Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » thinking of getting out the car game (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: thinking of getting out the car game
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got to a point in my life where these cars just don't make me happy anymore. Gives me a headache more than anything and I seem spend more time wrenching on them especially the cobra than being able to enjoy it. So for the 1st time, I'm actually considering selling the cobra. The money will allow me to buy a house and be headache free..don't know where else to go from here.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its that vette bringing u down.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do it Phil. Whatever makes you happy. Luckily bangin gears in my cobra is probably the only thing that makes me happy anymore.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dibs on the side skirts if you part her out [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol i know exactly what u mean i jus sold my bike to clear things up for a house......i dont think saling the cobra will help tho only gonna hurt when u want it and its not there if u ask me

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell that shit. Buy a house, stack some chips.

Get another car and build it when your in your 30's

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy an RV. It's like a house and a car

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it and do some grown man shit! Cars are nothing compared to owning your own home. I did it a few years back...sold a bunch of my toys including my car and stuck to being "realistic." After a couple years i was able to save up some "Play" money and get back in the car game. But even now, i still think about selling my faleen to free up some extra funds for a down payment on a potential second home. We'll see how it goes. But if you sell your cobra I'd congratulate you [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

The Vette is bringing you down since that car outshines the cobra in every way. It can be daily driven, gets amazing gas mileage, and can smash on cars reliably. Yeah the cobra makes more power and is faster, but thanks to that garbage MRP pulley alignment it's only fast for a few miles until you shred a belt. Unless you invest in the COP conversion and a better belt alignment that car will keep giving you issues, unless you want to deal with all of that get rid of it.
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
honestly i would say do it especially if its for something better like a home .cars will always be around get a home at a good price while u can.
SAV SVT
¯
Member # 7848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV SVT  Ford pictures for SAV SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHAT [Eek!] Sell the Cobra [Eek!] We havent raced yet [Eek!] Dam that sucks Phil, but you gotta do what makes you happpy bro. Shit lets swap headers and exhaust [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just make sure you keep one of em bro, I think your just dealing with having two performance cars instead of a good DD.

Owning property ftw though [patriot]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SELL it.Keep the vette. A house will bring u more money in the long run
Ls1camaro00
¯
Member # 6238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ls1camaro00  Ford pictures for Ls1camaro00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Phil just sell the cobra and buy a house that way you have a house and a bad ass vette that you can daily drive and go fast in. [patriot]

--------------------
-Two-Gun Motorsports-
*Dont Run Your Mouth If U Cnt Run Your Car*
2000 camaro ss - Cali Stock :D

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
I've got to a point in my life where these cars just don't make me happy anymore. Gives me a headache more than anything and I seem spend more time wrenching on them especially the cobra than being able to enjoy it. So for the 1st time, I'm actually considering selling the cobra. The money will allow me to buy a house and be headache free..don't know where else to go from here.

Right there with you. I sold my 93 cobra and bought a house. I've never looked back. You can always get another car. Get that house asap. Like e40 said, don't buy a 85 thousand dollar car before you buy a house.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well selling the cobra will not have you out of the car game since you'll still have the vette and make no mistake houses are headaches as well.

But on the real if you are driving around cars that are worth 15-30k and still dont have a house and your credit is good? you need to be in your own house! now is the time to buy!

Sold my dirt bike to kick off my down payment fund and havent regreted it at all. shit when my refund comes i look at it and go damn I can buy a few dirt bikes now.Love owning my own home!

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say keep it. All these guys are telling you to sell it. To be honest you won't get anywhere near what you have invested. Over on corral fully built SN's go for $15k... I know it's going to sound crazy. Id just keep them and lay low for a year saving up and NOT modding them. A year later if you still want to sell, then post it up. Just don't let go of your pride and joy on impulse!!!!!!

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no brainer especially if selling the car willl enable you to invest which in turn will likely earn you money in the long run.

not saying this is ur situation but this is a lesson we can all learn at some point in our lives...
we often dont do it this way but always get ur financial situation in order before considering toys.

[ July 19, 2012, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what this isnt phil? someone hackted his account [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Y2K 281:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

The Vette is bringing you down since that car outshines the cobra in every way. It can be daily driven, gets amazing gas mileage, and can smash on cars reliably. Yeah the cobra makes more power and is faster, but thanks to that garbage MRP pulley alignment it's only fast for a few miles until you shred a belt. Unless you invest in the COP conversion and a better belt alignment that car will keep giving you issues, unless you want to deal with all of that get rid of it.
Garbage pulley alignment Mike.. really? You were the one that told me that a shop you go to installed 8 rib setups that also shreded belts after they were laser aligned. My point is that its easy to go thru belts on new 8 rib setups, but it wasn't the alignment that was off.

And Phil, don't do it. Nobody knows how much you've been thru with that car more than me. I know what has to be done and I know what you need. We will get your car to my house and I will work on it. I have time almost everyday after work. I will get it done.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have two modded cars and no house...this is a good decision for you...there's nothing wrong with selling it all to be financially stable and responsible

[ July 19, 2012, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im with corn oil. I stopped modding my car an saved up and bought a house. You cant live in a car, and you only have one ass so you cant drive them both at the same time. Sell it, buy a house, in 5 years buy another one. building is half the fun anyway.
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
Buy an RV. It's like a house and a car

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
To be honest you won't get anywhere near what you have invested.

And that's where you're wrong, this is a HOBBY, not Charles Schwab.... A house IS an investment, especially right now. In 5 years the man could buy 17 of your beloved fox body mustangs with the accrued equity lol

You're on the right track! Good for you.

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is one of those 5ltrSVT threads where I need a pat on the ass for encouragement type shit

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com