Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ford Warranty help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ford Warranty help
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having trouble with Ford and my warranty on my F250. Can any dealer members help me out?

thanks
Nate

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a lot more going on with your Ford warranty troubles than you are telling us.
Why are you having warranty troubles with Ford?

I will guess that you modified your truck unapproved parts or flashed the computer with a performance calibration and now something in the powertrain had failed and Ford is not covering it due to modifications or abuse.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually its a case of he said she said...

I called Ford before I purchased my truck and had them pull an Oasis report. The only thing on the report was a cracked thermostat housing.

fast forward 6 months, my transmission starts shifting rough so i take it in. I have no modifications done but a DFPE delete and lift. They report that the shift solenoid is sticking.

They then call to tell me that my warranty is voided and that its been in before for transmission work. Ford wont divulge the dates or what work was done as the hotline is a inbound only center and i have to write HQ to get a report.

How can a Oasis report go from being clean to a history of problems is beyond me. I'm now going out to Livermore ford to talk with the service director as his service dept is the ones who originally told me the truck had a clean oasis report.

--------------------
SR

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
Actually its a case of he said she said...

I called Ford before I purchased my truck and had them pull an Oasis report. The only thing on the report was a cracked thermostat housing.

fast forward 6 months, my transmission starts shifting rough so i take it in. I have no modifications done but a DFPE delete and lift. They report that the shift solenoid is sticking.

They then call to tell me that my warranty is voided and that its been in before for transmission work. Ford wont divulge the dates or what work was done as the hotline is a inbound only center and i have to write HQ to get a report.

How can a Oasis report go from being clean to a history of problems is beyond me. I'm now going out to Livermore ford to talk with the service director as his service dept is the ones who originally told me the truck had a clean oasis report.

Livermore Ford is a horrible dealership. I bought my truck from them and they were nothing but bullshit liars and crooks.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm me your vin i can run a oasis report for you
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call Matt at powerstroke pros. Tell him I sent you or Lee sent you. You wont go wrong.

Dan

MATT 925-788-4129 he is also a ford dealer diesel tech.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Call Matt at powerstroke pros. Tell him I sent you or Lee sent you. You wont go wrong.

Dan

MATT 925-788-4129 he is also a ford dealer diesel tech.

matt is very cool guy i have worked with him for years.

[ September 12, 2012, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: hatch ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Your pm box is full
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hatch:
Your pm box is full

your pm box is full

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

just cleared it...sorry first time its been full since the start =)

--------------------
SR

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

TTT Hatch or Sally have an oasis report?

--------------------
SR

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm at work now, PM me your VIN and I'll run it.

Stay far away from Livermore Ford, used to work there and hated every minute of it. Crooked ass place and nothing but liars for managers and advisors.

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Sent!

I now have another case open with the ford hot line. What a mess

--------------------
SR

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Well transmission is blown, its currently sitting at left coast diesel. I gave up on ford.

Anyone have a hookup on transmissions new or used for a 08,09,10 F250??

Thanks
Nate

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com