Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » BEWARE: 1998 yellow cobra on CL

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BEWARE: 1998 yellow cobra on CL
1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to the guy before and he wanted to trade it for my 1997 PG cobra. The previous owner VET HNTR told me the car had 190k miles so I backed out. VET HNTR sold/trade the car to the guy from the 707 and now the car is for sale. I text the guy and told him how many miles the car had and he said 90k and I looked at the license plate and they say VET HNTR. I'm not sure if it was VET HUNTR the one the lowerd the miles or the new owner. Just giving you guys a heads up [patriot]

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3500904196.html

-

[ December 26, 2012, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: 1sickGT ]

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what car? the link is deleted..
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe he forgot the 1

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They switch out the dash for one that says less miles i new A feew ppl that did it on hondas that shit is bullshit.

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90fox5.0:
They switch out the dash for one that says less miles i new A feew ppl that did it on hondas that shit is bullshit.

This^ Ive heard of people doin that.
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This off of Stangbangers....

The United States is believed to be the only country in the world that has federal criminal penalties for odometer fraud. It is illegal to reset or alter an odometer with the intent to change mileage or to file a false odometer disclosure statement, federal regulators say. One recent law, the Truth in Mileage Act, requires the seller to disclose the vehicle's mileage on the title when a car's ownership is transferred. The title, the law says, must be printed by a secure process to decrease the possibility of counterfeiting or altering titles.

http://www.stangbangers.com/News_OdometerFraud.htm

[ December 26, 2012, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Marks93 ]

notch306
¯
Member # 12061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notch306  Ford pictures for notch306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is svt javy old car from stockton i believe

--------------------
86 notch

90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup from stockton, we ran them twice went 1-1

clean car w slp exhaust

Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SVT JAVY
¯
Member # 10767

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT JAVY  Ford pictures for SVT JAVY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yump it's my old car..
4.6WPRStang
¯
Member # 8685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6WPRStang  Ford pictures for 4.6WPRStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by notch306:
This is svt javy old car from stockton i believe

Looks just like it

--------------------
96 GT saleen clone
91 5.0 saleen clone sold

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol..he can get caught up with that Hella easy..last smog/registration, change of ownerships has the millage..I'm sure at some point it was more than 90k

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
86SALLY
¯
Member # 10736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86SALLY  Ford pictures for 86SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like my boys old car lol it has 410's and a shitload of miles lol the posis were going out I think but the car ran like a beast

[ December 27, 2012, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: 86SALLY ]

--------------------
S.M.C Line Em Up

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90fox5.0:

Real simple on mustangs... Pull out the cluster and then swap out the odometer
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone run a carfax

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com