Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Can non-police issue tickets?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Can non-police issue tickets?
ernestojr
Member # 10184

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ernestojr  Ford pictures for ernestojr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got a letter and bill in the mail from city of union city for not having a front license plate while parked on a residential street? I never got pulled over. I "hear" that most people just send in money (Newport beach SoCal address) and accept the fine? Suggestions?

--------------------
Ernesto Jr
WEKFEST
ADVANCED AUTO
ATS GARAGE

Posts: 6 | From: SF BAY AREA , CALI | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol fuck that

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't sign it, if you have no signature showing that you plead guilty to this fine they can't get you for shit, and I thought the only peiplethat can issue you a ticket is a police officer or a paring ticket at the most?

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Watch me do some magic, abra-cadabra, you never saw shit! Tah fucken dah!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18533 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ernestojr
Member # 10184

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ernestojr  Ford pictures for ernestojr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, just some random letter and bill for $160 just arrived. No place to sign or even contest and fight it, just a bill asking for $

--------------------
Ernesto Jr
WEKFEST
ADVANCED AUTO
ATS GARAGE

Posts: 6 | From: SF BAY AREA , CALI | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1ST0KGT:
Don't sign it, if you have no signature showing that you plead guilty to this fine they can't get you for shit, and I thought the only peiplethat can issue you a ticket is a police officer or a paring ticket at the most?

If they have a blue light they can give you a ticket
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you didn't get pulled over for it and didn't have a ticket on your windsheild from a police officer then throw the ticket away.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

05gto
¯
Member # 11486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05gto  Ford pictures for 05gto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one for my tint I just ignore it and that was 4 years ago I talk to the court and they said if I didn't sign it there noting they can do the same with red light tickets most poeple pay it but u don't have to after a while they just give up

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
05 Gto

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The parking ticket ladies around here actually drive around and look for parked cars without front plates. They can actually issue you a citation whether or not you are driving your car. Sure...you don't have to pay it...but is it worth accumulating tickets / fines?

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was parked in Berkeley and the nice ticket prick left a nice ticket on my windshield for not having a front plate. I paid it cuz I didn't want that shit going up and being added to my registration. It was $25 or fix the problem and still pay a part of it. I just paid it cuz I'm cool [Cool]

--------------------
To be or not to be

SLWST50
¯
Member # 11113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLWST50  Ford pictures for SLWST50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meter maids (sometimes employed by the city or county) can write these tickets. It is not a moving violation.

--------------------
1995 GT
2001 BULLITT
2007 GT Redfire Vert (Wife's)

Posts: 32 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is no "correctable" box on the ticket? there should be a number to call, or you should be able to go online to confirm the cite.

oh, and yes, parking enforcement can issue the cite.

[ July 25, 2012, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might want to see if the ticket will be sent to collections just in case you don't pay it, I doubt you'll want to ruin your credit over $160.
jonp
Member # 10284

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonp  Ford pictures for jonp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes it's a good ticket. It's showing as $160, because that's probably the amount of the fine if uncorrected. You may have already passed the correction period, so they didn't give you the option on the ticket to correct it?

If you didn't get the ticket on your car then someone may have taken it off of there before you came back.

If you don't pay it, they will attach it to your vehicle registration and put it on your credit report. You won't be able to register your car until it's paid.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com