or 3 of the guys are actual race caliber drivers.

Brian Finch and Kyle Tucker for instance are excellent drivers and in their own cars a pretty unstoppable most days.

so to some extent the driving has to be staged too. losing to the GT-R was pretty legit. I can agree the host is annoying, and they need to get some of the Car specs correct.

More racing and less Rednecking would be a lot better.

Just_a_GT
¯
Member # 10372

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Just_a_GT  Ford pictures for Just_a_GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I give it thumbs up. its comedy and theres some nice rides on there. Some of them rednecks always lose it on the first turn though show is a bit tacky but i dont mind watching it. seems like that red mustang with the terminator engine is always getting beat lol

Forgot to mention they are always drinking beer [dance]

[ 2013-04-10, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Killer Stang ]

--------------------
1990 GT 308 edelbrock alum heads Daily driver
2000 GT CAMMED 281ci

Posts: 697 | From: Winton, CA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Just_a_GT
¯
Member # 10372

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for Just_a_GT  Ford pictures for Just_a_GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DP

[ 2013-04-10, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Killer Stang ]

--------------------
1990 GT 308 edelbrock alum heads Daily driver
2000 GT CAMMED 281ci

Posts: 697 | From: Winton, CA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:

Yeah I kinda have to agree to somewhat. it is coo to see some of those cars.

a lot of the show has to be staged because there are a few of those cars that run on the American Street Car Series and they are serious rigs, not to mention about 2 or 3 of the guys are actual race caliber drivers.

Brian Finch and Kyle Tucker for instance are excellent drivers and in their own cars a pretty unstoppable most days.

so to some extent the driving has to be staged too. losing to the GT-R was pretty legit. I can agree the host is annoying, and they need to get some of the Car specs correct.

More racing and less Rednecking would be a lot better.

I'm sure your right. I've only seen 2-3 shows and each time they go into the corners too hot and then end up spinning in the dirt and losing. I'm sure they mix up driver skills too. Gotta keep it somewhat exciting.
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the preview for it, so I looked it up on demand. I love the show so far, but the format if unchanged might get boring quickly. Same cars, same divers over and over. Not only that but one episode the bullit had a 331, then the next it had a 347... which is it guys?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com