Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Hit and Run - Pieces of Shit!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hit and Run - Pieces of Shit!
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car got towed yesterday to the body shop for estimates. Anyone wanna guess what the estimate will be?

-

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a really good condition black gt bumper.
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:

really? That high?
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much you want the estimate to be?

If you go insurance make sure you have collision because unless the only way they will allow you to use your uninsured motorist, you need to prove they do not have insurance.

Which is almost impossible if you've been in a hit and run and didnt get their license plate number.

That totally sucks, i've been there before...probably an illegal alien.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats what i think your insurance is going to pay you out. I got 2000 for scratches that i removed with nail polish remover. A auto body shop probably will charge you 1000-1500 for that if your paying out of pocket

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

If you go insurance make sure you have collision because unless the only way they will allow you to use your uninsured motorist, you need to prove they do not have insurance.

Which is almost impossible if you've been in a hit and run and didnt get their license plate number.

I have full coverage on all our cars (AllState).

I really think my next door neighbor knows something about it. She happen to be outside when I was checking it out. She told me that she noticed it a couple days ago but didn't say anything because she thought I might have known already. My dad was in and out of the house the day he noticed it and said it wasn't like that earlier in the day (they're visiting from out of the country and staying with us).

My cousin who parked across the street and who had to walk pass my car to get to my house said there was nothing wrong with my car at all when he got to my house.

Anyway, pieces of the headlight from the other car were left on the ground. One piece of the headlight says Toyota and has a part number on it. I looked up the part and it's from a Toyota Corolla. Paint transfer on my car shows white color. I've never noticed a white Toyota Corolla passing through so it was mos def a visitor. I live in a culdesac so the person who hit my car had to have known someone who lives in our court and not just passing through.

[ October 09, 2012, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: jegg ]

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on the insurance if they get you OEM parts. They could get you aftermarket parts that are almost the same. Only difference is the aftermarket wont line up exactly the same. But OEM parts I would say around 3k.
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Well...I wouldn't settle for anything less than OEM. If they can't get OEM ...then I'll find someone who can.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jegg:
quote:

I have full coverage on all our cars (AllState).

I really think my next door neighbor knows something about it. She happen to be outside when I was checking it out. She told me that she noticed it a couple days ago but didn't say anything because she thought I might have known already. My dad was in and out of the house the day he noticed it and said it wasn't like that earlier in the day (they're visiting from out of the country and staying with us).

My cousin who parked across the street and who had to walk pass my car to get to my house said there was nothing wrong with my car at all when he got to my house.

Anyway, pieces of the headlight from the other car were left on the ground. One piece of the headlight says Toyota and has a part number on it. I looked up the part and it's from a Toyota Corolla. Paint transfer on my car shows white color. I've never noticed a white Toyota Corolla passing through so it was mos def a visitor. I live in a culdesac so the person who hit my car had to have known someone who lives in our court and not just passing through.

Excellent detective work so far! I guess you just have to play the waiting game and/or scout the neighborhood a little for that kind of car to rear its ugly head before they fix it. Hopefully they don't and you see it around the area and you obviously know which side of their car was damaged to look for. If they do fix it, look for for new paint/body work but that might be hard to prove once they've fixed the car.
Good luck, I've had this kind of thing happen many times so I sympathize completely.

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry dude i knoe the feeling

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:
thats what i think your insurance is going to pay you out. I got 2000 for scratches that i removed with nail polish remover. A auto body shop probably will charge you 1000-1500 for that if your paying out of pocket

Man, if they cash me out for that much. I'm just gonna cash the check and sell the car. Audi S8 Here I come! lol...maybe
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Estimates came back.... total in damages and repair...2200.00....

Should I just pocket the money and sell the car as is? Is it even legal to do this? All my friends and co-workers say it is but I doubt it is. How much do you guys think I can get for the car as is?

[ October 09, 2012, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: jegg ]

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Totally legitimate to pocket the cash, lots of folks get estimates, take the check and pick up parts on here at way below what the body shop would charge. You could get a fender, bumper, splash guard, etc. for a quarter of that price and probably find it all in black.
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sinisterblk:
Totally legitimate to pocket the cash, lots of folks get estimates, take the check and pick up parts on here at way below what the body shop would charge. You could get a fender, bumper, splash guard, etc. for a quarter of that price and probably find it all in black.

+1 and I think 2k will be estimate

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:

+2 and put the rest into some performance mods, or somethin, i'd be willing to bet you could do it under a G
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do have a loan on the car
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBrad 96pacgreen:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:

+2 and put the rest into some performance mods, or somethin, i'd be willing to bet you could do it under a G
+3 pocket it and get a 99/01 bumper
my sister got hit in her 2012 tundra n the rear tailgate got an estimate of 3500 pocket it and we got it painted for 400 bucks

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

quote:
Originally posted by SETONKILL:

Paid off title in hand.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jegg:
quote:
Originally posted by SETONKILL:

Paid off title in hand.
thats good if had a loan on it you would have to get fix by a shop
Beartron68
¯
Member # 12225

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Beartron68  Ford pictures for Beartron68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

So just because it was a hit and run it had to be an "illegal alien"? Couldn't it have been some ghetto black person or a dumbass Asian that cant drive? Fucking ignorant racist prick [Big Grin]
Posts: 306 | From: Hayward ca | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

oh lawd...illegal alien can be any race....even white (european) =) lol
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=104984#000000

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com