Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone snowboard?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone snowboard?
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone? I'm looking to get into it this year. I did it for one weekend like 10 years ago and it was a blast. Whats a good begining set up? Board, Bindings, Boots? Nothing to fancy just wanna hit the slopes and have some fun..thanks!

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never been to the snow [Frown]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like burton gear. If you just want to cruise get a longer board. You can find good deals on craigslist.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
Anyone? I'm looking to get into it this year. I did it for one weekend like 10 years ago and it was a blast. Whats a good begining set up? Board, Bindings, Boots? Nothing to fancy just wanna hit the slopes and have some fun..thanks!

Burton makes good shit. The board should be from your feet to your chin in length if I remember correctly. Try to get the bindings that support the back of your ankle those are super easy to get in and out of. Not the boots but the way your held on to the board. The clip in ones get ice packed and you have to fight with them to get in and out. Try going to boreal real easy slopes and they got big stuff to. Shit we should get people to make this a trip now that I'm talking about it. Reno anyone???

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:

Burton makes good shit. The board should be from your feet to your chin in length if I remember correctly. Try to get the bindings that support the back of your ankle those are super easy to get in and out of. Not the boots but the way your held on to the board. The clip in ones get ice packed and you have to fight with them to get in and out. Try going to boreal real easy slopes and they got big stuff to. Shit we should get people to make this a trip now that I'm talking about it. Reno anyone???
i know kerrys50 boards..im going in a couple weeks...

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

whats a good set up gonna cost me? nothing serious just something enjoyable to ride..
board, bindings, and boots(i wear size 11 shoes so no idea what that converts too in boots)

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been boarding for 15 years. I used the same gear for the first 5-10 years. Now I got a sick ass Burton vapor super light board retailed for $900 and got 70% off when Tri-City sporting goods closed. Paid about $500 for my Spyder jacket and pants. For a beginner it will cost you up to $500 for decent gear. Less if you buy used. My advice on learning is to keep trying. After you fall, get back up. I see beginners all day sittin on their ass wasting the whole day. It took me 3 days straight to figure out how to get down from top to bottom without falling.

Good luck. It's a fun and expensive, but worth it.

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
Been boarding for 15 years. I used the same gear for the first 5-10 years. Now I got a sick ass Burton vapor super light board retailed for $900 and got 70% off when Tri-City sporting goods closed. Paid about $500 for my Spyder jacket and pants. For a beginner it will cost you up to $500 for decent gear. Less if you buy used. My advice on learning is to keep trying. After you fall, get back up. I see beginners all day sittin on their ass wasting the whole day. It took me 3 days straight to figure out how to get down from top to bottom without falling.

yea i remember when i did it 10years ago..pain in the ass(literally) but got that hang of it and it was loads of fun

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I got a vapor too last year! Great board! Have had my season pass now for two years. My favorite place to board is Mammoth by far though. Selling my old Burton if anyone is interested: Burton

[ December 01, 2012, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: SEMPERFI510 ]

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I board.

Www.evo.com

Good ass deals here ^^^

Find a board on craigslist. For you peter, you need somewhere around a 157-160cm board.. preferably a wide one. Buy your boots new.. I like burton and salomon boots. If you have wide feet, get wide boots. Nothing sucks more than your feet hurting on the slopes.

Hit me up if youre looking for a board so I can let you know if the stuff is good. Take your time though.. you can find good ass deals. I got a 159cm K2 Fatbob snowboard with District 23 bindings 2 years ago for $15

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:

I got a vapor too last year! Great board! Have had my season pass now for two years. My favorite place to board is Mammoth by far though. Selling my old Burton if anyone is interested:Burton Snowboard
Hand jobs with purchase? WTF LOL
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
I board.

<a href="http://Www.evo.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Www.evo.com</a>

Good ass deals here ^^^

Find a board on craigslist. For you peter, you need somewhere around a 157-160cm board.. preferably a wide one. Buy your boots new.. I like burton and salomon boots. If you have wide feet, get wide boots. Nothing sucks more than your feet hurting on the slopes.

Hit me up if youre looking for a board so I can let you know if the stuff is good. Take your time though.. you can find good ass deals. I got a 159cm K2 Fatbob snowboard with District 23 bindings 2 years ago for $15

will do nick..from the floor to my chin is 60inches which is 152.4cm if you come across anything let me know..

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
152 is way too short for you. Look between 156 and 160.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
152 is way too short for you. Look between 156 and 160.

will do!

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
whats a good set up gonna cost me? nothing serious just something enjoyable to ride..
board, bindings, and boots(i wear size 11 shoes so no idea what that converts too in boots)

Do u have jacket gloves etc? For 500$ you can get some bad ass used board,bindings, and boots. A lot of people like to get new stuff every couple years.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:

I got a vapor too last year! Great board! Have had my season pass now for two years. My favorite place to board is Mammoth by far though. Selling my old Burton if anyone is interested:Burton Snowboard
Hand jobs with purchase? WTF LOL
Damn roommate! LOL he got me! DICK!
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy the previous year's shit. I was ballin so I bought all new shit: board, bindings and boots. I could have got new shit from the previous year which would be just as good. Unless ur goin pro, a 2010 boar will do u swell. Mines 5 years old now. I got all burton shit. Kinda like Nike

[ November 30, 2012, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

StangCity510
¯
Member # 11711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangCity510  Ford pictures for StangCity510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I go every year. Costco lift tickets and rentals for two ppl for 105. Lessons included hahaha I'm not a pro.

--------------------
will work for stangs

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ill teach you how to board peter.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out this new company.....I work for them and all boards will be the same as burton

http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/list/search/f~show-all

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive been riding since 12 and have held a season pass last 6yrs in a row while going up every week:) if its your first year i couldnt stress enough to get cheap gear, and figure out if the sport is really for you.

If your first season goes by and you just cant wait to get back up there again, maybe its time to invest in a season pass and a nice set-up.

As far as board size goes, get something on the smaller side, the board will often times feel easier to control and lighter as a result of the reduced size. i prefer freestyle jib/park setups for that same reason, but also cause im a park rat.

Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Sierra at Tahoe park FTW

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

kerry's 50
¯
Member # 9266

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerry's 50  Ford pictures for kerry's 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take a lesson. That have good deals with lift tickets. They teach you quick and easy. And you can be off on your own before half the day is done. Great investment. I got van, air walk and Burton boots for sale. I have to check the sizes.

--------------------
R.I.P 96 GT
1994 Gt sold
1989 Notch sold
1989 Notch sold
1994 GT/Cobra clone in progress-sold
1988 ssp 306 h/c/i soon to be charged

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've always been a big fan of Flow bindings. Super easy to get your foot into the binding and locked down even as you're sliding off the lift.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
I've always been a big fan of Flow bindings. Super easy to get your foot into the binding and locked down even as you're sliding off the lift.

+1 for flow bindings.. needa pick me up a pair

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com