Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what should i do

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what should i do
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought a rv trailer about 3 months back. it needed some work. so i found a contractor. he said 1100 and i gave him 550 upfront. he did it in 1 day. the work is good on the wood floors but the rest just sucks major ass. he could have spent a little more time and made it great. it has alot of mess up {like a noob did it} i know there is less then 400 in wood etc. he hasnt gave me a reciept and everytime i ask he ignore it. i honestly think he has some wood at home and maybe spent 200. thats why he wont give me a recept.

so i got the rv back from him about the 27th of last month. i picked it up from storage and called him said i wasnt happy with some stuff and wanted to go over it with him. he just now text over 2 weeks later.....saying am i going to get paid soon.

there was never a contract for work etc.

what would you tell him

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tell him to eat a dick, you got paid for what work you did.

a reciept should show up pretty quickly after that.

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i also have a ton of pictures b4 and after.the back wall had some rot.... he patched it back together.it looks like he cut it to about where the rot stop but the saw shredded the wood. kinda hard to explain. paying that much you would make your panels fit good and replace all the rot or the section. esp for the price he wants. its a damn rv

--------------------

cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, if he was any kind of stand up guy, he would have come to you and said, "listen the more i tear into this thing, i am finding more that is wrong with it. if you want it done right, its gonna cost more than i originally thought."

basically putting the ball back in your hands to make the decision if you want to stay with him or not to finish the work.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KICK HIM IN THE NUTTSS!!!!!!!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell him to eat a dick or a melted chocolate. Take to small claims
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

-
 -
 -

-

here is some of the work. this is after. he would be taking me to court for the money but there was never any paper work for the work to be done. i also have a ton of pictures.

sad thing is i asked him well he had it that day to put a deadbolt on the door. he said ok if you pay for the lock. when he dropped the rv off and brought me the keys{rv in storage} he said we are in budget and still called it a 1100. so just makes me wonder.

--------------------

cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

I am no contractor, and I don't know the exact details of your transaction, but if I paid for a guy to "fix" something, and he returned it to me like that, there would be a counter suit with an attached estimate to fix what the original guy "fixed". My 2 year old can put shit together better than that. That rot is going to continue. and that is some awesome gaps in the floor.
1SLW4DR
¯
Member # 11498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLW4DR  Ford pictures for 1SLW4DR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that guy dnt pay him a penny more

--------------------
03 mercury marauder

TireSmokingHooligan.

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

it honestly is in about the same condition it was b4 he did it....still needing work just has some new parts lol

--------------------

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i do see some brass staples...... im just saying.....

that shit dont let go...take king kong to tear it up

but really...yeah, tell him to go smoke some more of what he was smoking. thats shoddy at best. "african engineering" if i may say so

no offense to the brothers

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would not pay a penny more for that work. Take him to court. I could of done a better job

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF, don't give him a cent more until he fixes that shit. Thats a horrible job. i could do better and i am not a contractor.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done a few apartment floors in wood as a beginner I borrowed all the tools needed and grabbed a guide off Internet, my shot came out a thousand times better. Like that's unacceptable for a ten year old.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
find someone to give you a estimate to remove/repair all the shitty work he did and take him to small claims court for the amount you gave him plus the amount to pay the new contractor/fabricator to repair his high quality hackmanship..
we know of a shitty hack scamster contractor that just got sued and lost. the plaintiff got every bit of what he asked for and that was the cost of the work order he paid the hack pus the money to have everything repaired. start looking for some nice stuff for upgrades!

Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
find someone to give you a estimate to remove/repair all the shitty work he did and take him to small claims court for the amount you gave him plus the amount to pay the new contractor/fabricator to repair his high quality hackmanship..
we know of a shitty hack scamster contractor that just got sued and lost. the plaintiff got every bit of what he asked for and that was the cost of the work order he paid the hack pus the money to have everything repaired. start looking for some nice stuff for upgrades!

Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy shit that is very poor craftsmanship the seams dont line up. that looks like 60 dollars worth of wood and a huge come up on his part no talent fuck that guy

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rwc:

This

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A 10 year old could have done a better job!

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com