Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would be your next move (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would be your next move
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the mod bug is in my ear like crazy and I know I want to go 5 lug but I got 2 different ways to do it. Should I do the 03 low mile cobra irs ad leave the front 4 lug for the moment till I finish it or do full 5 lug disc brake swap. Prices are different but the IRS is almost to cheap to pass up. Difference in price are maybe 200-250

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For only 200 more I'd do IRS. and later on down the road polish it and get some CCWs or True Forged wheels.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That whole plan you said cost more to do than most members clean coupes cost!! I just want to know how you guys feel about running a cobra irs out back and still hav the 4 lug set up in front. Or should I just pass on the IRS and do full 5 lug swap

--------------------
King Lx

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're gonna keep the 4 lug forever? If it's only a couple days or weeks it's worth the wait. IRS looks so much better then a solid axle unless you're planning on building a race car keep the solid axle.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

rayski25
¯
Member # 11363

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rayski25  Ford pictures for rayski25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get the rear end now and wait till you get the front 5lug an then put it all on at once....maybe even wait till you get the rims as well.

--------------------
66 mustang v6 converted to 351w(sold)
89 mustang lx(sold)
88 mustang gt(current DD)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My first plan was for my car to be 5-lug but I got some good looking rims N decided to stay 4-lug until I finished my motor. But that will be soon hopefully. 5-lug will be on at the same time as my new k-member goes in N rear will also be 31 splined up, well hopefully.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if ive learned anything dealing with these damn cars its do what u want and patient pays off in the long run so u dont keep doing things over and over

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why an IRS? Will this car be road raced? Just put a 8.8 in it and 5 lug everything at once and be done.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
Why an IRS? Will this car be road raced? Just put a 8.8 in it and 5 lug everything at once and be done.

Why an IRS? Is that a trick question [Wink] ? That's like sayin why a mustang? It's a ll preference an what comes across your path. I guess I'm answering my own question so I do apologize but I know we have some opinionated people like myself wanted there take on it

--------------------
King Lx

1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IRS FTW [Big Grin] , got it on my Lincoln Ls and I hit corners hard lol

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

So I'm thinking get the IRS get me some 5 lug rear wheel and roll it like it is then a couple weeks later get the front 5 lug set up and the rims to match the rears then by chance later on upgrade to front cobra brakes.
And the reason I want the IRS is because it's off an 03 with 28k miles for less than what most people want for there roller notch

--------------------
King Lx

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are going to roadrace or drag race?

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jus do the five lug disc all around an be done.i dnt really care for the name anymore.u jus need to stop when u need to asap when that time comes if you plan on putting power in that 4eye couper.

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:

Why an IRS? Is that a trick question [Wink] ? That's like sayin why a mustang? It's a ll preference an what comes across your path. I guess I'm answering my own question so I do apologize but I know we have some opinionated people like myself wanted there take on it
LMFAO then why do so many people swap their IRS for a SRA? You're supposedly building some badass car with tons of power, why keep replacing half shafts when they break? But WTF do I know? I've never built badass vehicles before.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would be your next move :

Left, right hook then.... well., you know the rest. LOL

[ August 09, 2012, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
quote:
quote:

LMFAO then why do so many people swap their IRS for a SRA? You're supposedly building some badass car with tons of power, why keep replacing half shafts when they break? But WTF do I know? I've never built badass vehicles before.
When did I ever state that I was building some bad ass car with tons of power? An plus the IRS will be from a terminator not a 99 or even a 01. Why is everybody being a jerk to me? I'm asking a question and people get all pissy about what I'm asking. If you got a problem with me let me know don't be dick on my post. For no reason tho. And you want to know ht people trade IRS for SRA? Because they bought a fast termi but want to drag race it so they do the swap. And then guys that build there gt's or Mach's and want an IRS so they swap.

--------------------
King Lx

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with phb/ta

You'll hit corners harder n launch harder especially over any stock irs (wich mustangs werent made for) n save money
and don't get mad if an opinion is against your idea, greasy was pointing out the irs weak links, that's the point of an open forum
That's my .02

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

When did I ever state that I was building some bad ass car with tons of power? An plus the IRS will be from a terminator not a 99 or even a 01. Why is everybody being a jerk to me? I'm asking a question and people get all pissy about what I'm asking. If you got a problem with me let me know don't be dick on my post. For no reason tho. And you want to know ht people trade IRS for SRA? Because they bought a fast termi but want to drag race it so they do the swap. And then guys that build there gt's or Mach's and want an IRS so they swap.
Whatever dude, it's your car and you'll know what I'm talking about soon enough. Give yourself a little more time in the game and you'll agree with me. Just because everyone doesn't say "go for it" doesn't mean they're talking shit. You asked for opinions and I gave you mine.

quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
Go with phb/ta

You'll hit corners harder n launch harder especially over any stock irs (wich mustangs werent made for) n save money
and don't get mad if an opinion is against your idea, greasy was pointing out the irs weak links, that's the point of an open forum
That's my .02

Thanks bro, at least you understand what I'm saying.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

1quick302
¯
Member # 10887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1quick302  Ford pictures for 1quick302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
Go with phb/ta

That's my .02

What he said. I did a little research on the IRS vs the SRA and I must say if you put on the TA and PHB you'll kill any stock IRS but that's just that it's going against a stock IRS. But why dump money into an IRS that's going on a fox? There's really no need to so I'm sure your IRS will stay stock. So why not keep the solid and save money and go with lower control arms TA and PHB and be done with it and kill all stock IRS.. I mean it does look good from the rear but so does the solid with the addition off those parts.

--------------------
92' white GT "stock"
89' red devil coupe AKA 1quick302

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5-lug Solid rear axle with all MM fixin's is my vote! MM Panhard bar, TA, rear adj control arms and you're set.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

^^^ I hope you're not talking shit, some people might get butt hurt.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an LS1 bruh bruh

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Get an LS1 bruh bruh

OMG OMG OMG

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id put a small plate system on it and run 110 octane and see how long that piss pot 140hp 302 junker will hold up.

FYI Ghia was the loaded one, only thing over base model was the cobra in that year of which yours is obviously not.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there are 2 types of racecars

ones with nitrous

and ones that NEED nitrous

where do you stand in this lineup ?????

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com