Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » dealer smog ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: dealer smog ?
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i purchased my car a month and a half ago and i got a call from the dealer yesterday saying i need to take the car back to have it smogged wtf can they get in trouble for this? not smogging when i bought it?this irrates me considering i removed my rear cats im not gonna pay another 100 to have them rewelded back in...anyone know rules or laws on this?

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh, that sucks. Not sure what your options are

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you gotta bring the car back to get it smogged if you want your tags, this is why YOU have to ask them if the car is smogged before you buy it and drive off. I would have never taken delivery without smog done.

Sorry about the situation it sucks, but not as much as the Raiders. LOL

[ September 21, 2012, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Cobra 93-4992 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take it back without the cats N act like you didn't know shit. Unless maybe it's a brand new car?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just bring it back and act like you never touch the car and bitch at them or just get the car smog and tell them you already got it smog
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
you gotta bring the car back to get it smogged if you want your tags, this is why YOU have to ask them if the car is smogged before you buy it and drive off. I would have never taken delivery without smog done.

Sorry about the situation it sucks, but not as much as the Raiders. LOL

i asked them if it was smogged and the sales man told me yes it was smogged they lied or got it mixed up idk.Ive never had this issue before

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they lied then fuckem take that shit back and tell them you didnt do shit to the car.

That is jank!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Take it back without the cats N act like you didn't know shit. Unless maybe it's a brand new car?

^^^this and if they cant smog it you'll get a new h pipe
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1SLW4DR
¯
Member # 11498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLW4DR  Ford pictures for 1SLW4DR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What they said [patriot]

--------------------
03 mercury marauder

TireSmokingHooligan.

SSF_SN
¯
Member # 11105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_SN  Ford pictures for SSF_SN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They actually arent allowed to do that. They should have gave you the car smogged especially coming from a dealer. If you want to you can easily take them to the DMV investigation or whatever its called.
Posts: 103 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heres a link to find the smog history http://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/Vehicle/PubTstQry.aspx
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Funny when I bought my 03 cobra it had bbk long tubes from dealer and didn't have to smog it till my second year of ownership how they did that beats me!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So much wrong info.if dont want a reo on your record you have to get smogged.an cars not getting smog at dealerships happens more then you think.an what year is this bucket yu bought
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its an 02 from what his sig says
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
Funny when I bought my 03 cobra it had bbk long tubes from dealer and didn't have to smog it till my second year of ownership how they did that beats me!!

When did you buy it? New cars don't have to be smogged for 5 years.
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had this happen before - basically the dealership is on the hook for the smog- they are required by law to smog the car prior to sale. So basically they will need to either fix the car to pass or buy it back from you.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com