Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Vintage plates

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Vintage plates
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anyone has a classic, but they want vintage plates here's your chance to get vintage plates...

The DMV needs 7500 applications by January 1, 2015 in order for people to get these plates... For more information check out the link below...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel12/2012_20.htm

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What if they get them way before that do we get them quicker?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No idea, I'm just passing the info on...

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There not the og plates I will pass
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm already an og blue plate but I love the chance

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50 bucks and you don't get the plate until 2015, sounds like a scam.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
50 bucks and you don't get the plate until 2015, sounds like a scam.

I don't think it's a scam... I heard about it from another forum, then once more on the news...

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know a guy who got a personalized plate with the same characters and numbers an original blue and yellow plate that he has. He just runs the blue and yellow and has never had an issue. If it gets run, it still comes back to him. He could get a ticket for not having a the right plate on technically I suppose, but he's been pulled over with it on and no issues about his plate came up.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my black and yellow OG plates finally. It was a hassle with the DMV but they're on [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are these plates only for 50, 60 or 70s cars?

edit...good for any year vehicle [Cool]

[ 2013-04-01, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
I got my black and yellow OG plates finally. It was a hassle with the DMV but they're on [patriot]

so the dmv doesnt need 7500 orders in by january 2015 in order for the orders to be completed and sent out? because it doent look like they have 7500 orders in according to the dmv website...or do you mean you received the original type black plates with out the gloss?
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:

so the dmv doesnt need 7500 orders in by january 2015 in order for the orders to be completed and sent out? because it doent look like they have 7500 orders in according to the dmv website...or do you mean you received the original type black plates with out the gloss?
I bought some old black and yellow plates from a guy I've seen at car shows. The plates were clear and I just had to go to DMV. I'm not sure how the new ones are going to work man. But yea they're the original style ones.

[ 2013-04-01, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: 66_5.0 ]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

ahhhh i see lol yea my buddy with a 63 nova has to jump thru alot of hoops to get that black and yellow original plate assigned to his car...he found the plate at good guys car show, but hes still in the process...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
ahhhh i see lol yea my buddy with a 63 nova has to jump thru alot of hoops to get that black and yellow original plate assigned to his car...he found the plate at good guys car show, but hes still in the process...

Yea man it is a PAIN! At least for me it was. I hate the DMV. Lol

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Brock_Samson
¯
Member # 12359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock_Samson  Ford pictures for Brock_Samson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well..... Theres that way..

But... If you bring me your plates i know how to make them "vintage" blue n yellow and or black n yellow..

Sneaky sneaky like...

Posts: 138 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Brock_Samson:
Well..... Theres that way..

But... If you bring me your plates i know how to make them "vintage" blue n yellow and or black n yellow..

Sneaky sneaky like...

o you just paint them? what about the lettering format

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

Brock_Samson
¯
Member # 12359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock_Samson  Ford pictures for Brock_Samson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well with powder coating its as simple as dusting off the letters before bake.

Ahhh ive said to much already shhh...

--------------------
I Powder coat shyt..
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=057635

Posts: 138 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com