Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fire arm license?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fire arm license?
8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8urgm  Ford pictures for 8urgm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We're would be the best place to get my fire arm license? [patriot]

--------------------
* ILLICIT FORDS* SHARK TOWN*

04 BLK TERMINATOR

RIP PRIMO RICARDO 3/10/12
RIP LIL HOMIE TECH9 3/8/12
RIP HOMIE WILLIE(5ltrsvt) 11/23/12

Posts: 439 | From: SAN JOSE/EL DF | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As in you wanna purchase a handgun?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can get one damn near anywhere, doesnt really matter because its all the same.
8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8urgm  Ford pictures for 8urgm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need it to go deer hunting with some family members [Big Grin]

--------------------

04 BLK TERMINATOR

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8urgm:

sooo you need a hunting license

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

A hunting license and a Pistol license are 2 different things. For a hunting license you will need to go to your local hunting/sports shop and find out what is in season to hunt and then Apply for your hunting permit for whatever it is that you intend to hunt.

For a Pistol Permit, you gotta fill out a questionnaire. Simple test, if your not a Felon and you pass you get your Pistol Permit.

[ September 26, 2012, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the typical cost of a pistol permit now a days??

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
What's the typical cost of a pistol permit now a days??

There is a 25 dollar nonrefundable backround check fee and then the test itself is about 30, but it may vary slightly from shop to shop.
8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

I guess I will be getting both, I just want to be legit and not get any tickets! I heard if u get popped with out ur gun or hunting lisence it's like $1,000+ fine!

--------------------

04 BLK TERMINATOR

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For hunting license, I went to http://www.huntercourse.com/ then took the 4 hour follow up class. Basically by taking the online portion, it shaves a bunch of in-class time. The online part took me a total of about an hour and you are able to pause and continue where you left off at any time.
8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
For hunting license, I went to http://www.huntercourse.com/ then took the 4 hour follow up class. Basically by taking the online portion, it shaves a bunch of in-class time. The online part took me a total of about an hour and you are able to pause and continue where you left off at any time.

Thanks! [patriot]

--------------------

04 BLK TERMINATOR

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got an ar and no License needed just an Id and no weapons charges or violent felonies on your record. I was surprised how easy it was

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by 04cobra408:
i just got an ar and no License needed just an Id and no weapons charges or violent felonies on your record. I was surprised how easy it was

Longuns, i.e. (Rifles) do not require a permit. Only requirements are a clean record, 18 or older and ID for rifles.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Thanks! [patriot]
You are welcome. Also, be sure to schedule the 4 hour follow-up class right away. Most places are at least a month away from having room. Here is the list of classes... http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes-home-study.aspx

Edit: Also, the online class is $25, you pay when you are done and get the certificate to be able to attend the follow-up class and that class is no more than $10, depending on where you go. Good luck.

[ September 26, 2012, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nm

[ September 26, 2012, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks! [patriot]
You are welcome. Also, be sure to schedule the 4 hour follow-up class right away. Most places are at least a month away from having room. Here is the list of classes... http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes-home-study.aspx

Edit: Also, the online class is $25, you pay when you are done and get the certificate to be able to attend the follow-up class and that class is no more than $10, depending on where you go. Good luck.

10/4! [patriot]

--------------------

04 BLK TERMINATOR

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

where y'all going hunting man? snap some pics of what you hit [patriot]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to US Firearms in Sunnyvale, very nice guys and a quality shop for handguns and long guns. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm from the Hood so what's that? Lol [Razz]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com