Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » WHAT ARE THESE SALEENS WORTH?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT ARE THESE SALEENS WORTH?
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to get them powder coated before the sale, but how much should I be looking for?

I'm thinking with a fresh coating I can get 7-900???

Yes they are authentic, missing one cap at this moment but I'm on the hunt for it

-

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those are the LeMans style saleen wheels, they are getting harder to find... powder coated they would bring 12-1500 on corral w/o tires.
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Top haven't seen you post in a while!!! No less than $1000 with no tirea

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys

And cali95gt. I post in the for sale all the time. I'll be back around soon

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Hope the member that said he can order these online with tires for 700 see's this post
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos92:
Hope the member that said he can order these online with tires for 700 see's this post

LoL he's trippin.. they havent sold the LeMans for a long time since i think 98'

[ November 08, 2012, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

dp

[ November 08, 2012, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos92:

Tell him to kick rocks. You should get a good price on them even without powdercoating. Go to soec.org or ebay to sell. CA fords lowballaz 4 life [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can get top dollar if they are a 18x8.5 and 18x10 staggered set, especially if you have good center caps and valve stems. I've seen them in the $1200 area and more if you wait and advertise it.

If you have 8.5 set all around make sure you have the correct offsets for the front and rear. They don't fetch nearly as much but you'll at least get what you are expecting.

tooslowfiveo
¯
Member # 11511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tooslowfiveo  Ford pictures for tooslowfiveo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard somewhere that if you powdercoat aluminum wheels that it severely affects the structural integrity of the wheel itself (due to rapid temp. changes i guess) You might want to consider paint.
Posts: 162 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  :
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There were 3 versions of the 'Le Mans' wheels. How much they are worth somewhat depends on which version you have. The early ones were made by Speedline (you will find Speedline cast on the face, 'Saleen' cast near the valve stem hole and Italy cast behind one of the spokes), then there was a US made version (Saleen, Made in USA will be cast behind a couple of the spokes, no 'Saleen' cast on the front) and finally there's the Chinese made versions that were made in the later part of SN95 production (Saleen will be cast behind one of the spokes - no 'Made In..' and 'Saleen' will be cast on the front near the valve stem hole). The Speedline versions are the best, the US made versions had problems with the casting (prone to cracking).

[ November 09, 2012, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: S351-R ]

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5 saleens in the stable [worship]

[ November 08, 2012, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
5 saleens in the stable [worship]

3 are foxes! Jelly!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 8 Chrome saleen (speedlines) wheels with new tires ftw. 4 on my car and 4 in storage. I'm thinking of selling a set soon but if I get low balled I'm just going to keep them.

--------------------
To be or not to be

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Wel these are the speed lines made in Italy, and I will consider painting them
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're not worth anything, just give them to me since I have the center caps. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a set of original speed lines.original paint In great condition.love them.they fit over the lugs so tight

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
They're not worth anything, just give them to me since I have the center caps. [Big Grin]

How much for caps???

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com