Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Conservative reflection on the election

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Conservative reflection on the election
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been a conservative all my life though I haven't always had great choices in the presidential elections. Being a conservative first and foremost I almost always have to vote Republican because the Democratic party and conservatism are a bit of an oxymoron. Most times I've held my nose when I pulled the Republican lever during election time.

The 2012 election and the slaughter of the Republicans was quite an eye opener for me. The country I grew up in has changed beyond what I thought I would ever see in my lifetime but here it is regardless. Things change.

To my point. I am now convinced that the country is completely divided in their view of where we should go in the future to make the US into the image of what we believe in. Short of a full scale civil war between the two philosophies, similar to what happened during the first Civil War, we need to move in a common direction or there will be war.

My thinking now is that we should give the re-elected President what he asks for and see how it turns out. The blame game must STOP. President Obama owns this economy now, no question about it and he should be given his way to see if it improves the country or sinks it. No more blaming Bush, and the Congress should let him implement his programs and ideas so we can see what happens.

Having a conservative philosophy makes me doubt that were he goes will improve things but I need to see how it goes and not speculate about the results.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get it off my chest and move on.

Thanks

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well said [patriot]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now THAT is a response that I agree with. Well f'n said! [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really had to look at the top of the screen to see if I was on the CAFords website or maybe got redirected!! [Wink]

Great post and I agree. I'm all for a fair election process and if my candidate doesn't get nominated, so be it. I'm all for giving the elected official his fair chance. You are right about the blame game, however, it should have stopped a lot sooner than 4 years. It's like if I inherit an existing project at work and I don't like how it was run before I took control, I won't point blame, I'll figure out how I'm going to redirect the project to get back on track. I really hope he can figure this out and get us back on a positive track.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the fiscally conservatives need to distance themselves from the socially conservative. I mean who's winning any votes from educated people when you're group is still against gay marriage and anti stem cell research. The core republicans are becoming to white, too right, and too uptight for most people to want to side on. It's time to concede these non issues to the dems and bring up what really effects us as people, getting the economy on track again.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I with you op. If I was the house majority leader I would simply state,
" We realize you won a second term and we do not want to hinder your ability to do as you please with the economy. We will give the president and the senate whatever they propose in the terms of the economy. We however will not approve of any other types of social issues until we have a healthy, productive & thriving economy. "

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, I agree with everything that has been said here. I’m a conservative too; registered decline-to-state because I feel like both parties are in cahoots with each other.

I think the system is rigged to have 8 years Dem and 8 year Rep, so that we are stuck in a perpetual blame game. It’s the biggest scam ever to keep us a divided country! One party spends too much money while blaming the prior party. Then the next party spends even more money, but blames that on trying to fix the mistakes of the prior party. And it goes on and on.

Honestly, I don’t see it ever getting better until we elect a third party; or else break the 8-year rotating cycle.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am game, except letting him take our guns cause we'll need those for the Armageddon that follows.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of dicksuck would name his son "Mitt?" Is that short for Mitten? Oh wait he's Mexican? Shit! I shud have voted for him! Fak!

Lets fix the ecosystem! Leagalize it, don't penalize it!

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
What kind of dicksuck would name his son "Mitt?" Is that short for Mitten? Oh wait he's Mexican? Shit! I shud have voted for him! Fak!

Notice the difference between a post from a typical Obama supporter is compared to some of the post above? A good portion of the people who voted for Obama are still celebrating the fact that he won. We on the other hand are actually thinking about the future of our country. I can't understand how such a large part our our population can't grasp the idea of smaller government, lower taxes, good moral family values & less restrictions on your freedoms isn't a good thing?

--------------------

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
I've been a conservative all my life though I haven't always had great choices in the presidential elections. Being a conservative first and foremost I almost always have to vote Republican because the Democratic party and conservatism are a bit of an oxymoron. Most times I've held my nose when I pulled the Republican lever during election time.

The 2012 election and the slaughter of the Republicans was quite an eye opener for me. The country I grew up in has changed beyond what I thought I would ever see in my lifetime but here it is regardless. Things change.

To my point. I am now convinced that the country is completely divided in their view of where we should go in the future to make the US into the image of what we believe in. Short of a full scale civil war between the two philosophies, similar to what happened during the first Civil War, we need to move in a common direction or there will be war.

My thinking now is that we should give the re-elected President what he asks for and see how it turns out. The blame game must STOP. President Obama owns this economy now, no question about it and he should be given his way to see if it improves the country or sinks it. No more blaming Bush, and the Congress should let him implement his programs and ideas so we can see what happens.

Having a conservative philosophy makes me doubt that were he goes will improve things but I need to see how it goes and not speculate about the results.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get it off my chest and move on.

Thanks

[patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you look at the world's political systems as a whole, the difference between U.S. Republicans and Democrats is very minute. Little changes when new administrations enter the White House and that's because they get their economic advice from the same Goldman Sachs people. Between the President, congress, senate, Supreme Court and throw in states rights...it's a sloooooow moving machine. Consider this, slaves were emancipated in 1863 yet it took 100 years to give their descendants full civil rights. If the re-election of Obama is going to lead to a war, it won't happen in our lifetime. Any ammo you buy now will have long expired [Wink]

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:

Notice the difference between a post from a typical Obama supporter is compared to some of the post above? A good portion of the people who voted for Obama are still celebrating the fact that he won. We on the other hand are actually thinking about the future of our country. I can't understand how such a large part our our population can't grasp the idea of smaller government, lower taxes, good moral family values & less restrictions on your freedoms isn't a good thing?
The opening post understands that if you don't adapt to your environment, you succumb to your environment, and will eventually become extinct. The environment of American politics has changed, and the Republican Party as a whole didn't adapt, on November 6th they succumbed, and if they don't do something fast it's possible they could become extinct. Similar to the Whig Party.

Now, like the opening post, there's not wrong with being fiscal conservative, but being a social conservative is where the Republican Party went wrong. You just said it yourself, then contradicted yourself in the same sentence. "Good moral values and less restrictions on your freedom" pushing for "good moral values" I can only assume to be anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats a limit on someone's freedom. Freedom of choice and freedom of marriage. I understand your argument, and the Republican Party does have valid points with less taxes, but i believe that there as to be a balance on taxes and where and how that money is being spent to help others, from youth up to have a better chance in succeeding in Life. Like Bill Clinton said, "a rising tide raises all ships".

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Good morals means knowing right from wrong, good from bad & doing what's right. I said nothing bad or even said ANYTHING about gay people or abortion. Just because I have morals doesn't mean I'm a gay bashing anti abortion republican.

If you wan to kill your baby then go for it.... Just don't ask us to pay for it. Gay people want to get married fine. I just dont want to drive down the street seeing men and women having sex in public during the gay pride parade.

I'd rather live in a home that rewards their children for there hard work, getting good grades then to grow up in a family where your parents pay you no attention, let you do what you want & give you an allowance without working for it.

The problem is too many parents aren't doing a good job raising their children. Im shocked when I deliver to schools and I see how children act........ I blame generations of parents doing a shitty job raising their kids for a lot of our financial problems here in America.

[ November 11, 2012, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Good morals means knowing right from wrong, good from bad & doing what's right. I said nothing bad or even said ANYTHING about gay people. Just because I have morals doesn't mean I'm a gay bashing republican.

I'd rather live in a home that rewards their children for there hard work, getting good grades then to grow up in a family where your parents pay you no attention, let you do what you want & give you an allowance without working for it.

The problem is too many parents aren't doing a good job
raising their children. Im shocked when I deliver to schools and I see how children act........ I blame generations of parents doing a shitty job raising their kids for a lot of our financial problems here in America.

I totally agree with you 100%. I see society going down the drain with how kids and adults alike act these days. I just don't see how we can progress with so much disorder.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Good morals means knowing right from wrong, good from bad & doing what's right. I said nothing bad or even said ANYTHING about gay people or abortion. Just because I have morals doesn't mean I'm a gay bashing anti abortion republican.

If you wan to kill your baby then go for it.... Just don't ask us to pay for it. Gay people want to get married fine. I just dont want to drive down the street seeing men and women having sex in public during the gay pride parade.

The problem is too many parents aren't doing a good job raising their children. Im shocked when I deliver to schools and I see how children act........ I blame generations of parents doing a shitty job raising their kids for a lot of our financial problems here in America.

No matter how much I want to disagree with you, I can't. I agree with this 99% percent. There's various forms and various reasons for abortion, but along the lines of health and life, and not just because a person wants to get rid of it, abortion should be covered under a persons medical or by the state if that person doesn't have medical.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com