Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » HIDs installed in the '66 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: HIDs installed in the '66
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know there isnt too many of us old school guys here but if you've ever driven one....you KNOW the lighting isnt the best. So I got my HID kit and damn it is a HUGE difference.

Its pretty simple and it really is just plug and play. The black adapter on the kit fits right into the piece shown on this pic
 -

I ran the wires behind the light (driver side) and the ballast has a spot there where it can sit.
 -
On the passenger side I had to do the same thing but ran the wires into the engine bay right next to the battery, so Im not sure where to mount it but Ill figure it out tomorrow. Shown here
 -
 -

Only pain I came across was getting the headlight ring around the headlights to line up with the screws and such, or maybe I just was getting mad [Embarrassed] I have to adjust them but since its raining Ill do that another day since theres too much crap in the garage.

Heres a before pic of just the passenger side, got too excited and just started.
 -

After pic of both installed  -

-

[ December 25, 2012, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: 66_5.0 ]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's a nice difference.. i usually drive my 68 with the high beams on..lol.. how much did they run you?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Vallejo707
¯
Member # 10296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vallejo707  Ford pictures for Vallejo707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you are going to be hated by incoming traffic now [Big Grin]

looks good tho [Smile]

--------------------
PS3 Game Tag: BeAsVtown
Sold: 2007 Yamaha R6 "Candy"
Sold: 1989 Mustang Vert
Current: 2012 Mustang 5.0

Posts: 799 | From: Vallejo,Ca | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
that's a nice difference.. i usually drive my 68 with the high beams on..lol.. how much did they run you?

Lol even the "high" beams dont do much for me and more so because I have bad eyes. They cost $102 OTD and the kit comes with 2 new headlights, HIDs of any choice of color..I went with 5k and the ballasts. Pretty happy with it because I have 2 buddies that are running the same kit and have had NO issues.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't really driven my car in the dark yet, only in dusk and the headlights seemed fine for me.
Pretty cool upgrade

[ December 25, 2012, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Vallejo707:
you are going to be hated by incoming traffic now [Big Grin]

looks good tho [Smile]

yeah, my galaxie hid's look like I'm driving around with high beams on
92 ssp
¯
Member # 8013

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92 ssp  Ford pictures for 92 ssp  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got some on my 68 stang I did hid kit with helo headlights an fog light look like a bmw in the front lol..

--------------------
President of Highways Car Club est 2004
1993 coupe "The Beast"
2004 Mercedes s500 amg

If u don't know about me u must be a nobody lol...

92 ssp
¯
Member # 8013

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92 ssp  Ford pictures for 92 ssp  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got some on my 68 stang I did hid kit with helo headlights an fog light look like a bmw in the front lol..

--------------------
1993 coupe "The Beast"
2004 Mercedes s500 amg

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
I haven't really driven my car in the dark yet, only in dusk and the headlights seemed fine for me.
Pretty cool upgrade

Yea I thought I babied my car lol. I haven't driven it in like 2 weeks but it was always a pain to drive at night.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Lol traffic will hate me but screw it and down shift on them! [Big Grin]

Im really happy with them..

--------------------
1966 Mustang

FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good I like the 5k
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice upgrade. I need me some HID's for my hatch kuz I can't see anything at night especially when oncoming traffic is blinding my bad eyes.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Thanks guys, I like the light blue HIDs but with my old man eyes I cant see.

Neight if you think your hatch is bad..just imagine my 46 year old lights [Eek!]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bout time ulli, I like the white looks good. You better adjust those damn things cuz youve been like jr for the past year. Now we can take some HID pics lol mines are 6k
 -

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Damn low hit, well itll get done as soon as it stops raining..

--------------------
1966 Mustang

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did the same upgrade on my '68. The stock sealed beams even on high are horrible. The HID's on low are like twice as bright as the stockers on high. Best $100 upgrade.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im about to put the new spinners on mine

-

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:

Neight if you think your hatch is bad..just imagine my 46 year old lights [Eek!]

I can see good on mine when I'm the only car around kuz other than that mine get like canceled out.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Lol even the "high" beams dont do much for me and more so because I have bad eyes. They cost $102 OTD and the kit comes with 2 new headlights, HIDs of any choice of color..I went with 5k and the ballasts. Pretty happy with it because I have 2 buddies that are running the same kit and have had NO issues.
what company or website did you get those from?Looks great by the way.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:
quote:
quote:

what company or website did you get those from?Looks great by the way.
Thanks man. I got them from a company in Elk Grove called 1320 Performance. Their website is here http://1320performancestore.com/HID

Its a tuner store but they had a kit for my car

[ December 26, 2012, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: 66_5.0 ]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

92 ssp
¯
Member # 8013

My home made hid kit with halo kit only old school stang in bayarea ..

-
 -
 -

--------------------
1993 coupe "The Beast"
2004 Mercedes s500 amg

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92 ssp:

-
 -
 -

Not feeling the halos at all but too each his own.. I think halos belong on a BMW jmho

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ive never seen the halos on an old school, not bad sir.

I got the ballasts mounted Ill take some pics in a few...just finished washing it. [burnout]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92 ssp:

-
 -
 -

ive seen a few old school stangs in san jose with halos.
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres a few old skools with halos in sac too.

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com