Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » For Saleen owners with Alcon brakes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: For Saleen owners with Alcon brakes
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We have found a fix for the new edge Saleens with the Alcon brakes. Many people have been known to change their whole brake setup just because compatible rotors with this setup has been COMPLETELY discontinued. Just with a little bit of thinking, searching, and a tiny bit of fabrication.. we made it work. Let us know if anybody is interested in a set of rotors.

-Nick

-
 -

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very Nice !

Will these work with the Roush Alcon brake system ?

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure of the specs of the Alcon rotors on the Roush.. but I believe they are identical. If they were different, I'm sure we could come up with something [patriot]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Roush/ alcon 14 inch set up. Are these the same?
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
I have the Roush/ alcon 14 inch set up. Are these the same?

No, the ones we just made were for the 13" Alcon rotors. But if we had the car for a couple days, I'm sure we could come up with something that will work for your car.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bear Racing Sold Alcon based brake kits for ever untill they stared making their own Calipers, but Bear can still supply the 2 peice rotors.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
Bear Racing Sold Alcon based brake kits for ever untill they stared making their own Calipers, but Bear can still supply the 2 peice rotors.

I'm not sure if Baer makes those rotors.. but Coleman I believe does.. but for a small price of something ridiculous like $1500 for rotors only [BS flag]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alcon Rotors are still avalable from Bear.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/B4261266/1996-2004-Mustang-GT-RoushAlcon-Replacement-Rotors---Baer-Rotors.html?meta=GBASE&metacpg=B4261266&utm_source=gbase&utm_medium=CPC& utm_content=&utm_campaign=B4261266?meta=GAW&gclid=CLmZsv3c-bECFURxQgod_A8AJQ

I highly doubt that Colman charges $1500 for replacment rotors. Most people go with Colman parts to save money.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/B4261266/1996-2004-Mustang-GT-RoushAlcon-Replacement-Rotors---Baer-Rotors.html?meta=GBASE&metacpg=B4261266&utm_source=gbase&utm_medium=CPC& utm_content=&utm_campaign=B4261266?meta=GAW&gclid=CLmZsv3c-bECFURxQgod_A8AJQ

I highly doubt that Colman charges $1500 for replacment rotors. Most people go with Colman parts to save money.

Those are 14" rotors the Saleen Alcon are 13".
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by Y2K 281:
quote:

Those are 14" rotors the Saleen Alcon are 13".
Yes, those are for Roushs. But I guess I was a few hundred off.. about $1200 for the rotors. Only reason they're so expensive is for 1, supply and demand.. and 2, they're made out of magnesium.

Heres Saleen Club of America's website. $600 per rotor.

http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/SCOATech/1994-2004.htm

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen the Stage 3 and for $1000 I get the 2 piece fronts, 2 piece rears and Hawk HPS pads
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
I have seen the Stage 3 and for $1000 I get the 2 piece fronts, 2 piece rears and Hawk HPS pads

Show me where you can buy 13" rotors for a 2002 SALEEN that will be compatible with the 4 piston Alcon calipers.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a hard time locating these for a customer, but found the rotors and pads from STILLEN.
I have a contact there who is able to get these rotors. THe slotted ones that were on the origonal Saleens.
If anyone is interested shoot me a pm

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
I had a hard time locating these for a customer, but found the rotors and pads from STILLEN.
I have a contact there who is able to get these rotors. THe slotted ones that were on the origonal Saleens.

I just called STILLEN since we have another Saleen we have to do a brake job on and they just told me that they CANNOT get these rotors [BS flag]

Even if you could aquire the rotors, our rotors would still be more than 50% cheaper. Besides, I would never recommend a magnesium rotor unless the car is racing on a track.

Guess we're making another set of rotors [burnout]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True Alcon replacement rotors are out there... just pricey.

http://streetwiseparts.com/catalog/index.php/brake-rotors-alcon-c-49_51?osCsid=6e9bd80d19aad5dd36433695c87f81dc

and the Alcon pads to complete the package

http://streetwiseparts.com/catalog/index.php/brake-pads-alcon-c-44_45

[ August 22, 2012, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
quote:

I just called STILLEN since we have another Saleen we have to do a brake job on and they just told me that they CANNOT get these rotors [BS flag]

Even if you could aquire the rotors, our rotors would still be more than 50% cheaper. Besides, I would never recommend a magnesium rotor unless the car is racing on a track.

It's funny you say that....because about a week before I was able to get these I called you guys at Mustang Ranch and was told you had 2 customers looking for them as well.
Wether you choose to believe me or not....I got them.
A rotor and pad package for under $600.
It was for a 99 Saleen with Alcon calipers.
These were the slotted versions, with the Ferrodo pads posted above my post.

I got them from Shawn Stavis of STILLEN INC

[ August 22, 2012, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: STEED ]

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's funny you say that....because about a week before I was able to get these I called you guys at Mustang Ranch and was told you had 2 customers looking for them as well.

MRP vs. TPS/Apex...round 1, FIGHT! [Razz]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

quote:
quote:

Show me where you can buy 13" rotors for a 2002 SALEEN that will be compatible with the 4 piston Alcon calipers.
I have the alcon 14 inch roush brakes
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
quote:
quote:

These rotors that we made were for a 2002 Saleen.. not a 99. Late 90s Saleen rotors were compatible up to 2000 or so. The XP8 rotors were used on 2000 and 2001 models. Even if the 99 Saleens came with Alcon rotors and calipers, that doesn't mean it will work on an 02. Why spend that much money on rotors/pads and not know if it will work or not? I'd rather save about $300 and make a set that will last way longer than those magnesium rotors and also not be so pricey.

Ian, nope no fight lol. I've just never seen any rotors for sale "specifically" for a 2002 Saleen. That's all I'm saying. I've seen rotors for sale up to an 01.. nothing later. I mean, it's possible that it'd work, but there's no definite answer.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

oxfords281
¯
Member # 12572

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxfords281  Ford pictures for oxfords281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
We have found a fix for the new edge Saleens with the Alcon brakes. Many people have been known to change their whole brake setup just because compatible rotors with this setup has been COMPLETELY discontinued. Just with a little bit of thinking, searching, and a tiny bit of fabrication.. we made it work. Let us know if anybody is interested in a set of rotors.

-Nick

Can you get me some rotors? [patriot]

[ 2013-07-01, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: oxfords281 ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com