Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » TPS Motorsports: 0n3 Performance Turbo Cobra (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: TPS Motorsports: 0n3 Performance Turbo Cobra
STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not bad for an otherwise stock engine.
Thought you guys might like to see this one due to the inquiry on the On3 kits and how inexpensive they are.
It is not the greatest kit on the market, that's for sure.....but for a lil something out of pocket it's not bad on a streetcar.

483rwhp / 449rwtq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZi1jL4E5kk

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, I did alot of research on these kits more negative then Positive feedback. I was about to order one until I did my research.. Went with a supercharger instead. Let's see how long the welds last and turbo lasts. I heard they take a shit pretty fast. Other then that setup looks clean and some good numbers getting put down.. [burnout]

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have potential, but very terrible customer service and Chinese made parts. Upgrade everything that comes with the kit and it's not bad!

[ September 06, 2012, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R ]

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The On 3 kit is terrible. I would not put On 3 kit on my Cobra, even if On3 gave it to me for free. The On3 turbo kit is all about cheap quality, piss poor engineering and to top it off, the On 3 kit is not smog legal.

Go with a Supercharger instead of the On 3 turbo kit. [burnout]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VADEl2  Ford pictures for VADEl2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought about it but decided on a custom forward facing kit. Once it is complete I will post pics of my setup.

--------------------
TT Coyote 992Rwhp No Times yet

Posts: 735 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
PonyGT916
¯
Member # 12234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyGT916  Ford pictures for PonyGT916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn only if i had that kinda money !!! SWEET RIDE!!

--------------------
03 Mustang GT "My beast looks stock but it can make you think "

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Either way Nice install !! The vid was cool too, I liked the beat. [patriot]
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The On 3 kit is terrible. I would not put On 3 kit on my Cobra, even if On3 gave it to me for free. The On3 turbo kit is all about cheap quality, piss poor engineering and to top it off, the On 3 kit is not smog legal.

Go with a Supercharger instead of the On 3 turbo kit. [burnout]

Do you know ANY turbo kid made TODAY that is smog legal?... bzzz none...incon is no longer made....

but I do agree....now a B&G import kit...hell yeah I'd do that and have a fun daily driver

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
made 03 cobra with a pulley hp [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:

this thing at 11 psi would rip apart a pulleyed and ported terminator...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i forget the name of the turbo setup but has anyone ever tried the turbo kit that mounts towards the back of the exhaust? ive seen and heard them on camaros but not on mustangs....im not sure they even make a mustang setup...and i cant for the life of me remember the name, i know its a little vauge but anyone know what im talkin about?? [Confused]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by rollin5ive0:
i forget the name of the turbo setup but has anyone ever tried the turbo kit that mounts towards the back of the exhaust? ive seen and heard them on camaros but not on mustangs....im not sure they even make a mustang setup...and i cant for the life of me remember the name, i know its a little vauge but anyone know what im talkin about?? [Confused]

STS - waste of time

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rear mounts suck, non-efficient, no matter how cool they might sound...
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

STS - waste of time
ahhh thank you, thats prob why they came and went! [Wink]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill say this as nice as i know how to: The song was cooler than the video, and/or what the video was about...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

STS - waste of time
Yep, I put one on a friends '99 FRC and man talk about a pain in the fuckin' ass. Boost leaks every where, running 20ft of oil feed/return lines and vacuum hose blows balls, you have to wire up a pump to help return the oil. I would never again install or recommend one of these kits to ANYONE.

[ September 07, 2012, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please note....I too agree that the On3 kits are poorly made and the turbo itself is a chinese knockoff.
A customer bought his car in with the kit and wanted to make some extra ponies.
I think this kit cost the guy like $1800 or so.
This is the 2nd 0n3 kit we've tuned, and honestly, this time around the car wanted to make more power.
If the bottom end on this car was built we would have made clear over 530rwhp.
Not to say that the kit will hold together for long, but decent power was made.
I'm in NO WAY trying to promote these kits....I would avoid them as well.
Just put this here because alot of people from this site have either called me, pm'd, or came by asking about this brand of turbo.
Yes....on3 has HORRIBLE customer service.
The entire time this car was here I could not get anyone on the phone over there. And on top of the that the voicemail box was full and no message could be left.
What's crazy is....JEGS now sells these kits.

quote:
Here's one we did that was pretty decent actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm_-9BAu3fs

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
Please note....I too agree that the On3 kits are poorly made and the turbo itself is a chinese knockoff.
This is the 2nd 0n3 kit we've tuned, and honestly, this time around the car wanted to make more power.
Just put this here because alot of people from this site have either called me, pm'd, or came by asking about this brand of turbo.
The entire time this car was here I could not get anyone on the phone over there. And on top of the that the voicemail box was full and no message could be left.

quote:

thanks for the vidos as always...

and no offense in any way but your video of the rear mount shows great power but it also shows another thing...there is a LOT of smoke coming out of the exhaust which is one of the major problems with kits like those...it's just too far for the oil to have to travel to feed and scavenge off the turbos...in the long run, that can't be good for the turbos

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

STEED
¯
Member # 4787

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:

quote:

thanks for the vidos as always...

and no offense in any way but your video of the rear mount shows great power but it also shows another thing...there is a LOT of smoke coming out of the exhaust which is one of the major problems with kits like those...it's just too far for the oil to have to travel to feed and scavenge off the turbos...in the long run, that can't be good for the turbos

Oh no, you are correct sir.
The oil issue was the problem.....this car was built to be a sleeper. It looks stock on the outside as well as under the hood.
The owner knew of the oil issues before anything was purchased. Fortunetly this is just a toy for him it spends most of the year in a garage.
We did not build this car, only tuning.

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

yellowS281
¯
Member # 11570

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowS281  Ford pictures for yellowS281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

How would this at 11 psi rip apart a pullied and ported termi when they make over 500rwhp and this only made 483?
Posts: 677 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by yellowS281:
quote:
quote:

How would this at 11 psi rip apart a pullied and ported termi when they make over 500rwhp and this only made 483?
more linear power....run into a turbo car with a few less RW and you'll find out why

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey I kno a few ported/pullied termys that don't make 500rwhp lol but yes jasons right,turbo cars don't fuck around [burnout]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey I kno a few ported/pullied termys that don't make 500rwhp lol but yes jasons right,turbo cars don't fuck around [burnout]
Pound# for Pound# a turbo maximizes power more efficiently than a supercharger. So in theory, if you have two cars that are virtually the same, besides power adders. Even with the same amount of boost from each car, the turbo car should make more power.
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turbo cars will rip apart a pulled cobra IF the gearing is correct for the setup, they can shift fast enough to keep the turbo spinning hard, and if they brake boost. I have seen tons of videos of 70mm cars that get raped from a roll simply because of the things I listed above. Auto cars with turbos will simply tear shit up.
yellowS281
¯
Member # 11570

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowS281  Ford pictures for yellowS281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] made 03 cobra with a pulley hp [Roll Eyes]

Hey I kno a few ported/pullied termys that don't make 500rwhp lol but yes jasons right,turbo cars don't fuck around [burnout] [/iqb]
Pound# for Pound# a turbo maximizes power more efficiently than a supercharger. So in theory, if you have two cars that are virtually the same, besides power adders. Even with the same amount of boost from each car, the turbo car should make more power.
Nifty50- I understand that, but they arent virtually the same besides power adders, a pullied and ported cobra is making about 30rwhp more than the turbo car at 11psi. So even so if the turbo car is overtaking the supercharged car lb for lb it has to make up for the 30rwhp less that its making compared to a SC cobra to keep up.ssoo what im saying is this would not" rip apart" the pullied and ported cobra, it would be keeping up.
Posts: 677 | From: North Idaho | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com