Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » "No Easy Day"...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: "No Easy Day"...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"No Easy Day" The Mission that killed Osama Bin Laden

Excerpts

From Chapter 14: "Khalid"

- The head peeking around the corner was clean-cut with no beard. It had to be Bin Laden's son.
"Khalid," the assaulter whispered. "Khalid."
Everyone in the compound had heard the helicopter engines. They heard the shots fired at the guesthouse, and they heard the explosive breaches.
But by then everything was quiet again. All they could hear was our footsteps. Then the man on the landing heard his name being called.
They know my name? I imagine him thinking.
Curiosity got the best of him and he stuck his head out to see who was calling him. The second he stuck his head back around the corner, the assaulter shot him in the face. His body rolled down the stairs and rested on the landing.
Looking back, I saw we had several more SEALs coming up the stairs and beginning to stack behind me. The second-floor hallway was already full of assaulters and they didn't need any more help.
The only place to go was up.
Standing behind the point man, I gave him a squeeze to let him know we were ready.
"Take it."

From Chapter 15: "Third Deck"

Khalid was splayed out on his back, and we had to carefully pick our way past him on the stairs.
The steps were slick tile, made slicker by the blood. Each step was precarious. Nearby, I saw Khalid's AK-47 rifle propped on the step.
"I am glad he didn't man up and use that thing," I thought.

I heard suppressed shots
BOP. BOP.

The point man had seen a man peeking out of the door on the right side of the hallway about ten feet in front of him. I couldn't tell from my position if the rounds hit the target or not. The man disappeared into the dark room.
The point man reached the landing first and slowly moved toward the door. Unlike in the movies, we didn't bound up the final few steps and rush into the room with guns blazing. We took our time.
The point man kept his rifle trained into the room as we slowly crept toward the open door. Again, we didn't rush. Instead, we waited at the threshold and peered inside. we could see two women standing over a man lying at the foot of a bed. Both women were dressed in long gowns and their hair was was a tangled mess like they had been sleeping. The women were hysterically crying and wailing in Arabic. The younger one looked up and saw us at the door.
She yelled out in Arabic and rushed the point man. WE were less than five feet apart.Swinging his gun to the side, the point man grabbed both women and drove them toward the corner of the room. If either woman had on a suicide vest, he probably saved our lives, but it would have cost him his own. It was a selfless decision made in a split second.
With the women out of the way, I entered the room with a third SEAL. We saw the man lying on the floor at the foot of his bed. He was wearing a white sleeveless T-shirt, loose tan pants, and a tan tunic. The point man's shots had entered the right side of his head. Blood and brains spilled out of the side of his skull. In his death throes, he was still twitching and convulsing. Another assaulter and I trained our lasers on his chest and fired several rounds. The bullets tore into him, slamming his body into the floor until he was motionless.

From Chapter 16: "Geronimo"

(Note: "Geronimo" was the Team's code name for Bin Laden)

The man's face was mangled from at least one bullet wound and covered in blood. A hole in his forehead collapsed the right side of his skull. His chest was torn up from where the bullets entered his body. He was lying in an ever-growing pool of blood. As I crouched down to take a closer look, Tom joined me.
"I think this is our boy," Tom said.
He wasn't about to say it was Bin Laden over the radio because he knew that call would be shot like lightning back to Washington. We knew President Obama was listening, so we didn't want to be wrong.

Taking out my camera and rubber gloves, I started taking photos while Walt prepared to take several DNA samples.
Will, the Arabic speaker, was in the room treating the leg wound of the woman crying on the bed. We learned later that she was Amal al-Fatah, Bin Laden's fifth wife.

"Hey, man, hold his good eye open," I said to Walt.
He reached down and peeled back the eyelid, exposing his now lifeless brown eye. I zoomed in and shot a tight photo of it.

Bin Laden's wife Amal, who had been wounded in the ankle, was still hysterical and wouldn't talk. I could hear her whimpering on the bed above me as I worked. The other woman, her eyes still puffy from crying, tried to keep a stern faces Will asked her over and over again in Arabic who the dead guy was.
"What is his name?"
"The sheikh." the woman said.
"The sheikh who?" Will said. He didn't want to lead her and stuck to open-ended questions.
After she gave Will several aliases he went over to the kids who were outside the balcony. They were all sitting silently against the wall. Will knelt down and asked one of the girls, "Who is the man?"
The girl didn't know how to lie.
"Osama bin Laden."
Will smiled.
"Are you sure that is Osama bin Laden?"
"Yes," the girl said.
"OK, he said, "Thanks."
Back in the hallway, he grabbed one of the wives by her arms and gave her a good shake.
"Stop fukcing with me now," Will said, more sternly than before. "Who is that in the bedroom?"
She started to cry. More scared than anything else, she didn't have any fight left.
"Osama," she said
"Osama what?" Will said, still holding her arm.
"Osama bin Laden," she said.

Before I left, I noticed a shelf that ran above the door. It was just above where he was standing when we got to the third deck. I slid my hand up and felt two guns, which turned out to be an AK-47 and a Makarov pistol in a holster. I took each weapon down and pulled the magazine and checked the chambers.
They were both empty.

He hadn't even prepared a defense. He had no intention of fighting. He asked his followers for decades to wear suicide vests or fly planes into buildings, but didn't even pick up his weapon. In all of my deployments, we routinely saw this phenomenon. The higher up the food chain the targeted individual was, the bigger a pu--y he was.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am getting this book! [patriot]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does it have pictures?

--------------------
To be or not to be

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds very interesting.... [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
I am getting this book! [patriot]

See my FB message.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
fast305s
¯
Member # 11897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fast305s  Ford pictures for fast305s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot] an that ladies an gentlemen is why you do not mess with America. God bless these men!

--------------------
Built, not bought.

95 mustang gt
73 f-100
06 powerstroke

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
He hadn't even prepared a defense. He had no intention of fighting. He asked his followers for decades to wear suicide vests or fly planes into buildings, but didn't even pick up his weapon. In all of my deployments, we routinely saw this phenomenon. The higher up the food chain the targeted individual was, the bigger a pu--y he was.
They can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. They can't do the killing themselves so they brainwash others to do their dirty work.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
They can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. They can't do the killing themselves so they brainwash others to do their dirty work.
That's how all governments work.....
8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8urgm  Ford pictures for 8urgm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
* ILLICIT FORDS* SHARK TOWN*

04 BLK TERMINATOR

RIP PRIMO RICARDO 3/10/12
RIP LIL HOMIE TECH9 3/8/12
RIP HOMIE WILLIE(5ltrsvt) 11/23/12

Posts: 439 | From: SAN JOSE/EL DF | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read it when it first came out. Fuck the movie.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:

what movie?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

what movie?
Zero Dark Thirty
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

what movie?
Zero Dark Thirty
Thats a movie about this?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

what movie?
Zero Dark Thirty
Thats a movie about this?
DING DING DING DING

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check ot the book fearless too about addam brown, I liked it better than lone survivor

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com