Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Does anyone buy cars at the auctions with a dealership license?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone buy cars at the auctions with a dealership license?
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im thinking about buying cars at the auction for profit. Does anyone do this? is it worth it? My uncle is going to charge me $100 per car he buys for me. I have about 15k to spend. what do cars usually go for?

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
'03 Cobra

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
'03 Cobra

he wants to buy and make profit not buy and modify
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go for cars that make large profits. Not necessarily mustangs.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
StangCity510
¯
Member # 11711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangCity510  Ford pictures for StangCity510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alameda county auction no license needed.

--------------------
will work for stangs

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Alameda county auction no license needed
I want to go to the one off of 880 i believe its Union city.

My uncle also goes to some in the central valley and sacramento.

are all the vehicles salvaged?

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i go to the one in union city.all that was needed was a business license, pretty simple if u got some time to waste. and i would go a couple times to just watch and see how it goes down. the locals or regulars sabotage the gd cars so no body bids on them. and there quick, got to get there early so u can get there and see first hands whats gd! and watch them sabotage lol. after u get the swing of things it is a gd hustle. right now everybody wants the 2000 or lower cars so get a couple. watch the dudes with th ewater bottles. when they find a gd one they pooor a lil in the oil and let it run so it looks like it has a blown head gasket. they unplug stuff. got bring a gd mechanic with u as well to catch poss lemons.
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sacramento one is better, you can find cars for around $2k sometimes even less, but just check out the car good and know have an idea of how much it will cost to fix it to make a profit.

Dont buy a 2000 325i for $3.5 and spend $7k in repairs

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just buy your own license it's only like 200$ I believe

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

quote:
Just buy your own license it's only like 200$ I believe
I tried to look up info on how to obtain a dealership license couldn't find any good info. if its only $200 i would definately buy one since i might make this my side hussle. I plan on selling my dd. DD the vehicles I purchase until they sell.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a real dealer license is alot more than 200 hundred bucks. some big million dollar insurance policy, got to have regulated or okd yard signed off by the dealer license peeps, finger prints the whole nine,etc. i looked into it. but u can still get better than ave folks acces to some auction yards, just gotta see what they require. copar is only a hundred or 2 bucks to get in with them, but thats not the dealer hook up u can get thru them, but still better than your ave person. sometime u can hook up with a car lot guy and tag along with them when they go and shoot them like a 100 or what ever deal u work with them if u can find a cool one.
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All you have to do is look on craigslist for clean titled cars that people are selling for dirt cheap because of simple problems that any basic mechanic could fix in an hours time. If I wasn't so busy with college, id be doing this again. I made so much money it was rediculous.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

quote:
All you have to do is look on craigslist for clean titled cars that people are selling for dirt cheap because of simple problems that any basic mechanic could fix in an hours time. If I wasn't so busy with college, id be doing this again. I made so much money it was rediculous.
I might have to try this. I just can't have my money in the bank I spend it. Takes me a while to save it and I usually blow it in Vegas, trips,clothing and make bad invesments.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:
quote:
I might have to try this. I just can't have my money in the bank I spend it. Takes me a while to save it and I usually blow it in Vegas, trips,clothing and make bad invesments.
Keep cash only. Its a tangible object so you can see your money decreasing. Versus sliding a card.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

98 GT
¯
Member # 7944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 GT  Ford pictures for 98 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friends dad does this an the cars that honesty make the most profit an easiest to sell are toyotas
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't let your heart get in the way of investments. I also don't recommended putting all that money in one car.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The most i usually spend on a car is around 600 bucks. Then fix it up and sell it for $1200-$1600 in a couple days. Its easier to flip cars at that price rather than selling them for $3-4k and sitting on them
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be careful man. I was doing this for a while and I ended up stopping because my real job got so busy.
But the dude that put me as a broker on his license ended up getting arrested. It's illegal to buy/sell like that.
If it's your uncle like you said don't get him hemmed up with some legal bs.
The guy I went through did 250 a car up to 10 cars, then it was just a 100 a car.
But they're cracking down on this stuff

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at my old job we used to buy chargers and 300c for around 5-7k and resale them for 13-15k, just did safety check and dropped some big 22" on it
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look for cheap Japanese gas savers those are selling right now and have more room for profit

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
BRB 50
¯
Member # 10395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRB 50  Ford pictures for BRB 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work at that auction off of 880 between tennyson and dwyer. Its called bay cities auto auction and is a dealer only auction. Job is hella fun i get to drive every car there is, they also have a 1/4 plus mile test track, yea baby!!! Maseratis, Shelbys, Rouschs, Porsches, AMGs (v 12 biturbo fastest car there, had work done), even got a few GTRs(Nissan Skyline), CTSVs (one had 4 miles and a stick, hella fun) but they have cheap shit as well. Go for the late 90s early 2000s cars, they can be got for the low, and sold for a few hundred profit that day. Get the psi (post sale inspection), that way they tell you whats up with the car and if you dont want to fix it they may adjust the price. You can win,just dont get caught in the sell hype, and take a quick profit over sitting on it for a few more dollars.
Posts: 160 | From: es oakland | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com