Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wrongly Accused of a HOV Ticket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wrongly Accused of a HOV Ticket
92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People I recommend you to invest in a nice DASHCAM because after this happened I know I am. you never know when your going to get fucked over with a ticket by the CHP.

This morning I got accused of going on the Carpool lane by chp(honest to god I wasnt)
She was infront of me when she said she had seen me.She said she recognized my head lights(I was driving my non ricer DD 94 Honda civic) .I told her that she made a mistake and it wasn't me the one who was on the Carpool lane.She then told me if I was calling her a liar" I told her no but you made a mistake.As much as I tried to convince her she dint budge and continue on citing me with a ticket.

I can go to court and try to fight it but its going to be my word against her's....Hmm i wonder who the judge is going to believe.

Hopefully they atleast give me the option on going to traffic school so this won't go on my record.I've already gone to traffic school this year for a camera light ticket I got for not making a complete stop.

I've honestly been trying to keep my nose clean and obey all traffic laws. This is the first time I've ever got wrongly accused of a traffic ticket and it sucks to know I'm going to cash out around 500 bucks for something I did not do.

I don't want anyone feeling defenseless over the voice of the law like I did today so I suggest you guys get a dash cam so this type of issue doesn't happen to you.

[ December 28, 2012, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: 92sleeperGT ]

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
StangCity510
¯
Member # 11711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangCity510  Ford pictures for StangCity510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that's messed up. Hopefully they don't show. I payed 500 buckz also but I actually was in the carpool lane hahaha I almost lost chp in traffic on he freeway. He actually told me he lost me for a second hahaha. Still got a ticket though.

--------------------
will work for stangs

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I dont have any advice to give on fighting the ticket because it is your word against theirs. Can you at least ask the judge that she provides evidence from her dash cam?

GoPros are awesome when you need to fight a ticket and catching crazy shit while driving, because you never know what you're going to come across.. thinking I should get one.

[ December 28, 2012, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: uh0h50 ]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have two witnesses come in and testify on your behalf say they were following you if she's gonna lie you might as well to ..oh if you have two witnesses its 2 against one I seen it on a fishing ticket guy got out of a 800 ticket cause he had two witnesses lied for him ,cop looked mad but judge ruled in the guys favor... Other wise be prepaired to be bent over just sayin

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The best you can do is show up to court & Just Explain to the Judge she picked the wrong head lights. Nobody is perfect & That's not good enough evidence to get you in court. Judge ask the officer did you actually see him or you guessed because of some standard headlights that pass by prob 20 alike in 2 min?? You never know what can happen. It's worth $500 to see the judge.

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
She was probably busy texting or putting on her make up.
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to court, plead not guilty and ask to speak to a public defender, spill you whole story and see what they offer, also ask about getting a private attorney if you can afford one. If you are lucky they will go with a no contest and you're good to go. I'm sure CHiP will show because they bang OT for that.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was sited for a speeding ticket...long story short the sheriff gave his side and i caught him in a lie...so when i gave my side of the story i told the judge that he wasn't right and the sheriff said oh yea that's possible and i still was fined....fuck the police

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've gotten a HOV ticket before and its not a point on your record.

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DP [Frown]

[ December 29, 2012, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: 98 ROUSH ]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

It may not be a DMV point, but it WILL affect your insurance premiums. Insurance companies underwrite and surcharge for HOV violations.
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell em you were in the HOV lane but you also weren't muthafuckin driving though.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
gq916
¯
Member # 8540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gq916  Ford pictures for gq916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to hear that..it sucks how some cops can give you a ticket without being 100% sure. my brother got a seat belt ticket in modesto this year..he had his headset sitting on his left shoulder and grabbed it with his right hand as he was crossing an intersection and the cop pulled him over and told him he didnt have his seat belt on and he saw him try to put it on as he was driving..my brother tried to tell the cop that he was trying to grab his headset and not the seat belt but the cop wouldnt listen..
i guess all the people that lied before killed it for the honest people !!!!

--------------------
Zinc Yellow 2003 Mach1
Maximum Motorsport Suspension

White 1996 Cobra-Sold 3/2013
Tuned by ForceFed
AED Dyno 308rwhp 283rwtq SAE

Posts: 306 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
gq916
¯
Member # 8540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gq916  Ford pictures for gq916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

It may not be a DMV point, but it WILL affect your insurance premiums. Insurance companies underwrite and surcharge for HOV violations.
california law states that tickets like seatbelt tickets and cell phone tickets,etc (not sure about carpool lane tickets) cant count as a point on your record..if its not a point on your record then the insurance company cant legally raise your insurance premiums.

--------------------
Zinc Yellow 2003 Mach1
Maximum Motorsport Suspension

White 1996 Cobra-Sold 3/2013
Tuned by ForceFed
AED Dyno 308rwhp 283rwtq SAE

Posts: 306 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Carpool tickets dont count as a point

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the Advice and thoughts guys.
I'm just going to stick to the truth and tell it to the judge.I'm really hopping the Chp doesn't show up,But we'll see.I'm forsure going to fight it though.
My court date on the ticket says till april 4th so i got till then to see the outcome.
I'll let you guys know how it went when the day comes.

[ December 30, 2012, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: 92sleeperGT ]

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92sleeperGT:
Thanks for the Advice and thoughts guys.
I'm just going to stick to the truth and tell it to the judge.I'm really hopping the sheriff doesn't show up,But we'll see.I'm forsure going to fight it though.
My court date on the ticket says till april 4th so i got till then to see the outcome.
I'll let you guys know how it went when the day comes.

Sheriff or CHP? Top post says CHP this one says Sheriff? Do a trial by written dec first. If you loose, you can still have a real trial.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Easy way to beat it:

Make a poster board with 6 different pictures of headlights for similar cars. Have her pick out your headlights in open court. When she get's it wrong, you win.

Your going to win because your headlights aren't going to be on the board.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gq916:
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

california law states that tickets like seatbelt tickets and cell phone tickets,etc (not sure about carpool lane tickets) cant count as a point on your record..if its not a point on your record then the insurance company cant legally raise your insurance premiums.
EDIT: RE-read it again.

You're correct, seat belt & cell phone tickets aren't surcharged for insurance premiums.

[ December 30, 2012, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
Easy way to beat it:

Make a poster board with 6 different pictures of headlights for similar cars. Have her pick out your headlights in open court. When she get's it wrong, you win.

[worship] [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ What he said. I love fighting tickets and winning, it IS the best damn feeling, when it comes to challenging authority. lol. But challenge that ticket for sure, and NEVER BUDGE when they tell you that your appeal is denied. They will always tell you that your appeal has been denied.

This is the point where you call for video proof from the dash cam of the squad car, and make your neat little poster board. Challenge authority, because the authority is not going to to be right all the time.

Good luck and keep us posted. Fighting this case will take a lot of research on your part. In the letter you right to the "Honorary Judge" of what ever county, you will need to site vehicle codes.

And when you request video proof, make sure you note the squad car # (it should be on the ticket). If there is no squad car #, then that should be another + on your side.

[ December 30, 2012, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: BLK35th ]

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

@ TR1:Sorry i ment Chp.
How can i still have a real trial If i lose dec trial?

quote:
Easy way to beat it:

This is actually a good idea,But how can i get away from my headlights not being on the poster?What if they want to see my car headlights after she has made the mistake?

quote:
Originally posted by BLK35th:
^^^ What he said. I love fighting tickets and winning, it IS the best damn feeling, when it comes to challenging authority. lol. But challenge that ticket for sure, and NEVER BUDGE when they tell you that your appeal is denied. They will always tell you that your appeal has been denied.

This is the point where you call for video proof from the dash cam of the squad car, and make your neat little poster board. Challenge authority, because the authority is not going to to be right all the time.

Good luck and keep us posted. Fighting this case will take a lot of research on your part. In the letter you right to the "Honorary Judge" of what ever county, you will need to site vehicle codes.

And when you request video proof, make sure you note the squad car # (it should be on the ticket). If there is no squad car #, then that should be another + on your side.

I will do all kinds of research and do what ever it takes to win this.I've never fought a ticket before as of I'm guilty on the few that i've gotten.

So can you explain to me more on the letter i'm going to wright the Honorary judge and site vehicle codes?

My knowledge on the system of court,Authority rights are pretty low and this situation is really a wake up call for me to learn them all.

I really appreciate all of your guys help.Any piece of though will do good to try and beat this.

You guys are also more then welcome to Pm me and walk me thru ideas and things that i should concider doing to give them a good fight.

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[qb] Easy way to beat it:

[
easy take 6 pics of 6 different cars same as yours (color model) and block of plates of course hell throw in a different color 1 just for fun lol [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ December 30, 2012, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com