Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » For You Audio Gurus

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: For You Audio Gurus
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm wiring up my new 00' Lincoln ls, car already had RCA adapters and a wire spliced which I was assuming was for the remote. I test out the amp before installing I connect the power, RCA, ground and remote and the amp didn't turn on, I replaced the fuses and still nothing but when I put the power cable into the remote the among light turned on for about a second then turned off. You think my remote might be wired bad, I did add a fuse on my remote cable

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also shouldn't just the power n ground be all you need to test the amp?

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't understand what you're saying. lol

All I know wiring beat is the easiest shit in the world.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ur remote on the stereo is no good bro splice into the power wire on the stereo n connect it as you will on the amp.. It should b good now.

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have a factory radio. and you should test with a test light or probe the positive, remote and ground

I want to say you have a bad remote from what your saying but just run the test

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Useing the ground from the amp, check the power wire for 12v constant, and check you remote wire for 12v while car is on. If your showing no power on either, try using a good known ground, if you show 12v on them after that, you have a grounding issue. Make sure you ground is no longer the 12", and ground to the body, also making sure the that it is bare metal.

If everything checks out there, and the amp turns on, but shut off shortley there after, your woofer may be causeing the amp to shut off, or go into protect mode. Useing your meter on OHM's, make sure you are running the woofer at the correct OHM for that amp. Most Mono amps, will run 2Ohm, or 4Ohm. 2ch amps usually will only run at 4ohms Bridged, or 2/4 ohm's stereo. Check you woofer to ensure its wire to run in the approriate mode for your amp.

Kbye.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I don't understand what you're saying. lol

All I know wiring beat is the easiest shit in the world.

It is, but I'm on a stock stereo lol its a wee bit harder haha

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Test light will help you out alot

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Grab remote of ignition behind radio, or tap into fuse box.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Useing the ground from the amp, check the power wire for 12v constant, and check you remote wire for 12v while car is on. If your showing no power on either, try using a good known ground, if you show 12v on them after that, you have a grounding issue. Make sure you ground is no longer the 12", and ground to the body, also making sure the that it is bare metal.

If everything checks out there, and the amp turns on, but shut off shortley there after, your woofer may be causeing the amp to shut off, or go into protect mode. Useing your meter on OHM's, make sure you are running the woofer at the correct OHM for that amp. Most Mono amps, will run 2Ohm, or 4Ohm. 2ch amps usually will only run at 4ohms Bridged, or 2/4 ohm's stereo. Check you woofer to ensure its wire to run in the approriate mode for your amp.

Kbye.

I guess I have some inspecting to do

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

From reading on another forum everything wiring.is supposed to be done threw the trunk including the remote wire, I was able to located the stock amplifier and which I am trying to wire the remote too but I'm just going to try another technique tomorrow

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some of these factory amplified ford stereos don't run a powered remote. The amps are turned on via the actual sound output from the deck. So you may have to get your remote signal from a separate switched source or even run a toggled switch to activate your amp. On my 2005 F150 I just used an ignition source that was powered when the truck was on. Your LS may have a remote turn on, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.
Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Pull radio, tap off Yellow/Green from radio harness, re-install radio. Ensure everything is connected correctly, turn on radio, trunk should now be rattling. Pat self on back for job well done.

Kbye.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com