Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CA FORDS HISTORY!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: CA FORDS HISTORY!!
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok mods, old tymers, cafordsCIA, those of u who are watching from a dimly lit vga monitor, time to speak up. im interested in some of the history goin on here, 98cobra.com was it the orig cafords, or did it give life to us n die?.....what is cafords b-day, who are members 1-10 and who owns/runs this place. do we have any other sister sites. ever been on the verge of shutting down? and i dont know whatever other info !!!fun facts!!! how bout some stories or people from the past that were controvesial that has blown ove or declassified info the public is now allowed to have,im sure u wouldnt let us know but any other fun little tid bits like the ..............DOT. dont worry thats the only one ill pretend to know !!!! hahahaahah
i know its alot to ask but u know ill be hearpost whorein it up as they like to call me nowadays!!oh yeah i cant remember seein any females on this site, definte crybabie keyboard courage bitches (but well save that for a feisty night) but no fems.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^o.k. fire away<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>............^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[worship] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink] [patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Razz] [dance]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run this. 98Cobra was the original site but it was converted to CaliforniaFords.com. MANY people have been banned from here N there is females on here. About the dot, you might never know just know it was a good dot. [Smile]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cafords hit the world wide web on June 15th 2000

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

1SLW4DR
¯
Member # 11498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLW4DR  Ford pictures for 1SLW4DR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
03 mercury marauder

TireSmokingHooligan.

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cafords has been around for some time. A lot of banned members. I have sat behind the screens for some time watching/reading the drama unfold.....Noticed a lot of people getting banned, lol and suspended. Some that have been banned have been rumored to have started norcal1320, and bayarearacing.org, and californiafords.net

Then for the drama free threads a lot of us usually go to moddedmustangs.com

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I run this. 98Cobra was the original site but it was converted to CaliforniaFords.com. MANY people have been banned from here N there is females on here. About the dot, you might never know just know it was a good dot. [Smile]

oh i got the real story on the dot, do you?? [Cool]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
Originally posted by NotACop_281:
 -

shoot , if id known thati coulda brought u one, ive been catching them instead of fish outta the slough!!! [Wink]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollin5ive0:
ok mods, old tymers, cafordsCIA, those of u who are watching from a dimly lit vga monitor, time to speak up. im interested in some of the history goin on here, 98cobra.com was it the orig cafords, or did it give life to us n die?.....what is cafords b-day, who are members 1-10 and who owns/runs this place. do we have any other sister sites. ever been on the verge of shutting down? and i dont know whatever other info !!!fun facts!!! how bout some stories or people from the past that were controvesial that has blown ove or declassified info the public is now allowed to have,im sure u wouldnt let us know but any other fun little tid bits like the ..............DOT. dont worry thats the only one ill pretend to know !!!! hahahaahah
i know its alot to ask but u know ill be hearpost whorein it up as they like to call me nowadays!!oh yeah i cant remember seein any females on this site, definte crybabie keyboard courage bitches (but well save that for a feisty night) but no fems.

My original account for which I lost all the information I was member number 10

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

oh i got the real story on the dot, do you?? [Cool]
I don't have the "story" I've clicked on it. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the site was started by Gabe, Matt, Brian, Harold, Sal-- forgot right name its been so many years and he straight vanished with his stock white lx cracking off 13's.

I used to race around in a yellow 5.0 from 99-02 going to Milpitas street races, livermore and sac raceway. My roommate in College (chuck) is now a moderator on this site after getting kicked off and starting Raccoonracing.

As for today
Gabe is long gone and so is his yellow convertible

Matt is gone as well I think after his HCI motor blew up for the 10th time he stopped coming around

Harold sold his last cobra and is out of the game as well and is now into the KOH events.

Brian - Last time I saw him was years ago we ran into each other at the saddle rack and he told me he was a air traffic controller and that he sold his saleen.

Thats a little bit of info to get your teeth wet.

As for me I don't think I will own a mustang again unless its a classic. I've gone to the dark side and now have a 67 Nova.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
Well the site was started by Gabe, Matt, Brian, Harold, Sal-- forgot right name its been so many years and he straight vanished with his stock white lx cracking off 13's.

I used to race around in a yellow 5.0 from 99-02 going to Milpitas street races, livermore and sac raceway. My roommate in College (chuck) is now a moderator on this site after getting kicked off and starting Raccoonracing.

As for today
Gabe is long gone and so is his yellow convertible

Matt is gone as well I think after his HCI motor blew up for the 10th time he stopped coming around

Harold sold his last cobra and is out of the game as well and is now into the KOH events.

Brian - Last time I saw him was years ago we ran into each other at the saddle rack and he told me he was a air traffic controller and that he sold his saleen.

Thats a little bit of info to get your teeth wet.

As for me I don't think I will own a mustang again unless its a classic. I've gone to the dark side and now have a 67 Nova.

right on, i see you still stick around to see what goin down in the mustang communitty! oh and i think everybody wants to step into the dark just a little, but doin it in a nova necesitates style!! (with what im assuming is not a cheap stock grandmas car) thanks for the backround [worship]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

damn, so you've BEEN doin this? quick q....do you have a car u take to the track, or one in the works, or to busy buildin everyone elses? what are the details of dan's if so!! [patriot]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

damn, so you've BEEN doin this? quick q....do you have a car u take to the track, or one in the works, or to busy buildin everyone elses? what are the details of dan's if so!! [patriot]
I don't have shit, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

His name was SAWSON ST5150

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't have shit, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

His name was SAWSON ST5150

ummmm
did you mean to say ..his name was robert paulson....his name was robert paulson??
or the guy you stayed at holiday in express was sawson st5150?you know dan getting hotels and sleeping with random men who dont give you thier real names it sooo dangerous!!
lol...hahah...no really though im not sure why you gave me his name, im sure that the years of drug use has left my brain not quite in perfect working order so remind me who and why you told me sawson st510 name...?? sorry?

*****(ok ready for verbal lashing)********** [Embarrassed]

[ August 09, 2012, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: rollin5ive0 ]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
history dont matter just look who joined and we've been on the decline since!

-

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:

-

well it does say fordologist uder your name so this has got to be an offical study right!......wait i came aug 08 and,......by my calculations, ohh no .....it looks like awesomeness took a drammatic downfall and never looked back around then,.......you dont think i could been the reason or part for awesomeness catastrophy do you.....awww fuck im gonna go kill myself.....dont worry ca fords non-awesomeness curses time is at an end!! goodbye crule world!! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:

-

If it tanked that bad when neight joined imagine if Obama joined the site. [Razz]

--------------------
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the biggest reason i stuck around for so long even after moving was the LACK of drama here

it was a great group, and anytime i needed anything, i looked here first

the classifieds werent all that big back then

most guys , due to smog , were just staying mostly stock with gears and really just focusing on looks over speed

when i showed up with my "slow" (by detroit measures) '89 notch that really was all stock motor and running 12.50's on smack, i got enuff attention to get it stolen. im assuming after i beat up on all the FRESNO hoods and lifted some of their unneeded cash

anyways, what i like about the site....which still sticks.....is that everyone can chill out and BS about anything

not just hardcore wrenches ridiculing you for asking a question they think is "beyond" them explaining it

ive been in this 5.0 game since 1987 (well kinda...it was a '66 with a 289 then) but i learned a lot over the years.

if i can answer a Q for someone getting under the hood of a 5.0 for the first time....???? im just glad to offer the help

so...sorry , no real stories for ya LOL

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would come to this site religously because there was always useful info and cool guys that would help each other out when it came to tech issue/questions. It was pretty coool back then because 99% of the talk on this board was strictly 5.0 specific [Cool] . I was part of the first 2000 members until the site crashed way back in the days and I lost my original profile. I also remember the 98Cobra days but wasn't a registered member then.

[ August 09, 2012, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
the biggest reason i stuck around for so long even after moving was the LACK of drama here

it was a great group, and anytime i needed anything, i looked here first

the classifieds werent all that big back then

most guys , due to smog , were just staying mostly stock with gears and really just focusing on looks over speed

when i showed up with my "slow" (by detroit measures) '89 notch that really was all stock motor and running 12.50's on smack, i got enuff attention to get it stolen. im assuming after i beat up on all the FRESNO hoods and lifted some of their unneeded cash

anyways, what i like about the site....which still sticks.....is that everyone can chill out and BS about anything

not just hardcore wrenches ridiculing you for asking a question they think is "beyond" them explaining it

ive been in this 5.0 game since 1987 (well kinda...it was a '66 with a 289 then) but i learned a lot over the years.

if i can answer a Q for someone getting under the hood of a 5.0 for the first time....???? im just glad to offer the help

so...sorry , no real stories for ya LOL

well, i think we can forgive for no stories lol but, we can give an advanced THANK YOU, for wantting to step up and not make a fool of anyone with a question that to them could be detrimental, but for most a no brainer! when i first came hear i forget who but someone pm'ed and said hey if you have any question about workin on your mustang dont be afraid to ask, and ignore anyone who gives u problems! what people gotta realize is and think about is the first car they worked on or modifyed, i dont think anyones first project was building a hot cammed nitrous prepped 408 from bare block, so dont act like thats the only legit q' anyone anyone should have, in any case its good to know that your out there and ANYone will get non-deragatory un-cynical answer! we appreciate that!! [patriot]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I searched the internet for a local mustang site, when I was in the market for some satin ponys back in 2001. Met up with a member (police officer I thing) on this site and baught the rims and been here ever since.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Observations of a 5.O enthusiast. Some related to cafords.com history, some not. In no specific order.

Norman Chang, the Godfather of the West Coast 5.O scene. The yellow turbo 306 coupe, running mid 9's. This was the stuff of only magazines in the mid 1990's. My brother still has one of the the yellow front lx fender extensions on his project car.

Some high school kid from Shangle Sprangs upgrades his primered 66 mustang with a ventilated floor to a mint, stock, yellow 94 GT. He then spends the next several years and countless hours in a garage three doors down from me modifying it. Later he would come into contact with someone I first met at the track while racing his bolt on chp mustang that ran low 14's. They now own and operate the nationally recognized hot rod shop known as AED.

WHISTLER, an infrequent poster here. A dark blue 91 lx, sitting on 18 and 20 inch Budniks, at a time when most people had 17s. Jason Brisson coined the burnouts the most expensive at the track, 20 inch tires were expensive at the time. Due to lack of safety equipment never got to see an ideal timeslip. Generally it was first pass warning, second pass see you later. The 600+ hp Victor 5.O, 306 combo was tuned with a timing light and a fuel pressure regulator, before the popularity of national message forums and dyno tunes. Now owner and operator of Paramount Motorworks.

John Kellogg owned a faded silver 1982 GT in the early 90's. Him and his brother got me interested in the 5.O Mustang. It had an 89 efi longblock with a GT-40 intake. He also turned his hobby into a career, starting JT's Performance several years later in Sacramento.

Camara90, first time I saw him was at Sacramento Raceway. An immaculate stock 90 GT on turbines, I liked the personalized license plate too. Cleanest daily driven red fox GT west of the Mississippi. He would later purchase his current car from someone I know very well. It had a collection of parts from people I've known going back to the early 90's. It now looks and runs better than ever under his ownership.

jph331 and his crew were usually the faster 5.Os seen at the track, racing stripes and deleted rear fender extensions, driven to the track and raced. racsirx, the clean red GT making passes with Budniks and an s-trim. KLocke would show up on Wednesday from time to time, probably low 11's high 10's at the time. TEAM SOLO also ran mid 12's at one time in his gutted fox GT.

turbo50, I remember selling him a 93 Cobra intake. He was driving the burgundy lx drop at the time. We met at a gas station, hwy 50 and bradshaw. I show up with the upper and lower bolted together. He says I need to check the inside to see if its cracked. I had no tools so I ended up going to the Kragen down the street and borrowed some. Dan bought then it.

Car shows and meets with acquaintances in Pleasanton and the Foster's Freeze in Dublin and Rocklin.

TRY2PAZ hitting 11's in his blown, red, drop, 99GT. WIKD281 at the track when his Cobra still had paper plates.

Races with GOROBGO, Chirag, Aaron Cames, Jon McCleskey, and Joe Tansey, won some and lost some. FasterDamnit and his scary shifter handle.

Brian with his very clean(not cafords clean) blue lx, 331, drop. John Force burnouts and the red Keith Craft shirt at every track outing.

Miles, running 12.6 in his new white, 2003 Cobra, in 2002. I think the only mod was lots of ice on the engine between passes.

st5150, Sawson, a bolt on white lx that ran mid 13's. He would come to the track with a big blue tarp and pull out what seemed like most his garage and place it on the tarp when at the track. The car had mudflaps, but still he could not talk Luke87GT into a grudge match. He was responsible for more of the operation of the website than most know.

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
90GT, you remember my GT on Budnicks!!!, damn that was along time ago, what did you have back then?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My first encounter with 98cobra was in dublin and a back road in my grand prix gettin WAXED by a guy in a awd explorer on the kit, then later being invited to his house for a party that night. and then seeing ever one on wednesday nights at the track and drew and shaun on sunrise every weekend/

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com