Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » i need help on installing sn95 dash in my foxbody

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: i need help on installing sn95 dash in my foxbody
94COBRA916
¯
Member # 10370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94COBRA916  Ford pictures for 94COBRA916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has any1 on here installed a sn95 or newer dash on a foxbody? im going to start tearing up my interior probably next week to install my 95 dash... i just want to get more info on how to make everything fit/work its going to b a project but in the end it will b just how i want my car...

im asking for help not stupid comments like the ones that 50% of people post on here... if your going to be usefull and are willing to to help a member i highly appreciate it... if not well then kick rocks and go jack another thread not this one

[ September 27, 2012, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: 88gtstang ]

--------------------
Sactown Muscle Founder & Club President

1990 hatchback(sold)
1988 coupe (sold)
1994 cobra

Posts: 817 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't done the conversion but I do believe that there is a fair amount of cutting/trimming involved for it to fit correctly. There is a member here that goes by SVTCOBRAFOREVER that might have some helpful info for you.
94COBRA916
¯
Member # 10370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94COBRA916  Ford pictures for 94COBRA916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i saw his forsale post with the newer interior... that cars sick! im just trying to gather up all the info so i can start buying what im going to have to use... but thanks i forgot he had told me about a website and u just reminded me of it [patriot]

[ September 27, 2012, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: 88gtstang ]

--------------------

1990 hatchback(sold)
1988 coupe (sold)
1994 cobra

ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Finally gonna start that project huh? [Big Grin] I found a link from another website. This might be of some use to you if you haven't already seen. Good luck!!

http://forums.corral.net/forums/body-shop/935335-installing-sn95-dash-into-foxbody.html

[ September 27, 2012, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: ZincYellow 281 ]

94COBRA916
¯
Member # 10370

quote:
Originally posted by ZincYellow 281:
Finally gonna start that project huh? [Big Grin] I found a link from another website. This might be of some use to you if you haven't already seen. Good luck!!

http://forums.corral.net/forums/body-shop/935335-installing-sn95-dash-into-foxbody.html

thanks jr and yea its about time to start lol :leghump:

[ September 27, 2012, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: 88gtstang ]

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alot of useful stuff on corral. Make sure you bolt up the center console then trim your dash to fit in.

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that shyt looks hidious in a fox

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91blackonblack:

+1

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Youre crazy as fuck... An SN/New edge dash/interior is way better than the FOx square dash..
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend is doing that right now in a 86 GT along with a 4v swap. Here's the build thread:

http://www.wmdracing.net/forum/showthread.php?2407-Project-Insanity/page31

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

94COBRA916
¯
Member # 10370

quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 91blackonblack:

Youre crazy as fuck... An SN/New edge dash/interior is way better than the FOx square dash.. [/QUOT

+1.... Im getting tired of the fox dash its too simple no cup holders... All foxbodys have the same dash.... Its time to switch it up a bit and b different than all other foxbodys out their.. How many foxbodys have u seen with a new edge dash? Not many but its been done... We should see how many people on here would prefer a sn/new edge on a fox rather than a stock foxbody dash.... But either way i think it would be cool to throw some newer stuff in a older car..

[ September 27, 2012, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: 88gtstang ]

--------------------

1990 hatchback(sold)
1988 coupe (sold)
1994 cobra

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gtstang:
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 91blackonblack:

Youre crazy as fuck... An SN/New edge dash/interior is way better than the FOx square dash.. [/QUOT

+1.... Im getting tired of the fox dash its too simple no cup holders... All foxbodys have the same dash.... Its time to switch it up a bit and b different than all other foxbodys out their.. How many foxbodys have u seen with a new edge dash? Not many but its been done... We should see how many people on here would prefer a sn/new edge on a fox rather than a stock foxbody dash.... But either way i think it would be cool to throw some newer stuff in a older car..

. +2

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Eventually I'd like to do the conversion, all black with Corbeau or Bride seats. I heard its pain to get the SN/new edge door panels to fit in a fox, not only that but your gonna have alot of re-wiring to do. Its a lot of work... thats why most people dont do it.. still tits though if done right.

[ September 27, 2012, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ehhh, im over it, im all about being different but like u said, its already been done before. Id rather have my shit run hard and from my understanding ur shit fkn runs. Maybe its time for a new project. Not trying to bust ur shit or anything just steering u a dif direct

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
Ehhh, im over it, im all about being different but like u said, its already been done before. Id rather have my shit run hard and from my understanding ur shit fkn runs. Maybe its time for a new project. Not trying to bust ur shit or anything just steering u a dif direct

I thought it was stock? [Confused]

But really I ain't into the whole little dash conversion kinda seems too hiteck to be in a fox. I don't know if that's the best way to explain it but it just kinda don't fit in.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

+1
+2

--------------------
"IF U CAN SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS
U MUST BE DRIVING A "CHEVY"
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

Posts: 1193 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

-
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The dash in the sn's do look nicer but not in a fox. Usually it doesnt match up with the door panels and whatnot. There's a lot of other things you can tweak out on and make your car look better.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys are smoking some crack. forget the sn95 or 97-93 dash. u should be sporting this
 -

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rather get a 79 dash with all new white gauges then that dash.if u want to be different.so no ur crazy.shyt is ugly.ill rock this before that shyt.

-  - [worship]

[ September 27, 2012, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: 91blackonblack ]

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck on the install!

I, for one, am not fond of the rounded styling of the SN95 dash/interior in a Fox that has no rounded body lines - it just seems misplaced. But to each their own. And I can respect all that do this conversion to be a little different than the plain old Fox interior.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
you guys are smoking some crack. forget the sn95 or 97-93 dash. u should be sporting this
 -

Now, now. Thats not a fair comparison. No one likes red, or fake wood grain. I would like that console delete bezel for my 85 tho. [worship]

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com